NEWS

PbP: Mission 02 - 01, Parliament of Thieves, 5th edition revamp.

• 122 Replies

souffle_girl

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <11-05-14/0257:49> »
Assuming we don't start hemorrhaging players like some PbP threads do, I think just whatever group we come up with now should be fine. As for rule decisions, I can think it could go a few ways. Either we all decide on some group houserules, we all use souffle_girl's rules, or each GM has their own houserules we follow (and then we can adopt other people's houserules if we want!).

I'd say we decide together. It's just fair, especially when it comes to converting 4th ed. stuff.
Since we're on this topic, my character's Corporate SIN is actually a placeholder for the 4th edition Records on File quality. She doesn't actually have a SIN, she ditched it as any sane person would have done, but NeoNET is bound to have records on her.

And yes, Spider mentor is not a problem for me.
« Last Edit: <11-05-14/0300:24> by souffle_girl »
I am the smart one, you are the potato one

souffle_girl

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <11-05-14/0324:04> »
It also looks like we have all the players we need. More people and I'd be really pressured to find a place for you all!

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <11-05-14/0925:04> »
Sounds good, I will get a character posted tonight after work.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <11-05-14/1010:55> »
Whew, am I too late? This is exactly what I was hoping to find. Exactly exactly, far as I can tell. I also think I would fit in nicely.

Only thing is: I saw that you postet 3 pages in, what, one day? I don't think I can keep up with that. One or two a day will work nicely, but I can't promise more. Also, our timezones are a little of a muddle (I'm residing at Kathmandu atm).

So, if you'd like me to join, I am quite flexible about what to play. I love to try different chars and usually play the what-else-you-need, most times while GMing also.
As Aragorn put it: "What say you?"

P.S.: Have you thought about splitting it up? There are quite a lot of people interested, so it might be a good idea to create two groups instead of a single huge one. Just thinking.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

souffle_girl

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <11-05-14/1120:19> »
P.S.: Have you thought about splitting it up? There are quite a lot of people interested, so it might be a good idea to create two groups instead of a single huge one. Just thinking.

That would be a good idea, considering the amount of interest. I mean, the thread filled up in two days. I can GM in one game and play in the other, and the two could be set in the same continuity so that there's room for crossovers.
We need another GM though.

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <11-05-14/1136:07> »

That would be a good idea, considering the amount of interest. I mean, the thread filled up in two days. I can GM in one game and play in the other, and the two could be set in the same continuity so that there's room for crossovers.

If that's the case, we should definitely start thinking about criteria for dividing up the players. If one more person signs up, that's 10 people. Five and five seems like a good number of folks. What should the criteria be? I think group balance and available posting frequency seem like good places to start. Time zones/schedules, maybe?
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

souffle_girl

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <11-05-14/1141:26> »

If that's the case, we should definitely start thinking about criteria for dividing up the players. If one more person signs up, that's 10 people. Five and five seems like a good number of folks. What should the criteria be? I think group balance and available posting frequency seem like good places to start. Time zones/schedules, maybe?

Looks good to me. I'm Central Europe Time and I can post a couple of times per week in each of the two games.

Raven Runner

• Chummer
« Reply #37 on: <11-05-14/1148:40> »
I'm on EST, but I can roll with pretty much any time zone, as it is PbP.

I'm down to GM if need be, though wary of my availability and how much time it might take me...could be easy and could be too much...will just have to see how it goes.

I might be stoked to play...but at this point GMing might be enough...if I'm in a group that rotates I could play when I'm not GMing and I can of course play if I'm not needed as a GM :)

Also, do we want to break up in such a way that folks with more and less experience with SR 5e rules are together?  That way more experienced folks can help folks like me with rules stuff?

Two parallel games could be awesome, I'd be down to collaborate with the other GMs on this, mwahahaha....

Will wait to see how all this sorts it's self out before I dive into char gen ;)

- Raven

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <11-05-14/1157:23> »
So why don't we all post:

1. Time zone
2. Schedule
3. Availability to post (# of times per week/day)
4. Ability to GM for first game
5. Familiarity with 5e
6. Preferred character concept (if any)

For me:
1. CST
2. I work nights, so I'm usually around early mornings or late nights.
3. Multiple times per day
4. I don't feel confident enough with matrix stuff and spirits to GM initially, but I feel able to do it after seeing those things in action.
5. Read 5e extensively, never played it.
6. Street Samurai
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

8-bit

« Reply #39 on: <11-05-14/1232:00> »
1. EST (but not really limited by it too much, as it is a PbP)
2. Er... Way too much time on my hands
3. Multiple times per day, for sure
4. I have a good knowledge of the rules, but I've GMed once ever. I usually end up as a player, but I can GM after I see the flow of the group; I could also try my hand, but no promises on how good I'll be
5. Currently in 4 PbP games, not including this one, and have played 5e with my real life group on and off (they never can stick with it sadly)
6. I can make anything, to be honest. Anything is an interesting roleplaying experience, so I can fill out of a group, if need be.

I would also be glad to be in both groups, but if we want to keep players even I can limit myself to one. I definitely like the idea of parallel games, we can even coordinate plot threads (or other Evil GM stuff™).
« Last Edit: <11-05-14/1234:50> by 8-bit »

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <11-05-14/1333:38> »

1. Time zone
2. Schedule
5. Familiarity with 5e

For me:
1. CST
4. I don't feel confident enough with matrix stuff and spirits to GM initially, but I feel able to do it after seeing those things in action.
6. Street Samurai

1: eastern
2: have time at work even so throughout day
3: multiple per day
4: too unfamiliar with small details of sr, but have GM'd for dnd.
5:inexperienced with SR other than video games, but have picked up a great deal of knowledge from the boards. I'm about 8 outta 10.
6: gonna build a mystic adept combat / negotiator. ( could pass for a face if needbe, but moreso extreme negotiating and combat/defense ability)

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #41 on: <11-05-14/1449:09> »
1. Time zone
2. Schedule
5. Familiarity with 5e

1- CST
2- kinda all over the place
3- at least once a day, but probably less on the weekends
4- sure, but not the first one
5- 7/10
6- Troll Doctor, Troll wheelman, or Elf aspected caster.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <11-05-14/1456:13> »

1. Time zone
2. Schedule
5. Familiarity with 5e

For me:
1. CST
6. Street Samurai

1. EST (GMT-5), but I keep weird hours.
2.  I work 60+ hours a week, but I can usually post while at work.  Weekends are a little tougher, but still doable.
3.  At least once a day, usually more. 
4.  I don't feel comfortable enough with all the new rules to GM yet. 
5.  Pretty familiar.  I have all the 5e books and I've read them all.  I know the fluff better than the crunch.
6.  I'm flexible.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #43 on: <11-05-14/1510:32> »
I don't feel comfortable enough with all the new rules to GM yet. 

Knowing the setting is more important. Rolls and whatnot can be retconned.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #44 on: <11-05-14/1528:33> »
I don't feel comfortable enough with all the new rules to GM yet. 

Knowing the setting is more important. Rolls and whatnot can be retconned.

I agree.  Getting the tone right for the setting and knowing the fluff is what makes a good SR GM, IMO