NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #4890 on: <04-07-17/1124:03> »
Might as well keep it then.

If the simplicity of sole ownership is out of reach, heck, the more stakeholders, the more money I get to keep!

Again, it's really all about honoring my initial offer to buy people out at a later time if they weren't really interested in having a plane, since I felt like we sort of railroaded it through at the time.

Aria?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4891 on: <04-07-17/1216:40> »
Sort it out amongst yourselves!  I don't mind whichever way you go  ::)

I'll be away from Thur 13th to the 22nd...might get intermittent posts but don't count on it!  If it goes a bit slow then fine, or you can keep going in the general direction...could always do the initial tourist bit in Tonga :D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4892 on: <04-07-17/1229:00> »
All good. Three-way split, four-way split. Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

Keep my money!

adamu

« Reply #4893 on: <04-12-17/0812:33> »
Hey all - glad the matrix wonks are hard at work!

As much knowledge and access as there is on the grid, however, there's a lot of fun stuff that can only be got in the real world.

So I figure people in an aqualogy must lust for some sun and fresh air, and of course they must go up to the island whenever they can. And they have money. So I've tapped this Diver Pete's place as one spot they might congregate.

Thought I'd scope the place for Evo types - lots of ways to spot them - then either pick some select pockets or else break into their lockers/changing cabanas when they hit the beach. Could get commlinks and download any isolated data, could get card keys, ARO-generating ID cards, could get naughty personal effects like drugs or whatever.

And, where appropriate, copy such stuff and return.

Obi - happy to have Rick lend a hand in these larcenous endeavors if you are up for it (esp while Aria is away).

Two questions:
(1) Always not sure on the line between collaborative and refereed play....Al's got respectable sneak, pickpocket, and lockpick skills, etc. Especially vs. 'normal' people. Should I make rolls and stuff, or just narrate?

(2) Are we being collaborative on what juicy stuff I might find? Or should I wait on the GM to say?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4894 on: <04-12-17/0818:59> »
Eh, I think its fine to buy hits for stuff like this. The average tourist/corp drone has maybe four dice to perception, so one bought hit. I'm pretty sure, Al can beat that.
So even though I'm not your GM, I'd say go ahead (I'll do likewise with the matrix stuff)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4895 on: <04-12-17/0823:55> »
Please do 'go ahead' ...I'm happy for you lot to collaborate on the 'how' we get in and even start the 'getting in' ...don't worry, I've got plenty of wrinkles to throw at you once we get there without kyboshing events before we even get in the door...

One thing that will become quickly apparent, there's a tropical storm blowing in, perfect cover neh?!  And it coincides with the 'when' that Silk foresaw as the best time to penetrate the facility!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4896 on: <04-13-17/0058:31> »
LOL  I just added that there is a clothing optional part of the beach near the bar.  Maybe someone will try to pick Robyn up and invite her to visit the structure.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4897 on: <04-15-17/0131:06> »
Magic question.  What is the limit a human can take his magic score?  Is it 6 like his attribute stats or can it go higher with initiations?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4898 on: <04-15-17/0255:47> »
Provided you have enough karma to spend you could have an arbitrarily high number of initiations and magic.

I've heard of a few long time characters (15+ years of rl play) who initiated to a total magic of 20.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4899 on: <04-15-17/0704:52> »
Cap on initiate grade is Magic rating.
But cap on Magic rating is initiate grade + 6.
So there's no limit.

Though the cost keeps rocket upward, and with absolute returns constant, marginal returns diminish rapidly.

Doesn't stop me lusting after more Power Points though.....

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4900 on: <04-15-17/1217:38> »
Is DS down?  I cannot seem to get there.  In our 88s thread, are we OK to go to the early afternoon for a meet?  I do not want to post ahead of anyone if we are taking it slow.

Thanks for the word on magic.  I am looking at the character for Aria's next game and thought I would branch out a bit and try a mage.  New ground for me, to be sure.  I could use any advise I can get, but I think that this will be pretty high powered play.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #4901 on: <04-15-17/1343:48> »
DS is down for me too.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4902 on: <04-15-17/1623:54> »
Another magic question.  I am a bit confused about drain.  What do I roll to avoid drain and are there ways to mitigate it?  Can someone walk me through an example?  Say I am using a F7 spell.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4903 on: <04-15-17/1642:58> »
Sure.

You have to attributes for drain: Willpower + the Attribute of your Tradition (CHA, LOG or INT)

The spell has a drain code - usually something between F-6 to F+3. That describes how much drain you have to soak.
Let's assume you cast Increase Reflexes which has a Drain code of F.

Now you have to soak 7 points of damage with your WIL+Tradition Stat

Centering Metamagic gives you additional dice to soak

Wether the damage is stun or physical depends on your net hits and your magic stat: If you achieved more net hits than your magic stat, drain is physical damage.
That's why overcasting (casting with a force above your magic rating) can kill you instead of knocking you out.

talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4904 on: <04-15-17/2016:26> »
Thanks a lot.  Now, questions about Foci.  I am not sure that I understand the difference between a weapons focus and a different sort of focus.  I am using Hero Lab and it seems to not let me bind the weapons focus.  Is that correct?  Also, how do I use a sustaining focus?