NEWS

SR5 skype game, looking for players Friday, 7:30PM Central

• 26 Replies

Shade

• Chummer
« on: <10-02-14/1723:07> »
I'm looking to run an SR5 game via internet on Friday nights or Sunday(any time after noon).

Looking for 3-5 players. Will begin play using the Street Scum rules found on Pg. 350 of SR5.

If you are interested, please post with your preferred times. Earliest I could start on Fridays would be 7:30PM Central.
« Last Edit: <10-02-14/2333:39> by Shade »

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #1 on: <10-02-14/2029:20> »
I could be interested; Fridays at 7:30PM Central would work great!  I have a table-top game on Sundays, so that wouldn't work well for me. 

Also; do you mean street level, or street scum (alternate Priority choices, specifically B, C,D, E, E or C, C, D, D, E)?  I ask, because street level tends to punish nuyen-reliant character types a bit more than karma-based ones. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Shade

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <10-02-14/2056:56> »
I meant street level. I'm aware of the complaint about the cash/karma breakdown. Is it severe enough to strongly discourage anyone from playing? I consider the 'street level' optional, as I prefer games that lead into the characters BECOMING shadowrunners rather than starting off as marginally successful ones. If people are down for that Friday 7:30 time slot but not down for street level, I can drop that.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #3 on: <10-02-14/2102:52> »
I'm up for either, personally, but I tend to play magic-types, so it doesn't affect me much.  I totally agree with games that lead into the job as well; I'd just suggest Street Scum optional rules (around-about page 356 in the Core, changes the options you have on the Priority Table) as a better alternative to Street Level (which just cuts into nuyen and starting Karma). 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Shade

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <10-02-14/2334:10> »
Page 350, for reference. Yes, I think those are considerably better. Edited original post.

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #5 on: <10-03-14/0912:47> »
I'm tentatively interested, with Fridays being my preferred time. Where would the game be set, BTW? Also, which of the two Street Scum options are you looking at?

FWIW, in my version of the PDF those rules are on page 354.
« Last Edit: <10-03-14/0922:38> by Belker »
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-03-14/1026:40> »
I'm tentatively interested, with Fridays being my preferred time. Where would the game be set, BTW? Also, which of the two Street Scum options are you looking at?

as written it is intended to be players choice. Do you go for the more pointed or the more round runner? Let me tell you, two Es really blows. Especially if you want to be awakened ~_~

As for the game, i would love to join you guys, but sadly my deadlands game is at roughly the same time on Fridays :(
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Shade

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <10-03-14/1229:41> »
Also; do you mean street level, or street scum (alternate Priority choices, specifically B, C,D, E, E or C, C, D, D, E)?  I ask, because street level tends to punish nuyen-reliant character types a bit more than karma-based ones. 

Player choice, they are meant to be equivalent. I played around and made a respectable CCDDE last night to see how the stats would work out. As for setting, I am considering CAS at the moment, but that's not set in stone.

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #8 on: <10-03-14/1255:05> »
Roger - I'll take a look. Priority this evening goes to my wife's birthday, however. :)
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #9 on: <10-03-14/1755:56> »
Out of curiosity, where is this game going to be located, and what kind of game do you intend to run?  Pink Mohawk, Black Trenchcoat?  Leverage-style con games, NCIS investigations as compared to NCIS: LA spec-ops shenanigans? 

Shade

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <10-03-14/2022:50> »
Out of curiosity, where is this game going to be located, and what kind of game do you intend to run?  Pink Mohawk, Black Trenchcoat?  Leverage-style con games, NCIS investigations as compared to NCIS: LA spec-ops shenanigans?

Again, CAS. Starting off on the gutterpunk/surviving the street kind of vibe. As for how people choose to pursue their objectives, I'm pretty agnostic. If the players have a working grande scheme of the Ocean's 11 type, that's fine. If the plan is to kick down the door and shoot anyone who resists...that's also fine, as long as they are willing to accept the consequences of either.

The opening setup will be Barrens/slums, dregs of humanity. Although I will by no means REQURE the characters be from that environment. They could be anything. My opening sequence should be able to accommodate anyone, from any walk of life.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #11 on: <10-03-14/2118:02> »
Again, CAS. Starting off on the gutterpunk/surviving the street kind of vibe. As for how people choose to pursue their objectives, I'm pretty agnostic. If the players have a working grande scheme of the Ocean's 11 type, that's fine. If the plan is to kick down the door and shoot anyone who resists...that's also fine, as long as they are willing to accept the consequences of either.

The opening setup will be Barrens/slums, dregs of humanity. Although I will by no means REQURE the characters be from that environment. They could be anything. My opening sequence should be able to accommodate anyone, from any walk of life.

I meant a little more specific than the CAS itself.  We talking New Orleans, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas?  The further south, the more Aztlan influence, for example, and I enjoy tailoring my character ideas to the city, generally.

I'm currently thinking I might make some magical muscle, Ork adept, perhaps?  Maybe aluminum-laced fists of fury instead.  Unarmed combat is always fun if done right...

moonlightshadow13

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <10-03-14/2208:58> »
I'm ok with this, will get you a character by sunday at latest

Shade

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <10-03-14/2336:35> »
I meant a little more specific than the CAS itself.  We talking New Orleans, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas?  The further south, the more Aztlan influence, for example, and I enjoy tailoring my character ideas to the city, generally.

Austin, TX. Home of Lone Star. Split between CAS and Aztlan. Needless to say, Aztlan has a strong influence.

Shade

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <10-03-14/2338:12> »
While I am at it, since I didn't mention it earlier:

Street Scum creation rules with the availability capped at 10. I haven't found 10 to be a particularly difficult cap to work with, but it will tone it down just a wee bit. If you have a particularly good reason to have a particular item above 10 I'm willing to negotiate.