NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4845 on: <03-07-17/0111:54> »
Robyn likes the idea of being part owner of the plane.  She is REALLY glad it isn't a submarine.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4846 on: <03-07-17/0320:36> »
Isaint will keep the share for now, but might come back to Al's offer if/when he should find himself short on funds.
As a SINless man he now has to look for ways to invest his  untaxed money.  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4847 on: <03-07-17/0401:59> »
Happy to have you guys on board - saves me a lot of money.

Buyer beware, though...Al would keep this thing for his own personal enjoyment.

On the practical side, however, not sure how often it will really be useful. And wait until all the partners start getting additional bills for docking and maintenance and forged documentation. Not to mention Al might not be the most efficient person on earth about money....

Just a few caveat emptors. You guys are more than welcome to be part owners!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4848 on: <03-07-17/0823:08> »
Robyn likes the idea of being part owner of the plane.  She is REALLY glad it isn't a submarine.
Now that would be sloooow!

Silk has a budget of around 100K for this run on a general 'making it happen' front, and then an agreed fee with each of you, probably 10-20K each or so (you are big league now!) so she will pay her way.  She has an exfil she hasn't told you about yet (as a backup)...

Now I need to finish reading the IC to date!

...ok, for consistency can someone with some time on their hands work out 1) what day we are leaving (following Robyn's and Deckard's tryst in Manhatten)... 2) approximately how long it will take to fly there?!?

I've looked up the weather, should be about 25 degrees C (it's a lovely warm winter day!) when we arrive, dropping to 15 ish at night, so perfectly comfortable for wearing amour etc...
« Last Edit: <03-07-17/0834:03> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4849 on: <03-07-17/0930:56> »
The original Catalina had a range of 4000 km and a top speed of 300 km/h.
Since this is an improved future-science version with extended range we can assume 6000 km and 400 km/h top speed (but probably still a travel speed of about 300 km/h)

It's about 10.000 km from Seattle to Tonga and we need to stop in Hawaii to refuel.
So about 38 to 48 hours

So all in all two days travel time

(Did I mention how much I love having a private plane? That opens up so many possible run locations.)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4850 on: <03-07-17/1009:52> »
Cool beans! Thanks Jack!

So two days travel time from...when?

Not sure when Rick and Robyn are planning on arriving...sometime on Saturday, I guess?

That gives me a day-and-a-half, maybe, for any mods I may feel inspired to add....

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4851 on: <03-07-17/1251:55> »
Deckard and Robyn should technically arrive Saturday evening in Seattle. So I should assume a Sunday departure?
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

adamu

« Reply #4852 on: <03-07-17/1750:34> »
The Plane -

used my own money, Thursday afternoon, and then Friday to add Signature Masking 6 to the plane (buying successes, that's a nine-hour job for Al).

Out of money, but that still leaves at least a day on Saturday, so if anyone wants any extra mods, put up the cash - Al can do almost any mod in less than a day, and I'm in a place with all the facilities and components I need....

EDIT - bought a Spoof Chip too.
« Last Edit: <03-07-17/1753:42> by adamu »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4853 on: <03-07-17/2313:54> »
I agree that Rick and Robyn will arrive in Seattle on Saturday evening so we could depart soon after that or Sunday some time. 

Robyn is interested in parachutes if you have not added that mod.  And a life raft.  And life jackets.  I do not think she has ever told anyone that she is terrified of open water?  Otherwise, she is good for another couple hundred thousand if you need to do more mods.  You can tell her about that on Friday evening when they land in New York and she sends you the bad news about the delay.  If you need more money at the time, she can transfer it to you then.

adamu

« Reply #4854 on: <03-08-17/0246:44> »
Anyone worried about passenger safety had best let Al know IC, because it will never even occur to him otherwise, as crashing is inconceivable to him.

OOC - I'll crack the books tonight and see what can be done.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4855 on: <03-08-17/0449:05> »
Isaint won't - since he learned to levitate fear of flying is no longer a thing for him  ;D
But a flying boat should come with emergency equipment anyway.
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4856 on: <03-08-17/0921:08> »
The message from Robyn about the flight delay will not get to Al after 2300 EST, so 2000 PST.  I am sure that Al would send a note of some kind in response and Robyn will let him know that she would appreciate some water safety equipment on board, if possible.

adamu

« Reply #4857 on: <03-08-17/0924:21> »
sounds like a plan.

I'll spend some time on that tonight with the books

anything not on offer in the books, I'll assume comes as standard, then buy up whatever safety stuff I can either just purchase or will have time to install.

adamu

« Reply #4858 on: <03-09-17/1933:47> »
Okay, thinking about survival stuff for a sea plane.

Was thinking plenty of ejection seats, all with parachutes.
And then paying some amount extra so that each one is made of bouyant materials and there's maritime survival stuff in the seat-back - probably could get as fancy as we want to pay for, though couldn't find any actual waterborne survival-specific stuff in the book.

First question - anyone know where I can find the price, etc. for the ejection seats? There's an entry for them in the rigger book, but some CGL genius left the listing off the price/stat list.

Second - if anyone has specific ideas for my ejection/water survival seats, let me know.
Otherwise I'll just write something up on my own and throw it at Aria for approval/pricing.

Of course also open to other ideas on safety systems for the plane.
(All the rules on crashing and crash countermeasures seem to assume car crashes - not much love given to something as catastrophic as a plane crash...)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4859 on: <03-09-17/2231:34> »
I am sort of waiting for Obidancer to post in SFW.  I don't want to assume anything.