NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa

• 559 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #45 on: <08-22-14/2054:09> »
next set of actions

perception check outside, trying to gather some info from the comm, and a tiny little good natured intimidate check to light a fire under some asses.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

martinchaen

« Reply #46 on: <08-22-14/2130:51> »
I'll run a quick inventory of my matrix gear to check what programs I'm running, then grab my duffel and check what else is in there.

1. Survival: I will similarly try to see how much I know about survival in the Colorado mountains, as snow and low temps can't be good for long-term survival...

EDIT:
2. Firearms/Pistols: I also want to remove the Nitama Sporter from the bag and reload it if I have ammo for it, get a feel for how it sits in my hand.

Oh, and the Matrix Search for the map (just using default stats without the -3 for Noise since I don't know if I have any noise reduction stuff).
11d6t5: 3 [11d6t5=3, 4, 6, 3, 1, 5, 1, 4, 1, 2, 6]
So, probably just 2 hits.

Oh 2, and check if I have Hot-Sim capabilities, and to see if any of the Matrix Protocols for cracking seems familiar. Matrix Perception to spot other electronic devices nearby, and then a quick hack followed by a quick sleaze of whatever device has the lowest firewall:
11d6t5: 5 [11d6t5=6, 6, 3, 2, 3, 5, 1, 2, 5, 5, 3]

3. Brute Force (AR) Cybercombat ? + Logic 5
4. Hack On The Fly (AR) Hacking ? + Logic 5
5. Check Overwatch Score (AR) Electronic Warfare + Logic 5

Can't roll for these last three myself, obviously :)

Edit
Forgot wound modifiers, so added strike-throughs to the dice that I rolled too many.

Also adding the following:

6. Etiquette to try to force myself to be a little more companionable.
« Last Edit: <08-22-14/2203:00> by martinchaen »

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <08-22-14/2150:19> »
/end sleep

Dropping out of a 5 point harness into an unstable & upside down vehicle. Agility + Gymnastics (9d6.hits(5)=3)

Unless this thing starts sliding over whatever edge it's on, yeah, I'll go for the glove box.
« Last Edit: <08-22-14/2154:57> by Novocrane »

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <08-22-14/2224:59> »
I'll run a quick inventory of my matrix gear to check what programs I'm running, then grab my duffel and check what else is in there.

I will similarly try a survival check as the Colorado mountains can't be good for long-term survival.

EDIT:
I also want to remove the Nitama Sporter and reload it if I have ammo for it, get a feel for how it sits in my hand, if it feels natural or foreign.

Oh, and the Matrix Search for the map (just using default stats without the -3 for Noise since I don't know if I have any noise reduction stuff).
11d6t5: 3 [11d6t5=3, 4, 6, 3, 1, 5, 1, 4, 1, 2, 6]
So, probably just 2 hits.

Oh 2, and check if I have Hot-Sim capabilities, and to see if any of the Matrix Protocols for cracking seems familiar. Matrix Perception to spot other electronic devices nearby, and then a quick hack followed by a quick sleaze of whatever device has the lowest firewall:
11d6t5: 5 [11d6t5=6, 6, 3, 2, 3, 5, 1, 2, 5, 5, 3]

Can't roll for the last two myself, obviously :)

Edit
Forgot wound modifiers, so added strike-throughs to the dice that I rolled too many.

Also adding Etiquette to my list of rolls to try to force myself to be a little more companionable.

You do not have the survival skill, and you're currently freezing. The suit you're wearing isn't insulated.

You find a map, which places you in the mountains near Aspen, firmly inside the Pueblo Corporate Council. You determine your exact location to be about 150 meters off the road down a hill from the highway. Following the road, Aspen is about 27 kilometers away. This was not a good place to break down.

You do have Hot-Sim capability. You remember you have the Cracking group at 6.

You do a Matrix Perception to try and spot any devices, seeing a plethora around you in this van, but empty nothing beyond. Then, an icon appears, for a Rover Model 2072 on the highway, driving down the road towards aspen. It's currently 5 kilometers away and getting closer.

You have Etiquette 4.

The pistol feels familiar in your hands. You check the ammo and see its fully loaded with gel rounds.
« Last Edit: <08-22-14/2227:15> by Ryo »

martinchaen

« Reply #49 on: <08-22-14/2227:39> »
Nice! What about the gun and the stuff in the duffel bag?

Sweet :)

So, no other armor, huh. Man, I'm gonna die out here... Better get to that approaching rover.

I'll just be a little more patient in the future :D

EDIT:
Hey, how do you rule that the Ruthenium Polymer Coating on the Zoe Second Skin suit works? There's no Wireless Bonus mentioned on page 86, but the Second Skin entry says that it has a wireless bonus as per the Ruthenium Polymer Coating? So do I have to have the wireless on to use it?
« Last Edit: <08-22-14/2239:13> by martinchaen »

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <08-22-14/2236:15> »
Nice! What about the gun and the stuff in the duffel bag?

When you open the duffel bag you'll find the following:

A machine pistol
A light pistol
A taser
Your Nitama Sporter
[Accuracy 6(7) DV 6P AP - Mode SA RC 1 Ammo 5(m)] It's loaded with Gel Rounds and has a built in laser sight.
A Coldsuit that looks like it's your size.
[Armor Rating - Capacity 4. Custom Protection (Insulation 4), Flare Compensation. Wireless: +1 to Survival Tests in cold terrain.]
An Ares Armored Survivalist that looks too big for you.
A spare clip for the machine pistol
A Survival Kit.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <08-22-14/2240:46> »
She looks reluctant to talk but finally breaks her silence. She goes for a tone of reason, rather than for one of command.

I just put up an IC post with some observations and requests. Not sure if they fall under Etiquette or Negotiation or Leadership, or if it's just general RP territory. I would roll but haven't uncovered my Charisma yet or non-Leadership Social skills.

martinchaen

« Reply #52 on: <08-22-14/2241:56> »
Hmm. How does the Coldsuit and the Second Skin interact? Do I have to strip out of the Second Skin to put on the Coldsuit to get the benefits?

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <08-22-14/2333:33> »
Weird I know I typed up a post of actions, but I can't find it anymore... must have timed out when I submitted or something.

Anywho...

Dwarf wants to make a composure check to calm down, after he's gotten to the relative safety of the back of the 'bus'. 
Wanted to also see if there was any survival/cold weather gear around, but I see that's now been taken care of.
Will try to use his new found leadership skills to gather everyone up and out of the van after gathering all the equipment as safe as possible.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <08-22-14/2350:02> »
Hmm. How does the Coldsuit and the Second Skin interact? Do I have to strip out of the Second Skin to put on the Coldsuit to get the benefits?

Second skin lives up to its name and adheres to you like a second skin. You can wear anything over it. It also has a ruthenium polymer coating, which lets you change how it looks at will, from colors, to making it look like a swim suit, to making yourself look naked, or even turning invisible

Quote from: Tecumseh
I just put up an IC post with some observations and requests. Not sure if they fall under Etiquette or Negotiation or Leadership, or if it's just general RP territory. I would roll but haven't uncovered my Charisma yet or non-Leadership Social skills.

Your charisma is 3. You have 1 etiquette.

Weird I know I typed up a post of actions, but I can't find it anymore... must have timed out when I submitted or something.

Anywho...

Dwarf wants to make a composure check to calm down, after he's gotten to the relative safety of the back of the 'bus'. 
Wanted to also see if there was any survival/cold weather gear around, but I see that's now been taken care of.
Will try to use his new found leadership skills to gather everyone up and out of the van after gathering all the equipment as safe as possible.

You have charisma and willpower 6 for composure. I'll say your threshold is 2, since nothing is immediately trying to kill you. You're currently wearing insulated armor clothing. Armor Rating 6, Insulation 6.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <08-23-14/0038:40> »
19. I will drop the Magic Fingers spell since the Ork looks like he works out.

20. Charisma 3 + Etiquette 1 = 2 hits

21. I will try to get a sense of how many reagents I have in my pockets, perhaps leveraging my one good Perception roll from earlier. Depending on that, I might attempt some Enchanting later.

Upon further reflection, I will delay the Enchanting since it takes minutes and it sounds like we're in a race with the Rover. Based on my not-entirely-pathetic Etiquette roll, I will continue down the route of reason.
« Last Edit: <08-23-14/0108:45> by Tecumseh »

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <08-23-14/0447:55> »
While arming himself to the teeth, the Human also tries to dig into the recesses of his memory to determine how he would go on about surviving in these conditions.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #57 on: <08-23-14/0629:55> »
21. I will try to get a sense of how many reagents I have in my pockets, perhaps leveraging my one good Perception roll from earlier. Depending on that, I might attempt some Enchanting later.

Based on your great perception roll earlier, you determine you have about 100 reagents on you, in various pockets.

While arming himself to the teeth, the Human also tries to dig into the recesses of his memory to determine how he would go on about surviving in these conditions.

You have Willpower 3, Survival 2.

martinchaen

« Reply #58 on: <08-23-14/1258:43> »
Looking around for somewhere to sit down nearby that's at least partially sheltered from the wind and snow:
Perception [7]
8d6t5: 4 [8d6t5=6, 6, 3, 5, 2, 4, 5, 1]

Slipping into VR and hacking the van:
Hack on the Fly [5]
16d6t5: 7 [16d6t5=3, 6, 5, 5, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 6, 2, 2, 5, 4, 5, 6]
16d6t5: 7 [16d6t5=6, 3, 6, 2, 5, 6, 1, 5, 3, 4, 6, 3, 4, 1, 3, 5]
15d6t5: 5 [15d6t5=2, 4, 6, 1, 5, 6, 2, 1, 4, 1, 2, 2, 6, 5, 1]

Waiting for opposed rolls before I do much else, as my actions will obviously greatly depend on whether or not I succeed :)
« Last Edit: <08-23-14/1302:53> by martinchaen »

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <08-23-14/1412:02> »
I am going to assume enough time has gone by that The Crumpled Man has been able to patch himself up. so now his actions would be

1. Take a closer lok around the van and see if he recognizes anything. With all the guns around he is going to want his.
2. Pull up a quick diagnostic of all of his cyberware
3. See if he has any idea how to survive this horrible cold.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal