NEWS

[IC] Road to Redmond -- Finished

• 751 Replies

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #75 on: <09-17-10/2333:27> »
[OOC: Yeah, posts are definitely out of the actual order they occurred... ;)]

[OOC: One of the reasons that timestamps are a pretty good idea.  BTW, inca, what if anything did my data search pull up from the com and the matrix?

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #76 on: <09-19-10/2144:08> »
I'll slip back to an unused part of the hallway and summon a watcher. I'm telling it to go into the apartment and let me listen in on what they are talking about.

On my subvocal microphone I'll call B.B. and let him know I'm in the building and waiting to see what happens.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #77 on: <09-20-10/0356:29> »
[OOC: ok, I'm back, this weekend was nuts..sorry about that guys, i was itching to post...you guys are really fun!]

@B.B.
The sculpting of both the comlink's nodes is the typical straight outa-the-box, slowly rotating Renraku orb..one node is red, the other is blue.  The company logo swirls over the surface and tips you off right away that one of the first hacking tricks you ever learned will probably work in this case.  Renraku Ichi nodes which haven't been user-sculpted yet get a little confused when you up the terrapixels of your icon beyond 5G....this will cause the ichi to issue a harmless "upgrade sculpting now or later" prompt...all you do is select "later" and set a 30 sec interval for the reminder.  If you then time your initial hack with the reminder, a hole in the operating system thinks you're an update and opens up enough to easily finish the job garnering a generic admin access to boot.

It seems quite apparent that these comm's weren't Jeshua's main one's....the last login on either one had been almost a month ago.  Your search of the commlink's turns up a few emails and txt messages which reference Hannibal and Sam and only one reference to Lana.  The info is so spread out that it makes sense that Visteon would have only been able to piece together the truth during investigations into suspicious activity and not during routine browsings....that's probably how Germaine never knew.  To get an initial gist of your findings without having to read all the hits yourself yet, you feed the smart-browse function of your  Browse program some parameters, cross reference it with your matrix-wide search, and it summerizes  the content of the references as follows:

Browse program: "Jeshua Robinson and Isamu Argentis seem to have been buying goods from Hannibal <<database cross reference: age 34, male human drug dealer out of eastern Bellevue>>.  He works for Sam <<database cross reference: initial data-base scans indicate he is most likely a low level Mafia enforcer named Samuel Merkowski, age 36, male troll...confidence 89.3%>>.  Sam's apartment is 1324 184th SE st. Apt. 7.  Lana is unknown....only reference is: 'Hannibal: Sam'll throw in some time with Lana for just 20 nuyen extra.'...'Jeshua: no thanks, i'm good'"

@Woofer
As you dust off some of those "Nuke'em" crumbs from your lap you look down at your beeping forensics kit and its associated ARO starts outputting a read-out into your field of view.  <<Cannabis Sativa Astralus a.k.a Deepweed, mojo grass, mage mota, ...etc.  TTHC content 87.3%....possible origin: Aztlan 98% certainty>>

@Cynthia:
[OOC: Summoning watcher Magic (mystic adept) 2 + Summoning 1=3 3d6.hits(5)=1.  Drain=1S , Cha 5 + Will 4 = 9 9d6.hits(5)=4...no drain.  Watcher will last 1 hour.]

You summon a watcher and it manifests out of the astral plane before you as a squirrel made of light....it fades back into the astral plane and as you close your eyes you can see the mental images it is sending you of astral space like a movie.

The watcher moves through the apartment door and through it's eyes you see yourself appear in a 2 meter long vestibule entrance with a room on your right.  In front of you is a hefty troll in a wife-beater, some boxers and flip flips sitting at a small table looking at the far wall of the living-room, his single blackened horn comes out the right side of his head and twists itself half-way around the back of his skull.  Laying on the table next to him you see a modified submachine gun which has had the trigger guard sawed off and a piece of a two-by-four nailed to the grip in order for his massive troll hands to even be able to hold the thing.   Even though you cannot clearly see technological displays from the astral realm, you can tell he's most likely looking at a trid screen judging by the dull zoned out expression in his eyes.

The watcher checks the room to the right and you can see it's just an empty bedroom, but when it makes it's way back into vestibule and then the living room which spreads out to the right, you see 2 of the orks on a couch facing the far wall, also zoned out watching the same trid, occasionally laughing.

On another couch facing the troll,  to your complete amazement, you see the 3rd ork sitting with his pants around his ankles having intercourse with a human female on top of him.....everyone else in the room completely oblivious to the rather graphic fornication going on right next to them!

The kitchen is just a section of the living room and the dishes are piled high, a pair of 5 inch long rat-roaches darting in and out of the mess.  Other than the troll, the girl and the 3 orks you find no-one else.  B.B.'s communication comes through your commlink sharing with you his findings.

@Mercedes:
 "munch, munch, munch...."
[OOC: Assensing test Int 4 + Assensing 3=7 7d6.hits(5)=3...good roll]

As you're relaxing and munching away sitting in the passengers seat, leaning up against the door with your legs curled up to your chest, you glance over at Jeshua's box which lays open next to B.B. who is punching away furiously at AR screens layed out in front of him.  You realize that you are aware of something which you didn't sense before.  The dime bag of deep weed is now sitting in Woofers lap and is no longer interfering with an underlying emotional impression which still weakly lingers around the box.  You assense a certain nervousness....a personal secret emanating from the container.  You lean over and grab it, B.B.'s AR screens shifting out of your way as if they had a mind of their own.  You feel that the source of this emotion is strongest inside, connected to the chips, but not originating from them, but rather from the paper-back.  Despite the ubiquitous nature of AR, nothing beats curling up on your couch with a musky old harlequin romance novel and you feel like at least this much you have in common with the missing boy.  You pick up the book "Kombat Mage Karl: Asamando Chronicles," not your perferred choice of literture, and it even looks a little too kitchy for a teenage boy, with the famous hero depicted on the cover summoning an immense air elemental with several ghouls cowering in the periphery.  As you page through the novel trying to follow the emotional impression you're picking up on, you notice a little piece of folded loose-leaf paper which definitely is the source of the emotions.  You unfold the creased loose-leaf and you see a carefully colored-penciled drawing which looks like this:
« Last Edit: <03-07-11/1100:00> by inca1980 »

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #78 on: <09-20-10/1247:36> »
Woofer sighs as he looks at Mercedes chowing down, "The kid was on Deepweed." *looks at the gnome* "Any idea what those chips were? or still working on those Comms?"

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #79 on: <09-20-10/1926:15> »
Mercedes stops chewing, studying the drawing... Ignoring the gnome's joyous hacking in the back seat, she leans over to Marcus, "Marcus, this was in a book of his. He has a strong emotional tie to it. Have you ever seen anything like this before?"

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #80 on: <09-20-10/1939:52> »
Marcus takes a look at the piece of paper, "No, but it's something to check." *takes picture of the image* "I'll start a search soon, how are you feeling anyway?"

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #81 on: <09-20-10/1942:38> »
@ Mecedes "How far away are you guys? The group here is completely unaware right now, and we could get the serious drop on them if you guys hurry."

O.O.C. From what the watcher saw did the side rooms have windows in them, and now that I am in the building can I figure out which window or windows belong to the room?

I will go up one level in the apartment building and try to figure out how much of the building is occupied right now. I'll leave the watcher to keep an eye on our "friends" to make sure I know where they are and what they are doing.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #82 on: <09-20-10/2014:23> »
"Oh, shit, sorry.  Earbuds.. you know... So, yeah, uh.. trip chips, if I had to guess." the Gnome says to Woofer, not breaking stride in his matrix activities.  "BTLs.  Only way to know what's on 'em is to slot em, and once you slot 'em, they're burned.  Muggins here don't mess with beetles, only betels, so I don't have a hotmod to run them on.  Kid probably took his personal kit with him, seeing as how these crap comms are SotS, er, that is, straight off the shelf.  Probably for the best we don't try them on."
He paused for a moment, lost in memory.  "Anyway, if I wanted to analyze the actual code, (which, I'll admit, I do,) I would need a sim module tuned to hot, a Sniffer program to intercept the traffic, and I'd need to find the self-destruct command in the streaming code in order to edit it out in real time.  So, if you're willing to break me off a piece of our operating budget, I've got a pal who should be able to sell me a Sniffer program on the spot ...if he's awake.  The hotmod should also be easy enough.  We either roll a wirehead and steal his, or I buy a regular one and kit it out real quick  ...and by real quick, I mean, like, in an hour or so ...if things go well." 
Another pause.  "But yeah... I would have to grab and edit the stream for each chip as the data was streaming through someone else's comm.  Then I'd have to scour the chips for subliminals or anything like that.  After that though, I could dupe up thousands of the things and we're in business.  We just have to watch out for the local magistrate so that he doesn't send his knights to bust up our loot farm.  Oh man, that- Enlil's boots?  I can't believe he got that drop!  He's only level... Um... Sorry.  ...I was just checking the forums.. for a second... I, uh, say we should work the leads we have.  Maybe I'll try the chips tonight while you guys are snoozing.  I don't know..."
« Last Edit: <09-21-10/2231:29> by Kontact »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #83 on: <09-20-10/2210:53> »
"I'm still feeling ... hazy. And I still can't turn off the Astral, but I'm feeling a little better."

Mercedes then snorts as she's looking at B.B. "Sorry, his aura is jumping all over the place..."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #84 on: <09-21-10/0328:16> »
Current time 3:00 PM
@Woofer, Mercedes, and BB:  With the traffic as it is in Bellevue at this time, your gridguide system is estimating a 30 min. ETA from your present location to Sam's apartment.  

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #85 on: <09-21-10/0819:41> »
Woofer: "Half an hour to get to the address, Mercedes." *starts clambering into the car*

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #86 on: <09-21-10/0918:22> »
Mercedes drinks down the rest of her slurpie, then gets into the car. "Ready when you are."

[OOC: inca, I'll keep playing Mercedes as being stoned until you let me know when. I'll spend an Edge to skip the crash, if possible.]

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #87 on: <09-21-10/1238:10> »
@Cynthia:
From the downstairs mailboxes you remember that every apartment looked like it had a resident in it but you don't know who's home and who's not home so you have your watcher quickly pop up through the ceiling of apartment 7 and you see that nobody is home in the apartment upstairs for the time being but you don't know how long that will last.  You can also now have a feel for which window goes to which apartments from the outside by just gauging the layout of the hallway. 

@Mercedes:
 you already feel the astral realm start to fade from your view and you can slip in and out of it at will as you could before but you feel kind of crabby and your head starts to feel pretty cloudy.
[OOC: you're crashed for 1 hour i.e. -1 to all roll's for 1 hour....save your edge]

@Group
You pull away from the curb and start making your way south-east.
[OOC: you can still post on stuff that you want to do while you're in the car...calls you want make, shit you wanna hack, detours you wanna make etc....and then i'll let you know when you guys have gotten to the apartment building.]
« Last Edit: <03-07-11/1106:09> by inca1980 »

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #88 on: <09-21-10/1308:32> »
Woofer drives as fast as the traffic will allow.  Though while he does, he sets up he Browse Agent to look for that symbol.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #89 on: <09-21-10/1406:25> »
You notice that Mercedes is acting more irritated as you drive to the address. She's fiddling with her commlink, readjusting in the car seat every 30 seconds and rolling her eyes at the actions of the other drivers. What really pushes her buttons though is when B.B. starts checking his games, the nonsensical noises coming from him and his commlink seem to really get under her skin as she keeps turning around to the gnome and looking at him through narrowed eyes.

Finally, about 15 minutes into the drive, her annoyance can take no more, she turns around and glares at B.B. "Please stop that annoying noise."

Commanding Voice [SM, p.176] to B.B. (14d6.hits(5)=6)
[OOC: Just the crash talking, Kontact. Don't take it personal. ;) Resist with Charisma + Leadership. If successful, B.B. will stop the noise, or acts confused. And don't worry, it's only really for one combat round (3 seconds).]

Register