NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa

• 559 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-22-14/1319:19> »
Wow, I took so long posting I didn't notice everyone had given me a list of things to include. Welp, time to edit.

I'm mostly asking for your list of actions here for the sake of the first chunk where you are all completely unaware of anything you can do or anything going on. Once we get into the grove of things, you can post however you feel most comfortable doing it. I'm new to running a PbP as well, so its a learning experience what works best in practice.

What I expect you to post in IC is a reaction to the list of things that just happened. The first batch of actions is easier to do here, but from here forward it's probably easier to do things in character, posting OoC if you need a roll.
« Last Edit: <08-22-14/1323:02> by Ryo »

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <08-22-14/1327:44> »
First actions of the Crumpled man is just going to be lying there letting the medkit stabilize him. Does he have any idea how to treat the injuries himself?
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <08-22-14/1329:51> »
lol OK dwarf, NOT crawling out the front window after that IC post. :D

martinchaen

« Reply #18 on: <08-22-14/1359:56> »
Elf will;
1. Look around herself for whatever is missing from her holster and a way out of the car, as well as listen for sirens or other cars approaching (perception?)
2. Check herself for injuries; specifically, head and neck for potential trauma, and limbs for broken bones and the like (first aid?)
3. Tell someone (hey, you!) to help her get down safely (leadership?)
   a. If no one steps up, try to break her fall when releasing the harness (gymnastics?)
4. Try to force open a door (STR + BOD?)
5. Once outside, try to figure out how long she can survive in the current (I saw mention of snow; cold?) environment before freezing to death (survival)
6. Check if the commlink is on, and if not if it's damaged (hardware?)
   a. If the commlink is on, try to get some information out of it (computer?)

I'll post up an IC post to the above effect when I get home tonight.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-22-14/1502:40> »
Things that just got revealed:

Masked Woman:

Agility 6
Intuition 6
Logic 5
Willpower 6

Assensing 4
Athletics Skill Group 2

Ballistic Mask (Capacity 8)
Commlink (Hermes Ikon) [2]
Trodes [1]
Vision Enhancement [3]
Internal Air Tank [1]
Cyberware Scanner (Rating 8) [1]
Maglock (Rating 6) [-]

12 throwing knives

Highland Forge Claymore weapon focus (Force ?)

Lined Coat
Concealed Quick Draw sheath [4]

Reagents

The Ork:

Logic 4
Agility 4

Engineering Skill Group 3
Athletics Skill Group 5

You can make the gymnastics roll to free yourself if you want to risk it.

The Dwarf:

Logic 3
Agility 5
Intuition 4

Perception 3
Gymnastics 3

The Human:

Intuition 3
Logic 4
Charisma 4

Perception 4

Concealable Holster (ankle)
Concealable Quick Draw Holster (under arm)
Hidden Arm Slide
Hermes Ikon

The Elf:

Intuition 5
Logic 5
Charisma 7

Perception 3
First Aid 2

Electronics Skill Group 6
« Last Edit: <08-22-14/1506:02> by Ryo »

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <08-22-14/1504:46> »
The Crumpled Man lies there and lets the medkit stabilize him, thinking about his own medical knowledge. He determines he's quite good at it.

Logic 6(9)

Biotech Skill Group 5

Your Medkit counts as Rating 5, and you have -3 wounds.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <08-22-14/1524:06> »
With his medical knowledge the Crumpled Man would take control of the medkit to stabilize himself and start providing first aid. Not sure about essence yet so not sure about essence penalty to roll.

14 Dice (Logic & First Aid) + 5 Dice (Rating 5 Medkit) - 3 Dice  (Bad Conditions) - 2 Dice (Remotely controlling medkit) = 14 Dice - Essence penaly
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <08-22-14/1532:33> »
With his medical knowledge the Crumpled Man would take control of the medkit to stabilize himself and start providing first aid. Not sure about essence yet so not sure about essence penalty to roll.

14 Dice (Logic & First Aid) + 5 Dice (Rating 5 Medkit) - 3 Dice  (Bad Conditions) - 2 Dice (Remotely controlling medkit) = 14 Dice - Essence penaly

You essence isn't low enough to affect the roll. And since you are fully able to use your hands to apply the first aid, you don't take the Remote penalty, so you should be at 16 dice.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <08-22-14/1538:04> »
Stabilization Roll:  16d6.hits(5)=5

First Aid Roll to heal: First Aid (16d6.hits(5)=6)
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <08-22-14/1550:38> »
Stabilization Roll:  16d6.hits(5)=5

First Aid Roll to heal: First Aid (16d6.hits(5)=6)

Good rolls, managed to drop yourself down a wound penalty. You're now at 6 boxes of Physical.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <08-22-14/1632:31> »
Can wa assume all of us speaks English? Ryo, please tell us who doesn't speak it as a native language.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <08-22-14/1635:46> »
Can wa assume all of us speaks English? Ryo, please tell us who doesn't speak it as a native language.

Everyone speaks english. The Dwarf realizes this as soon as people start speaking it.

The Dwarf has Bilingual for Lakota and English.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <08-22-14/1715:34> »
Next batch:

The Masked Woman
6. Pick up and holster the claymore
7. Help the Elf down, per her request, using Strength as a default but seeing if any other method (e.g. a spell) comes naturally
8. Assense the elf
9. General Perception roll
10. I would try to calm the dwarf, but it appears I am not much of a leader. A spell, perhaps? If one comes to mind.

Is this a passenger van where we're all super-cramped on the ceiling together and crawling around, or is this a classic runner stepvan where there's actually room to stand and maneuver a bit? (Also, is there a rear exit and/or additional windows, or just the windshield up front?)

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <08-22-14/1728:58> »
Next batch:

The Masked Woman
6. Pick up and holster the claymore
7. Help the Elf down, per her request, using Strength as a default but seeing if any other method (e.g. a spell) comes naturally
8. Assense the elf
9. General Perception roll
10. I would try to calm the dwarf, but it appears I am not much of a leader. A spell, perhaps? If one comes to mind.

Is this a passenger van where we're all super-cramped on the ceiling together and crawling around, or is this a classic runner stepvan where there's actually room to stand and maneuver a bit? (Also, is there a rear exit and/or additional windows, or just the windshield up front?)

It's a van with standing room, yes. It's somewhat cramped, with seven of you in there and it being slightly crushed, but its not like you have to crawl or anything. There is a pair of rear doors that look smashed, and the windows are broken. Snow is coming in from there.

6. You can pick up and holster the claymore with ease. You do it in a single fluid motion that was obviously muscle memory. The quick draw sheath for the claymore actually has a slit down one entire side that opens when you go to sheath the weapon and closes once you're done. The sword is too long for you to draw it normally off your back, so you actually pull it out of the side of the sheath.

You discover you know a martial art: Carromeleg. You also know the Iaijutsu technique.

7. Helping her down physically is Strength + Body. Your Strength is 4, Body 5. You also recall your spellcasting ability.

You have Magic 6, Sorcery Skill Group 6, and the Magic Fingers spell. You remember your Tradition, Wicca, and resist drain with Willpower + Intuition.

8. You know your Assensing dice pool already. Feel free to roll it.

9. Your Perception skill is is 3. You already know your Intuition, and you get +3 vision from your mask.

10. You remember you have the Influence spell.

While contemplating your magical ability, you realize you have a Mentor Spirit. However, your loss of memory has muddled your connection to them, and you're having difficulty drawing on their influence.

Or in other words, you have a Mentor Spirit, which is currently unassigned. Decide what Mentor Spirit you feel is appropriate, at which point you regain your connection. You can do this whenever, so feel free to hold off on it until you learn more about your magical ability.
« Last Edit: <08-22-14/1744:02> by Ryo »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #29 on: <08-22-14/1753:18> »
Do i understand the curse the dwarf just used in lakotish?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english