NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa

• 559 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <08-23-14/1423:48> »
The Masked Woman
22. Assensing the Dwarf: 5 hits.
23. Assensing the surroundings outside of the vehicle: 2 hits. Just basic recon.
24. Per the IC post, connecting comms with the group and looking for a personal profile on her own commlink. SINs, licenses, bank accounts, recent photo/video/audio recordings, recipes, cat trids, contacts. I'm thinking that I don't need a Computer test for this but please inform me if otherwise.
25. Trying to remember any other spells that might be relevant to moving people or crates, or detect people or danger, or anything that the current situation might trigger.
26. Actual snow-running: 3 hits.

Woo, clawing my way up to 20th percentile rolling.
« Last Edit: <08-23-14/1702:29> by Tecumseh »

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <08-23-14/1842:16> »
Some Clarifications:

I'm seeing some entries on your sheets that look like you don't quite know what you have for some things, so I'll list everything I've already covered here.

The Elf:

The Elf has English N. If she has any other languages, you spend your Knowledge Points for them.
Your holster is a Concealed Quick Draw holster.
The Skin-tight suit is Second Skin. Armor Rating 6/+2, Capacity 2. It will stack with any armor you wear over it, assuming it has an armor rating. Since you're wearing the Coldsuit over it right now, your Armor is still 6. I'm going to rule that the ruthenium polymer works fine without wireless, but with Wireless on, you can change the settings as a Free Action. The Second Skin also counts as Almost Full, so the full perception penalty if you use it to become invisible is -5.
You have Fresnel Fabric rating 3 integrated into the Second Skin, which takes up both slots of Capacity.

The Troll:

The HK XM30 has the following stats in its current mode
Accuracy 6(8)
DV 9P
AP –2
Mode SA/BF/FA
RC 3(4)
Ammo 30(c)
It has an integrated Smartlink, a removeable Imaging Scope (With vision magnification), and a shock pad. The Gas Vent is rating 3.

The underbarrel grenade launcher has Accuracy 4, is Single Shot, and an ammo of 6(c)

Your armor jacket has Insulation 2, Chemical Protection 2, Fire Resistance 2.

You can update to add the info you got from checking your SINs. You aren't an adept, you've got bone lacing, wired reflexes and muscle toner, and licenses for each.

The Dwarf:

You've got some skills on that list that aren't in 5th edition. I'm guessing you copy pasted from 4th. Shadowing isn't a thing anymore, neither is Dodge, nor Infiltration, etc.

You have English N, because you are Bilingual.

The Masked Woman:

Lined Coat has Armor 9. It has Insulation 2, Nonconductivity 2, a Concealed Quick Draw Shealth [4] for the claymore, and the throwing knife pockets take up [1] and count as Gear Access. In other words, you can Ready your throwing knives as a Free action instead of a Simple.

The Ballistic Mask counts as customized thanks to the wiccan pentagram, so its +2 to social limit for intimidation.

The claymore has Accuracy 5, Reach 2, DV (STR+5)P, AP -5. It is a Force 2 weapon focus. It  has a natural Concealability of +6. The Concealed sheath combined with the Lined Coat reduces it to +2 while sheathed.

The Ork:

You have English N

The Crumpled Man

Doesn't look like you filled most of this out yet. Lakota is your Native language? In that case, you'll need to spend some of your Knowledge Points to know English, since everyone else is speaking it. You aren't Bilingual.

The Human

The holster under your jacket is a Concealed Quick Draw holster.
« Last Edit: <08-23-14/1844:58> by Ryo »

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <08-23-14/1847:58> »
@ryo sorry I copied another character sheet over instead of typing one out. The Lakota was a mistake that I didn't transfer over. Actually I was working on digging through the posts and updating the sheet now. It should be updated sometime tonight.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <08-23-14/2124:41> »
For looking around the van a final time, a perception roll: INT(3) + Perception(4) [Mental(5)] (7d6.hits(5)=1)
For following the Masked Woman up the slope: probably a Strength + Running test?
For looking around for suitable hiding places: should it be another perception, or should i just roll Agility + Sneaking?
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <08-23-14/2130:33> »
For looking around the van a final time, a perception roll: INT(3) + Perception(4) [Mental(5)] (7d6.hits(5)=1)
For following the Masked Woman up the slope: probably a Strength + Running test?
For looking around for suitable hiding places: should it be another perception, or should i just roll Agility + Sneaking?

Your results are in the IC. I didn't roll the Running test since you didn't need it to keep up. But your Strength is 6 and the Athletics Skill Group at 2.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <08-23-14/2141:49> »
@ Ryo Looks like you may have missed my last IC post.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <08-23-14/2149:17> »
@ Ryo Looks like you may have missed my last IC post.

You're right I did. Just replied to you.

Also, in the process of checking your deck, you realized you have Computer 5, Hardware 4 and Software 2.
« Last Edit: <08-23-14/2152:11> by Ryo »

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <08-23-14/2300:48> »
No problem, I'll get this all added tomorrow. I got distracted tonight and didn't get the character sheet updated but I will soon.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

martinchaen

« Reply #68 on: <08-24-14/0058:09> »
If I need to roll a Perception test using the vehicle sensors:
Perception [?]: EWAR 6 + INT 5 + H-S 2:
13d6t5: 2 [13d6t5=4, 3, 5, 5, 4, 1, 4, 1, 3, 1, 2, 1, 1]

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #69 on: <08-24-14/0126:04> »
Ready to make a str related test to pull the crate out of the van. IF it feels like i might lose the crate when the van goes over, I'll spend edge on the roll to "push the limit"
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <08-24-14/0129:24> »
The Masked Woman decides ahead of time that taking cover for this ambush would also be a good idea.

Agility 6 + Sneaking 3: 9d6t5 6 (hit physical limit of 6)

She becomes like a ghost, hiding in the snow.

Thanks, Ryo. I was writing a post to this effect when martin posted ICly. So then I was incorporating his post into mine when yours came up. Now I'm writing more.

The Rover Model 2072 is being referred to as a "van". I've had it in my head that it's more like a Humvee, mostly due to the Similar Models table on p. 462. Just so we're clear, can I get a basic description of the vehicle? Number of doors, are they sliding doors or regular doors, is their a sunroof/hatch, is there a gate in the back or is it another door?

Can the Masked Woman think of any non-lethal techniques she may know? Spells, or throwing knifes handle-first? Or is she just the cutty/stabby type?

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <08-24-14/0133:33> »
The Crumpled Man would want to get in on the action. He may not be able to make it up in the meat but he can help out in the Matrix.  He'll pull up an AR window to watch the action happening in the Matrix and will help if necessary. Can I be added to the Init list?

Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

martinchaen

« Reply #72 on: <08-24-14/0137:16> »
The "van" description is probably just my bad; if you look at the Rover as depicted in the SR5 book I just think it looks like a van, forgetting that it's equivalent is indeed the Humvee. A description from the GM would be good, as I'm sure we all have different views.

Joining in the fight from the Matrix:
Matrix Initiative (VR)
11+4d6: 25 [4d6=4, 6, 2, 2]

Combat Turn 1, Action Phase 1, Initiative Score 25:
Free Action: Speak/Text/Transmit Phrase: "Heads up; four men with shotguns, one caged beast."
Complex Action: Matrix Perception [5]
15d6t5: 4 [15d6t5=6, 3, 3, 2, 3, 5, 1, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 5, 3, 6]
« Last Edit: <08-24-14/0150:46> by martinchaen »

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #73 on: <08-24-14/0159:06> »
Ready to make a str related test to pull the crate out of the van. IF it feels like i might lose the crate when the van goes over, I'll spend edge on the roll to "push the limit"

You have Body 10 and Strength 8, which you used when you opened the back of the van. Your edge is 4. Although I'm extremely curious how you're planning to move to the front of the van to pull the crate out when your weight in the back of the van is the only thing keeping it from going over the cliff. You do not have the Common Sense positive quality, but I felt like pointing that out anyway.

Thanks, Ryo. I was writing a post to this effect when martin posted ICly. So then I was incorporating his post into mine when yours came up. Now I'm writing more.

The Rover Model 2072 is being referred to as a "van". I've had it in my head that it's more like a Humvee, mostly due to the Similar Models table on p. 462. Just so we're clear, can I get a basic description of the vehicle? Number of doors, are they sliding doors or regular doors, is their a sunroof/hatch, is there a gate in the back or is it another door?

Can the Masked Woman think of any non-lethal techniques she may know? Spells, or throwing knifes handle-first? Or is she just the cutty/stabby type?

There's a picture of the Rover Model 2072 on page 464 of the core book, and that's what I've been using as my mental picture for it. One large cockpit style window on one side, a sliding door on the right hand side, and a hatch door that swings up on the back, will be what I'll say. And it looks luxurious, so sure, it's got a sunroof as well.

She remembers she knows the Mana Bind spell as a means of non-lethal takedown, but you have a strange feeling that you are oddly comfortable with lethal actions. I'm going to say that you can basically do the opposite of the Harder Knock called shot to instead turn P damage into S, by hitting them with the flat of the blade, or intentionally throwing your knives to hit handle first. You lose your AP if you do, since the sharp bits are the armor piercing part.

The Crumpled Man would want to get in on the action. He may not be able to make it up in the meat but he can help out in the Matrix.  He'll pull up an AR window to watch the action happening in the Matrix and will help if necessary. Can I be added to the Init list?

Crumpled Man considers his matrix prowess and remembers he's quite good at it. He has the Cracking skill group at 6. Since you're using AR, your Reaction is 3, Intuition 4, for 7 +1d6 Init.

Initiative 7 +1d6: 1d6+7 13

You've been added to the Init list.

@martinchaen: I think you got your matrix init wrong. Your Data Processing is 5, and your Intuition is 5, so its 10+4d6. The 1 point doesn't make a difference, but it's there for future reference.

Current Init list:

Elf: 24 (VR)
Masked Woman: 20
Human: 17
Crumpled Man: 13
Enemies: 7

Combat Turn 1, Action Phase 1, Initiative Score 25:
Free Action: Speak/Text/Transmit Phrase: "Heads up; four men with shotguns, one caged beast."
Complex Action: Matrix Perception [5]
15d6t5: 4 [15d6t5=6, 3, 3, 2, 3, 5, 1, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 5, 3, 6]

Okay, you get 4 things to look for with that Matrix Perception check. You specified devices you might have missed, so your first hit is used to spot everything in the area, since they're outside the auto-spot 100 meter range.

You spot 4 guns and 3 PANs. The pans are primarily made of a commlink, and an assortment of other gear that each of these guys has on their person. Judging from the icons, its typical woodland survival gear. You find flashlights, their image links, their sound links, some flares, binoculars, and other such gear.

What do you want to use the other 3 hits for?

That was a Complex Action, so the Elf's turn is done. What does The Masked Woman do?
« Last Edit: <08-24-14/0207:16> by Ryo »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <08-24-14/0206:41> »
Saving/postponing my interior monologue for later time so that it doesn't disrupt the flow of the action. Most if it can wait.

Well holy drek, there is a picture of a Rover in the book. I had it all wrong. Thanks for the description.

Per the IC description, it sounds like the Human and I are illuminated by (and possibly blinded by) the headlights, so I'm going to spend a Free Action texting/transmitting the request to turn them off. Then a Delaying Action to wait for that to happen so that we're not jumping up into a spotlight.