NEWS

[IC] Road to Redmond -- Finished

• 751 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #45 on: <09-13-10/1708:38> »
Mercedes switches her perception to the astral to see if there's anything magical she can learn about the room or the boy.

Astral Perception of Jeshua's room. (7d6.hits(5)=1, 4 - 1's - Glitch)

[OOC: Man, Invisible Castle just ain't liking me these days...]

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <09-13-10/1751:55> »
[OOC: that sucks  ;D.  Let's see here....ok I got a nice fair glitch....well fair might be debatable, but everyone can agree that it's a good one]

@Mercedes:  As you widen your doors of perception and you become aware of the multi-chromatic glow of your team-mate's aura's, you see a different color greenish glow coming out from  around the edges of one of the top drawers in Jeshua's dresser.  You open the drawer and start pulling out the socks which cover up the glow and once you finally see it,  you notice it's a little electric cigarette lighter looking device which has a little clear plastic container near where the flame usually comes from and with a grimy little tube coming out the top.  Inside the little plastic container you see pieces of a plant of some sort, and even though the little organic material in the device looks dried and dead, it still glows with a rather intense aura.  You start handling the little lighter-like device to try and figure it out and as soon as you press down the little button on it, you see a little coil under the dried organic material glow orange and before you can react, a thick puff of skunky smoke shoots out of the tube and into your face.  The smell is the same one which the air freshener is trying to hide and you are overtaken by a fit of coughing.  As the spasms subside you notice something that you never really paid much attention to......B.B. looks really adorable.  You wish you had thought of buying a little baby bjorn carrier and then you could strap him to your chest.  The thought of B.B. in a baby bjorn carrier sends you into an unstoppable fit of laughter that for some reason you can't control.  Woofer and B.B. look up and frown heavily on your shinanigans, then go back to work.  You decide you should do the same and with a new-found cheer you shift your perception back to the physical realm to be able to concentrate better.......then all of a sudden you're shocked by something which never has happened to you before....for some reason you're still seeing in the astral plane.  You try again, but nothing....your perception doesn't even budge.  

[OOC: you now have a +1 to your Willpower, but a -2 to any non-astral or non-magical tests for an undisclosed period of time.]
« Last Edit: <09-13-10/1812:30> by inca1980 »

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <09-13-10/1757:29> »
I'll find an out of the way place in an alley and hide my duffle bag with my "business clothes" in it and do a quick look around to see if I can locate any glaring security weaknesses or something that looks like it is "beefed" up more than normal. (physical security design 2 logic 3= 5d and if I can also use security systems (same dice pool) to assist it I will)

"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <09-13-10/1808:03> »
@Cynthia:
[OOC: Logic 3+security systems 2=5 dice 5d6.hits(5)=2.  You don't see any type of security on this whole block.  They just look like old 3 story apartment buildings with old fashioned electronic locks on the outside door.  The downstairs buzzer systems you pass look a good 50 years old with the view screen still being LCD, and in some of the most dilapidated buildings it's just a cracked cathode ray tube screen sitting on top of a series of buzzers for each apartment.  The only thought that comes to your mind in terms of "security" is the rather strategic position of the 3 orks and the dwarf you passed giving them a good view of anyone entering any of the buildings on the block...but it could be just a coincidence...but they definitely saw you slip into any one of the alley's on the block.  

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <09-13-10/1828:47> »
I'll look around to try and figure out which window would be the right apartment. Switch on the chameleon suit. Then I'll try to determine if I can get to the apartment from the outside or if I need to go up the stairwell to get there.

Walks Through Walls

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #50 on: <09-13-10/1831:11> »
((OOC: Not sure if I'm doing it right, but...here goes http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2686551/ (first roll), http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2686556/ (second roll), http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2686559/ (third roll), http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2686560/ (fourth roll) 14 hits total.))

Woofer takes out his rubber gloves, snaps them on, and starts to go through the room in a very deliberate and precise order.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #51 on: <09-13-10/1835:02> »
[OOC: Nice glitch. Can I assume I know that I'm a little high? ;) Composure Roll (12d6.hits(5)=6, just in case it might help..)]

Mercedes stiffles a new fit of giggles as she puts the socks back into the drawer, but keeps the lighter out. "Marcus, better take this. It's some kind of ... somthing." A giggle slips out as she pictures Marcus barking, Woofer!, then passes him the lighter. "And keep it away from Baby-er B.B.!" She giggles even more, opening a drawer full of t-shirts that she finds incredibly cute.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <09-13-10/2023:22> »
[OOC: @Mercedes: ya, you know you're a little baked...but you don't know why you're stuck astrally perceiving.  You are able to maintain your composure though.]

@Cynthia:  Since it's stopped raining, you pull the tight fitting hood and face mask of your chameleon suit over your head and sub-vocally instruct the processor to engage the ruthenium polymers and light sensor array.  As you walk along the alley you see your form fade away and you take on the appearance of a flexible glass sculpture which in the daylight is still somewhat conspicuous if observed in detail.  The alley which connects 184th and 185th intersects a small service alley which runs in between the buildings on either side of the city block and a clutter of small fire escapes belonging to both sets of buildings rise up on either side above you.  If you make a left at the alley you can see the back of the building which houses 1324 but you have no idea how the apartment numbering in the building works.  On a fire-escape on the building opposite 1324 you see a hispanic looking female troll draped in a moo-moo and wearing flip-flops grilling something on a spit which you hope to god is not a devil-rat.

@Rest of Team:
After 15 minutes of digging through piles of dirty clothes, lifting-up matresses, and shuffling through drawers, you all find a little wooden box when Woofer thinks of ripping out the stuffing from a cute little bust-a-move drone and checking the gutted hardware chasis inside.  In the box you find:
 1. a little plastic bag half-full of the same dried up herb Mercedes got a whiff of
 2. about 20 data chips painted several different psychedelic colors
 3. a little book with the title "Combat Mage Karl: Asamando Chronicles"

You still haven't found any commlinks however, so you press on and just as you hear the doorbell ring you find 2 commlinks inside the zipper pockets of a jacket in the closet!

Germaine opens the door to the room and in a hushed voice asks you to all hurry into the living room.  A black house-keeping crawler drone with a suite of red glowing sensor arrays on it opens the door with one of it's myomeric tentacles and steps aside as the security guard who was at the checkpoint comes in the room with a concerned look on his face...you can now clearly see his name-tag says "Crawford" on it....behind him comes a bigger man with an armored vest and a visored cap which says "Security" on it.

Crawford:  "It looks like we have a little bit of a problem....it turns out that our scanners are not on the fritz at all and the ID was rejected during the data-base cross-reference.  The bad news is that I can't just do another scan, but the good news is that if Ms. Baccarin would briefly come with us we can sort this matter out over at the central security office in the north tower."

Guard #2: "If the rest of you need to be on your way then we would be more than willing to provide transportation for Ms. Baccarin once we've cleared her.  We are very sorry for the inconvenience Mr. Robinson."

Germaine looks wide-eyed at the guards, he then turns slightly toward Mercedes, his face all of a sudden growing cold and devoid of expression "I see....well Ms. Baccarin would you please accompany the gentlemen to the north tower?" 
« Last Edit: <03-07-11/1042:07> by inca1980 »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #53 on: <09-13-10/2054:09> »
[OOC: As we're searching the room, I'm going to make sure Woofer & B.B. know that the lighter has drugs in it and I'm baked. Amid sporadic giggling, of course. Mercedes doesn't know it, but this is Deepweed, right? So I'm going to be stoned for about 4 hours, then a -1 to dice pools for fours after that, right?]

"I'm sure it's this commlink. The guy who sold it to me claimed it was Sony Emperor, but it keeps dropping my calls, I can't play any music and there's always these spam-bots popping up and the most inopportune times. I'll gladly go with you, officers to make sure that everything has been cleared up. I'm sure the Home Office will be more than happy to hear that security is so thorough, even with one of the Audit Teams sent here to check on how efficient everything is."

Con roll on Security guards (16d6.hits(5)=4)
Phew... 4 hits, Figure there's probably some negative mods, though. I'm trying to put on the air that we're going to be auditing the entire company to see if they take the bait. Playing on the chance that Sec Guards don't want to attract the attention of Home Office auditors. :D

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <09-13-10/2128:06> »
Since I don't know what apartment I'm looking for I'm going to go inside the building and head up the stairwell. I'm going to use my infiltration to sneak along. I'll keep looking for any changes in security. If I see any cameras I'll cast my improved invisibility to further enhance my sneaking ability

Walks Through Walls

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <09-13-10/2303:32> »
[OOC: @ Mercedes:  Wow, let's see if she can pull this off :)  Modifiers to your roll: They're Suspicious -1 + Disastrous to NPC -5 + Character is intoxicated -1 + Subject (crawford) has romantic  attraction to you 2 + Subject has plenty of time to evaluate the situation -1 = -6 modifier to your roll.  I'll just reroll for you.  Dicepool is 16-6=10  10d6.hits(5)=4.  Their roll is Cha 3 + Default -1 + Teamwork 1 + GM's opinion that this is tough one to squeeze out of and it's their job to ask questions 2=6 6d6.hits(5)=0.  Critical success...Hook line and sinker!  Damn you Mercedes, damn youuuu!]

@Mercedes:  Crawford is startled up from undressing you with his eyes after you mention "audit" pauses for a moment, his eyes mesmerized by yours and then turns toward his companion.  "You know what Ted....I'm actually really starting to get a little annoyed with Central.  I don't know how they expect us to do our job when it's their data-bases that need the trouble-shooting.  Let me leave you with my business card and you can call me directly if you're having any more issues with your ID."

Ted, looks a little surprised but nods in agreement and then they both leave the penthouse and close the door behind them.

Germaine looks at you incredulously. 
« Last Edit: <03-07-11/1045:24> by inca1980 »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #56 on: <09-13-10/2310:04> »
[OOC: HELL YEAH!! <dancin'-dancin'-dancin' machine!>]

After the guards leave, she turns to Germaine and smiles warmly, "Now that we've cleared that up... We've got a couple of things to check on from your son's room." She nods to Marcus, allowing him to decide if we reveal what we've found or not and what our next step will be.

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #57 on: <09-13-10/2322:28> »
Woofer laughs, "Nice one Mercedes."

*looks at Germaine* "We've found some things in your sons room, is there anyplace else he and his friends hung out while they were here?"

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #58 on: <09-14-10/0308:04> »
B.B. wasn't sure if his partner's heads were on right, or if it was his own.  There was an elephant standing in the room, and no one was even looking at it.  He popped a piece of Betel gum in his mouth and started chewing it kind of loudly.  "How would Mr. G know, Woof?  He's got biz to run.  I've an idea though.  Why don't we ask his mother?"
« Last Edit: <09-21-10/2234:21> by Kontact »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #59 on: <09-14-10/0428:04> »
[OOC: @Cynthia: The only way you can think of of getting into the building is to get buzzed into the front door or through a window.]

@Rest of group
Germain: "I think it's best if you all leave the enclave as soon as possible.  As far as I know I'd always seen the boys in their room when they weren't at school or in some extracurricular.  His mother would really know best but she left me a message a few minutes ago telling me  she wouldn't be done shopping until dinner time.  If you would like you might be able to speak with her later, but right now I think it's best if you leave before you draw any more attention." 

He reaches into his pocket and removes a short black little credstick and hands it over to Woofer.  "Angel told me this is your preferred form of payment....here's the first half of the money.  There are many things i don't understand about those of you which they call "shadowrunners," but it is quite apparent that despite your un-orthodox methods, you are quite resourceful.  You will receive the other half when you find my son....I leave his reputation, perhaps even his life, in your hands.  My driver can meet you right outside the tower and can take you wherever you'd like to go."
« Last Edit: <03-07-11/1048:16> by inca1980 »

Register