NEWS

[OOC] A Kriminal Affair

• 109 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <11-12-14/2348:43> »
I apologized for not checking the drugs section because I had to leave in less than 2 mins and wanted to give you a fast answer, and asked you, whether you meant music or drugs.
I'm not going further into any of this, because "grow up" is not an argument. Ignoring my questions and statements and repeating "grow up" is not an argument either. And, at any rate, you won't change your mind about leaving the group and I won't change my mind at having been respectful until that specific point (everybody is free to check the tone). We both are not going to change our minds about the content of our discussion. I see no point in further prolonging this discussion, and certainly not at the niveau it has dropped to. If you want to rule out things with me, I'm fine. But let's do this using PMs and not bothering our fellow players.

As for the mentioned other players, anybody can make his own picture of what has happened since the PMs now are public (if they want. If they don't, there's no point stretching the issue anyway). That said, I think the threat should remain what it is: the OOC thread of A Kriminal affair.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

8-bit

« Reply #16 on: <11-13-14/0013:28> »
Personally, although I am going to miss having Pointdexter, Xem sounded fun, I believe it's a personal disagreement between you two. If that's how things worked out between you two, that's how it worked out.

@Pointdexter

I will miss seeing your character in action, but c'est la vie, shit happens. I hope you enjoy the games you are currently in, and I look forward to playing with you in the future.

@Thread in General

I'm fine with Snow Dragon joining in, if he's still interested and that's fine with both of you as GMs.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <11-13-14/0145:55> »
@8-bit: There's nothing I can react to right now. I hope that's deliberate.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <11-13-14/0159:31> »
My current color set is what Volker proposed in the initial setup thread; so just ignore my signature for this game (it's not going to change, since I have many other posts that I would then have to edit to match). Honestly, the colors don't matter to me, as long as we all can understand each other and how things are divided.

I'm enjoying this beginning RP, but I'm not sure if I'm zooming ahead at all. I am fairly active, so just post in OOC if you want me to slow down for a day or two, in case others are busy.

I'm using the same scheme and I linked it in my sig. No problems with it.

When we aren't all together, I don't see any need to slow down. I think everyone is eager to keep things rolling.

I also have no problem with another player so long as the GMs are good with it.
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <11-13-14/0712:30> »
I'd say, right now everybody posts just as they like. As soon as we're in the same location, we have to wait for each other.
I'm fine with another player, and also with doing the run with 4 runners. Let's see if somebody wants to join.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <11-13-14/0813:33> »
Its all good.

Its a disagreement between 2 people that GM, not the first time i have seen it happen. I could see it either way, so as 8-bit put it, c'est la vie (hope this doesn't encourage us going to france) . It is probably best this way so there isn't tension or hurt feelings festering.

8-bit

« Reply #21 on: <11-13-14/1115:48> »
@8-bit: There's nothing I can react to right now. I hope that's deliberate.

Yes, quite deliberate. I figured that would be a good spot (especially when posting late at night) to stop some of the action while I compile my thoughts about where I want to go.

I probably want to go to the Seventh Heaven place (maybe a quick search on the Matrix so I know what it is?) to scope out the area and maybe see if I can get any information about our Mr. Johnson. Not that I haven't already accepted the job, but it would be interesting if I could find out who he worked for.

I don't have any means of transportation, besides my own two legs, so is it close enough to walking distance?

Actually, thinking about it, once I know it's location, I'll project myself to there to scout it out astrally before going there in the flesh. Sound reasonable?
« Last Edit: <11-13-14/1118:24> by 8-bit »

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <11-13-14/1501:46> »
Rolling a Matrix search for Terra First! European Operations

Intuition + Computer = 10 dice

Result

3 - 2 - 3 - 1 - 6 - 3 - 5 - 6 - 5 - 4 = 4 successes

8-bit

« Reply #23 on: <11-13-14/1515:54> »
I am assuming I know where this Seventh Heaven place is when I go astrally projecting. Is that safe to assume?

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <11-14-14/0623:55> »
Quote from: Shrazkil
Its all good.

Its a disagreement between 2 people that GM, not the first time i have seen it happen. I could see it either way, so as 8-bit put it, c'est la vie (hope this doesn't encourage us going to france) . It is probably best this way so there isn't tension or hurt feelings festering.

It was a disagreement between a player and a GM, but apart from that, I totally agree ;)

@8-bit: Okay, great. There's still a traffic jam, though. ^^

In general: 7th Heaven is quite easy to find on the Matrix. Basically type in the 2075 equivalent of seventhheaven.com and you find everything, including its location and what underwear the waitresses are wearing. Well, if you care to look under the animated skirts close enough, that is.
Seventh heaven, for anybody who checks out the Matrix presence, is a disco/night club/bar with 6 different rooms on 3 floors serving different purposes. On the 2 floor you find the more bar-like stuff, where you can enjoy a cup of coffee or Indian tea, smoke a water pipe and have private conversation, including a big and nasty ork who knows how to dress properly.

@8-bit: If you plan to do more research, please specify the means and your scope, and roll a Matrix search test.
Same goes for Mr. Johnson. Where do you start, on what assumptions do you set your scope, and what did you roll on the search roll? If you already know what organization Mr. Johnson is, your char can easily access what information is public without any test.

No, 7th heaven is not in walking distance, but you can go by public transfer any time.
If you want to project yourself, let's roleplay that in the IC section, please.

@Ragallach: Great. I will PM you the results.

@Landmine: Please be so kind as to roll a Matrix search test. Do you want to do research on all of Europe's politics? I can give you an overview, if you like.
« Last Edit: <11-14-14/0646:44> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <11-14-14/1008:32> »
I figured she would just do the equivalent of a google search of recent events in Europe. She's not necessarily trying to find information about her prospective employer.

So for a Matrix search, she's defaulting with her 2 Logic: 1d6 → [2] = (2)

Also, I forgot to throw up rolls for starting nuyen: 3d6 → [2,6,6] = (14) [14x60] + 2130 = 2970 nuyen.
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

8-bit

« Reply #26 on: <11-14-14/1323:23> »
@8-bit: Okay, great. There's still a traffic jam, though. ^^

Yep, I figured as much.

In general: 7th Heaven is quite easy to find on the Matrix. Basically type in the 2075 equivalent of seventhheaven.com and you find everything, including its location and what underwear the waitresses are wearing. Well, if you care to look under the animated skirts close enough, that is.
Seventh heaven, for anybody who checks out the Matrix presence, is a disco/night club/bar with 6 different rooms on 3 floors serving different purposes. On the 2 floor you find the more bar-like stuff, where you can enjoy a cup of coffee or Indian tea, smoke a water pipe and have private conversation, including a big and nasty ork who knows how to dress properly.

So, do I know this, or do I have to make a preliminary Matrix search on my commlink? Either way is fine, just don't want to assume anything IC.

@8-bit: If you plan to do more research, please specify the means and your scope, and roll a Matrix search test.
Same goes for Mr. Johnson. Where do you start, on what assumptions do you set your scope, and what did you roll on the search roll? If you already know what organization Mr. Johnson is, your char can easily access what information is public without any test.

No, 7th heaven is not in walking distance, but you can go by public transfer any time.
If you want to project yourself, let's roleplay that in the IC section, please.

Arachnos is awful with technology, so I think we'll stick with the most basic Matrix knowledge. I will get up roleplaying with projecting soon.

----------------------

Since I will be projecting, I am going to summon a Force 3 Spirit. I am not sure what type it should be, but I am basically asking it to look over my body and notify me if anyone attempts to move it while I'm projecting (Spirit-Summoner Link on page 302 of the Core Rule Book).

In any case, I doubt it's a difficult task, so I will roll everything for now. If, in the future, you want to make some of the opposed rolls, that is fine by me. I'll go with a Combat spirit to watch over me.

Starting Money (10 + [4d6 x 100]): 10+(4d6*100) 1510 [6, 3, 4, 2]

-------------------------

Summon a Force 3 Fire Spirit (Summoning 6 + Magic 6 + Mentor Spirit 1): 13d6t5 1 [1, 3, 1, 4, 2, 1, 3, 3, 1, 3, 1, 3, 6] - Well that was great ...

Spirit Resist: 3d6t5 2 [6, 3, 5] - Well that is incredibly embarrasing, I just got beaten by a measly Force 3 Spirit

Resisting 4S Drain (5 Willpower + 6 Charisma): 11d6t5 4 [2, 6, 3, 4, 1, 5, 1, 6, 2, 6, 1] - No drain at least

Let's try that again.

Summon a Force 3 Fire Spirit (Summoning 6 + Magic 6 + Mentor Spirit 1): 13d6t5 4 [3, 5, 6, 4, 2, 6, 4, 4, 6, 2, 2, 1, 2] - That's a little better, limited to 3 hits due to Spirit Force

Spirit Resist: 3d6t5 2 [6, 3, 5] - Good thing I only needed one Service ... I can't believe I'm getting beaten by a measly Force 3 Spirit

Resisting 4S Drain (5 Willpower + 6 Charisma): 11d6t5 5 [6, 5, 2, 3, 1, 4, 5, 5, 4, 6, 4] - There are all my hits, fortunately no drain again

End Result - 1 Service from a Force 3 Fire Spirit. I'll command him to watch over my body and notify me if it gets disturbed.

If you want, I could make it a Water Spirit (that would be the Detection spirit), but the result is going to be the same; all the dice pools are the same. Is that all right? I wasn't sure which one to roll for, so I just decided on a Fire Spirit.

St Evil

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <11-14-14/1349:05> »
Hello all, Raven Runner got ahold of me and I will, be posting relevant info soon.

Raven Runner

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <11-14-14/1527:56> »
Hey folks, just wanted to give you an update on player recruitment.

As you can see, St Evil will be joining our game!  So (thought the name makes it sound rather demonic...) welcome St Evil and glad to have you on board!

For any one who's curious I basically went through the old threads and made a waiting list based on when folks asked to join.

Currently, SnowDragon is up next, followed by SgtBoomCloud.

If any one has questions or concerns about this let me know and I'll do my best to clear things up.

Cheers!  Raven

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <11-14-14/1530:21> »
@Landmine

I prepared a 650 words document about European politics in 2075 and sent it to you ;-) Have fun!

@8-bit

This is generally accessible knowledge, thus no matrix search required. If you want to roleplay your incapability with machines, you can cut some knowledge. I trust you can manage this yourself.

As for Mr. Johnson. I guess you don't need me to give you details, do you? The most basic infos are available at any shadowrun wikis online. You can access those. Again, I trust you will be able to decide what kind of info is available to Arachnos.

I'm fine with your spirit and in cases like this also with you rolling the opposed test. And obviously, you aren't cheating *laughing my ass off*

You should have rolled two dice less, though, because you failed the first attempt. But since you have 4 scores anyway, I'm fine.

If I had summoded the spirit, I would have chosen spirit of men, because they're connected to Health, which I think is the most suitable here. But Fire is also perfectly fine.
If it's more than a "Hullo, I'm granting one service, you beginner" I'm going to roleplay the spirits (or Raven Runner, depending on the phase of the run), kay?

@St Evil & Raven Runner

Check :)
« Last Edit: <11-15-14/1118:13> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"