NEWS

[5e IC] Tabula Rasa

• 240 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #90 on: <08-27-14/2137:46> »
"If we burn or bury it, it will not return to nature. As is, it will give many of nature's creations a fine and likely unexpected meal in these cold days."

"We don't have time to bury the beast. Or the men that she..." He points at the Masked Woman. "....just took care of. We need to get moving before another vehicle comes by. "

"Mmmmmm." The big fucker is obviously unhappy with it, but he knows they're right. He takes a slight pause before saying "Ok, lets do this then."

<< Does the name Ohanzee ring a bell to anyone?  Apparently it is mine.

"I can check my comm once we're on the road. I've already searched a bit and have found some things. Things that... bear further examination." He has a look on his face that speaks to doubt and worry.

<<<I'll personally do a full background check on everyone that wants one once we get back to civilization. But we need to get moving.>>>

"Good idea. I may take you up on that offer."

Or I may not. Ghost, do dare find out what manner of villain I was before today? I suppose I'll have to if I'm to settle things with Johnson. Then, the memory hits him like a ton of bricks. Johnson is slang! DREK! That aint his name at all! That's just what runners call the guy with the money and the needs! Yup, I'm a runner. A God damn shadowrunner. Well, lets hope im one of those idealistic, moral, and upstanding ones like from the trids. His mind wandered and began cooking up images of the carnage they were about to leave in their wake and he frowned. Probably not though.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #91 on: <08-27-14/2143:44> »
@The Elf

As you sit in the passenger seat of the rover, you begin taking a few minutes running searches on the other members of your group, based on the pictures you quickly snapped on your commlink.

The Masked Woman (Threshold 1, Duration 1 minute)
11d6t5: 2 [11d6t5=6, 2, 2, 4, 1, 2, 3, 1, 4, 6, 1]

Your quick search of the Masked Woman's mask turns up a lot of articles about Wicca, but nothing specific about her. Seems taking a picture of a mask doesn't help much in determining her identity.

The Crumpled Man (Threshold 1, Duration 1 minute)
11d6t5: 2 [11d6t5=1, 1, 1, 4, 4, 2, 5, 3, 5, 3, 4]

You search the Crumpled Man next, finding nothing helpful. You assume he's SINless, or very careful, as he has no publicly accessible info on him at all.

The Troll (Threshold 1, Duration 1 minute)
11d6t5: 3 [11d6t5=4, 5, 1, 4, 6, 5, 3, 4, 2, 4, 1]

When you search Uncle Sam, you turn up a sparsely updated Social Media profile for a Ralph Hendricks. He's got some supporting data, but not a lot. Less than he probably should have, in this day and age. Your criminal instincts suggest Ralph Hendricks is a fake identity.

The Orc (Threshold 1, Duration 1 minute)
11d6t5: 2 [11d6t5=2, 6, 4, 4, 6, 1, 1, 4, 4, 4, 4]

Your search on the Ork is about as successful as the Crumpled Man. No social media profile, no hits in the public citizen registry, no data trail at all that you can suss out in a casual search.

The Dwarf (Threshold 1, Duration 1 minute)
11d6t5: 4 [11d6t5=1, 6, 4, 5, 1, 6, 6, 3, 2, 3, 1]

You dig into the Dwarf a little more in depth, finding a profile for an amerindian named Ohanzee. He's set up to look like quite the people person, and has a data trail following his purchases throughout Colorado, although his earliest data is sparse, and you discover some things in his profile, like place of birth and schooling information, is outright false. His identity is a better fake than Sam's, but still a fake.

The Human (Threshold 1, Duration 1 minute)
11d6t5: 3 [11d6t5=6, 5, 2, 2, 1, 3, 1, 1, 5, 3, 3]

You turn up a full social media presence for a man named James Anderson, citizen of the UCAS. He's got profiles across multiple matrix sites, from personal to professional. He's apparently a security professional working for a pharmaceutical company in Denver, graduated near the top of his class from a well known college in Cleveland, and has two kids from a past marriage, all living in Seattle. He's got a data trail a mile long, his face in year books and employee registries, and all the data points look like they check out. Either this is his real SIN, or he's got one hell of a fake.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #92 on: <08-28-14/0238:31> »
No incoming devices at this time but that doesn't mean I may have missed someone running throwback .

He shares his map (overlaid with the signals he's found) to the group channel.

>>> Live feed Incoming
Sender: Crumpled

"Looks like Aspen is our best bet. I can find some more info back in civilization. Anyone know of a safehouse we can crash or do I need to set something up on the way?"
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #93 on: <08-28-14/0723:39> »
Ork leans against the Rover's front grill, back flush against the windshield. The lack of bumper left his hands free. It felt like a surprise somehow, and he stuck one beefy finger under his newly (re?)acquired trode-band instead - gaze shifting between it and the ecstatic little samurai duo emblazoned across his Renraku Sensei commlink. Like frag it's mine. Must be for the job. Just the job.

Running a few diagnostic exercises, he connects the two before setting them wireless and seeing what crops up.

---

As he listens to the conversation, Ork slowly comes around to his own suggestion.

<<I vote we dump them with the van. Make it look like an accident between some hunters and the beast, and leave it to be chalked up as not our mess.>>

martinchaen

« Reply #94 on: <08-28-14/0915:06> »
Seeing the message from the ork, I replied instantly.

>> "Yeah, that's what I said. Dump 'em. Oh, and Crumple; no idea, I've only got a name. I'm running a search on all of you and myself right now, though. No offense intended, but I'd like to know who you all are just as much as I want to know who I am..."

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #95 on: <08-28-14/1820:55> »
@The Ork
Ork leans against the Rover's front grill, back flush against the windshield. The lack of bumper left his hands free. It felt like a surprise somehow, and he stuck one beefy finger under his newly (re?)acquired trode-band instead - gaze shifting between it and the ecstatic little samurai duo emblazoned across his Renraku Sensei commlink. Like frag it's mine. Must be for the job. Just the job.

Running a few diagnostic exercises, he connects the two before setting them wireless and seeing what crops up.

As you plug your commlink into DNI and check the contents, you quickly notice that you have no SIN. You suspect this is a burner, as there are no contacts or accounts or anything on it. You see a lot of phone calls to and from the device, but the recipients are just commcodes without names attached.

Checking the files on the device, you do notice several AR and VR games. The one that was most recently opened looks like a parkour racing game of sorts. You vaguely remember how it works, creating an AR track for you to follow based on your immediate surroundings, and scoring points on how quickly and impressively you complete the course. There's also an unlabeled simchip already slotted in the sim module.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #96 on: <08-28-14/1952:23> »
The body language of the Masked Woman expresses a degree of surprise when the crate levitates itself over to the van. She turns and traces the spell back to the source. The Dwarf must be shaking off his shock. Perhaps he is still concussed though.

@Dwarf
"Can you move the bear as well? His loss is a shame but he may help us yet. I will take the take horns, which are useful in alchemy."

She gathers the shotguns and the hunting rifle that she had set aside earlier, out of the reach of the subdued hunters. She brings them to Sam.

@Troll
"Are these weapons known to you? Are they of any use to us?"

Leaving the weapons with Sam, she then moves over to the man who isn't Reggie. She kneels down next to him, her knee immediately feeling cold against the icy ground. She is about the search him when she remembers the cyberware scanner function of her mask. She activates it and scans the man, not so much for cyberware but for other items that might be picked up by the millimeter-wave scanner. Then she pats him down anyway, just in case she doesn't really know how to use the scanner properly.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <08-28-14/2010:59> »
She gathers the shotguns and the hunting rifle that she had set aside earlier, out of the reach of the subdued hunters. She brings them to Sam.

@Troll
"Are these weapons known to you? Are they of any use to us?"

"These weapons are theirs?" When she nods, he responds "Then we need to fire them off in all directions, one or two into non-vital areas of the bear, then leave them here before we go. If their deaths are meant to look like an encounter with a bear gone wrong, then we must make it look real. We'll need to burn the van we came in as well, to erase any trace we may have left inside it. It will look like this: The van full of hunters came around the corner and saw the bear. They swerved to avoid it and went off the road. They escaped the burning van and made their way to the road to exact vengeance on the bear, blaming it for the crash. It killed them, but not before suffering fatal injuries itself. This is the scene we must leave here, or the man who tried to kill us will know he failed."
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #98 on: <08-28-14/2021:12> »
@Sam

Sam recognizes the shotgun as a PJSS model 55, and the hunting rifle as a Springfield M1A, with a smartlink mounted on it. He feels familiar with both weapons, but has more familiarity with the rifle. Still, neither compares to the familiarity he feels for his own assault rifle.

Sam has Longarms (Sniper Rifles) 3 (+2), and Automatics 6.

@The Masked Woman

You switch on your millimeter-wave scanner with a mental command and scan through the downed man's body, quickly getting numerous hits that the scanner compares to its database, giving you an itemized list.

>> Electronics Detected
>>> Commlink, Model Erika Elite.
>>> Flashlight
>> Cyberware Detected
>>> Cybereyes, Rating 2
>>> Vision magnification
>>> Smartlink
>> Weapons Detected
>>> Beretta 201T Light Pistol, loaded with explosive rounds
>>> 2 clips Light Pistol ammo, loaded with regular ammo
>>> 3 clips shotgun ammo, loaded with Stick-N-Shock rounds

You easily find the items in question when you pat him down.
« Last Edit: <08-28-14/2022:59> by Ryo »

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #99 on: <08-29-14/0316:54> »
@ Masked Woman
"If we're to make this look like the hunters did this we cannot take the horns of the beast. A hornless horned bear does not make simply a bear. Though I am sure I can move the body if needed."

@ All

<< I recommend we decide fast on what to do.  My vote is to toss any bodies off the side now and just leave. Probably make sure then van finishes going off the cliff down there. With the van shot up the way it is, no one's going to believe the bear ambushed them and forced them off the road, before they came up and all decided to die.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <08-29-14/1242:02> »
@All
<<I agree with Ohanzee. A fight with a horned bear on the highway is implausible, as it is not territory a horned bear would claim, and the van already shows evidence of damage neither the bear nor the hunters could have caused.>> She pauses to consider for a moment. <<The hunters do too, for that matter.>>

She stands up from the downed man, holding his commlink, pistol, and ammunition. She is vaguely aware that the commlink is expensive - very expensive - and could potentially be put to use by one of the more technically savvy team members. Or maybe it's been bricked and is a pricey paperweight. She shivers a bit, the cold wind and snow seeping in through the insulation of her lined coat.

<<It's snowing hard. The bodies will be buried by morning and won't be discovered until the spring thaw. And I am under the impression that the presence of the Troll and the Ork with the crate here strongly suggests that the van has already gone over the edge and is both out of sight, and out of our reach. I do not know how we would burn it.>>

She looks to Sam for confirmation of the van's retirement. She then glances at the Human to check on his progress with Reggie.

<<Also, I didn't just leave the other two bodies on the side of the road. I threw them over the edge already. I believe we are committed to the path that Ohanzee recommends.>>
« Last Edit: <08-29-14/1301:52> by Tecumseh »

martinchaen

« Reply #101 on: <08-29-14/1450:11> »
This is taking way too long. We need to get moving yesterday, and these guys are standing around debating fraggin' philosophy?

>> Come ON, people. Let's get the frag outta here!

There's not much I can do at this point except hurry things along by nagging, so I keep my reply short and sweet. I could always just start moving the car... I'm sure that'd light a fire under their collective asses.

Once again, the thought appears out of nowhere and surprises me. Am I the joker and prankster on the team? Am I "that" girl? Maybe I can find out more by searching for stuff on my past. I wonder what I did to earn a cyberterrorism charge on my rap sheet...

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <08-29-14/1455:46> »
>> Come ON, people. Let's get the frag outta here!

"She's right. Dwarf, Get the animal out of the rover and let's move."
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #103 on: <08-29-14/1648:49> »
"She's right. Dwarf, Get the animal out of the rover and let's move."
It wasn't the first time he'd been called that since he woke up, but something snapped a little inside him when he was told to move the bear's carcass. He glares hard at the troll a moment trying hard to think of nasty things he could do him if so chose.  Maybe it's the cold air cooling him but, he cannot keep the anger going long enough to act on it.

"I have a name."

He called again upon the spirits to move the bear's carcass drawing the energy through himself to do so.
( 12d6.hits(5) → [2,6,1,3,5,5,2,6,2,3,2,3] = (4) Needed 3 before so moving on with IC post
Drain
11d6.hits(5) → [1,4,4,3,1,3,2,3,5,6,4] = (2) 2 more stun, another wound modifier... yay)

The carcass lifts easily out of the rover and floats across road it hangs a moment over the abyss of the side before dropping suddenly over the ledge. He turns back to the troll, the sign of strain on his face not hidden, and walks passed him and into the Rover, trying to claim the least bloody spot left.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #104 on: <08-29-14/1706:39> »
The Dwarf easily levitates the bear out of the rover, then levitates the crate into its place, angrily getting inside.

It's been a good 20 minutes since you all got out of the van. It is now approaching 1 AM. The wind is picking up, and the chill is starting to creep through your insulated clothes.

Cold Resistance Tests:
Uncle Sam: Body 10 + Insulation 2: 12d6t5 5
The Elf: Body 3 + Insulation 4: 7d6t5 0
Ace: Body 5 + Insulation 4: 9d6t5 3
The Dwarf: Body 3 + Insulation 6: 9d6t5 2
The Ork: Body 5 + Insulation 6: 11d6t5 6
The Masked Woman: Body 5 + Insulation 2: 7d6t5 4
The Crumpled Man: Body 3 + Insulation 2: 5d6t5 2

The Elf shivers, starting to feel a little numb from the cold. She takes 2 Stun Damage.