NEWS

[OOC] A Kriminal Affair

• 109 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #30 on: <11-14-14/1537:39> »
@8-bit

This is generally accessible knowledge, thus no matrix search required. If you want to roleplay your incapability with machines, you can cut some knowledge. I trust you can manage this yourself.

Yeah, I'm basically going to roleplay that I only know the location and (not from the Matrix search but from Molly) that it's some sort of Bar or restaurant.

As for Mr. Johnson. I guess you don't need me to give you details, do you? The most basic infos are available at any shadowrun wikis online. You can access those. Again, I trust you will be able to decide what kind of info is available to Arachnos.

All right. I'll go with Arachnos has no knowledge, due to technology constantly not working for him. Molly didn't drop any hints, so he'll figure it out as he goes along.

I'm fine with your spirit and in cases like this also with you rolling the opposed test. And obviously, you aren't cheating *laughing my ass off*

You should have rolled two dice less, though, because you failed the first attempt. But since you have 4 scores anyway, I'm fine.

Ah, you're right, my bad. I was trying to compile a big list of stuff so that it wouldn't have to back and forth so much.

If I had summoded the spirit, I would have chosen spirit of men, because they're connected to Health, which I think is the most suitable here. But Fire is also perfectly fine.
If it's more than a "Hullo, I'm granting one service, you beginner" I'm going to roleplay the spirits (or Raven Runner, depending on the phase of the run), kay?

Noted; just wasn't sure. I figured a Combat would be good at guarding something.

Sorry for throwing that spirit dialogue in, I was trying to get all my actions in while not slowing things down too much. Knowing that now, I'll try to break up the longer posts to allow more roleplay. Again, sorry!

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #31 on: <11-14-14/1827:31> »
I need to roll starting nuyen too.  Here goes:

Result

5 - 6 - 3 (Avg: 4,66666666667) = 14x60 = 840 nuyen

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <11-15-14/0058:26> »
8-bit

Great, sounds fine to me!

To be honest, I'm not sure either. It's just my opinion, because I wouldn't know what "Health" is supposed to be elsewise. As has been pointed out - an Earth elemental is not a street doc. So I thought "protecting your health" is closest to. But yes, it's also kind of combat. Or also Perception, because he's basically watching and informing you. Either way, don't worry about that.

I'm fine with this spirit dialogue. If they're as simple as that, just go ahead. I just wanted to be clear about that spirits, soon as we're on the run, are NPCs. In this case, it would have been a waste of time, basically.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #33 on: <11-15-14/1521:49> »
Beetle is going to do a Matrix search for any Terra First! European personnel that are currently in Seattle.

Intuition+Computer+Hot Sim = 12 dice

2 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 1 - 4 - 6 - 6 - 4 (Avg: 4,08333333333) = 4 Successes

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <11-15-14/2037:47> »
Beetle is going to do a Matrix search for any Terra First! European personnel that are currently in Seattle.

2 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 1 - 4 - 6 - 6 - 4 (Avg: 4,08333333333) = 4 Successes

Got it :) You know, that's the real reason why we send you do a Matrix-free area. :D
Just a jest. I'll send it to you some time in the afternoon, that is, in your night if I find some time.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <11-15-14/2151:36> »

Got it :) You know, that's the real reason why we send you do a Matrix-free area. :D
Just a jest. I'll send it to you some time in the afternoon, that is, in your night if I find some time.

That's why I have to get it in now.

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <11-16-14/1943:17> »
I've got the info you gave me, Volker.  How long did it take to get it?

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <11-16-14/2104:22> »
roughly 30-40 mins

@Landmine: I guess you mean "Mercy", not "Khali"?
« Last Edit: <11-16-14/2106:01> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <11-16-14/2331:34> »
Derp. That's what I get for posting while working on a different character background. I did the same thing with my Pathfinder characters last week.
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <11-16-14/2337:12> »
Derp. That's what I get for posting while working on a different character background. I did the same thing with my Pathfinder characters last week.

:D
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

8-bit

« Reply #40 on: <11-17-14/1314:39> »
I'm going to attempt to Assense for any wards or other magical stuff that is present on the outside of the building (other than the Djinn, of course).

Not sure if the Aura Reading Specialty applies here, so just rolling straight up Assensing.

Assensing the Seventh Heaven Building: 9d6t5 3 [1, 5, 1, 2, 4, 6, 2, 4, 5]

Baseline for results are on page 313 of the Core Rule Book.

I can't seem to find a test to determine if there is any background count here (I assume with the tsunami of emotions, there probably is), and I probably wouldn't know an exact number ICly anyway.

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #41 on: <11-17-14/1757:30> »
I have the names you sent me Volker, and their affiliations, but what if I want a physical description or better yet a picture of each of them?  New Matrix search? 

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <11-17-14/2110:23> »
@8-bit

Nope, Aura Reading would not apply, but you find the ward anyway. Since you don't need a special perception test to find the ward, I assume you're assensing it.

The info you get is basically: It's force is lower than your magic attribute.
There's not much else you can find out in assensing a ward.

@Ragallach

Sure, you find pictures as well. Do you want me to describe them, draw you a picture or is it just fine, if you char recognizes them in case they should meet?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <11-17-14/2113:51> »

@Ragallach

Sure, you find pictures as well. Do you want me to describe them, draw you a picture or is it just fine, if you char recognizes them in case they should meet?

The last option works for me :) 

Beetle is done with his recon on the Johnson and isn't really too interested in recon-ing the meet site, so he is ready to move on to the next scene.
« Last Edit: <11-17-14/2121:32> by RagallachMC »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <11-17-14/2244:21> »
Great.

So, Landmine and Ragallach are ready to meet Johnson.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"