NEWS

New Player in Kansas City

• 2 Replies

YingJanshi

• Newb
« on: <09-20-14/2025:09> »
Hello all, you can call my Ying, good to meet you.

I've been aware of SR for a long time, read a few novels, played the old SNES, Genesis and the newest one on Steam. So I'm not new to the universe, but I've never had the chance to play. (Most of my gaming time and money has been taken up with BattleTech.) However I've always wanted to play, but when it came to RPGs my friends would only ever give it try if I GMed. Alas I never had any experience with GMing, (except for a disastrous attempt at MERP) so the games always petered out.

Anyway, long story short, I'd love to get into a game of SR but I simply don't know any players or groups. I'd prefer tabletop (just find that more fun than over the web) and maybe 5th Edition(?) simply because it's the newest...but that doesn't really matter.

So if anyone in the Kansas City area is willing to let a new player join up, it'd be much appreciated. But I must confess that I'm a complete greenhorn. No, scratch that. A better description would be: "new-born pink"...

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-20-14/2306:29> »
I will be sending you a PM in a bit Ying - KC player here
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-23-14/0042:59> »
I've found meetup.com to be a great place to find local gaming groups. That's how i got my local 5.0 game off the ground!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"