NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4815 on: <02-20-17/0901:14> »
Oh well, seems like I have to kill spirits with my bare hands  ;D

Although I have to note that Kamikaze isn't illegal, it's just restricted. But no matter, that stuff should be easy to obtain locally if necessary.
For the gun I'd have my private detective license. But it's no big deal either: The tasers will do just as well.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4816 on: <02-20-17/0926:46> »
  Generic 'crap' weapons are the way to go here

Sweet - the only kind Al will touch!

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4817 on: <02-21-17/1935:13> »
Could we just rent / borrow / steal / charter a small plane (well, with big enough fuel reservoir) to smuggle us all into Tonga at once?

Either land in a quiet place, parachute jump in land, or in water and reach the shore. Staying as a group to reach Tonga, without going through security is actually the safest  bet. If one of us get blocked, caught, detained, or bothered whatsoever by customs or other check point, it will be hard for the other to intervene without hell beak loose.

What do you say?
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4818 on: <02-21-17/2247:43> »
I can see advantages to both sides, which is why I offered to try to coordinate a visit from Doctor Lysander to the aquacology medical facility.  She could perhaps arrange for several "assistants" to accompany here.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

adamu

« Reply #4819 on: <02-22-17/0351:01> »
Could we just rent / borrow / steal / charter a small plane (well, with big enough fuel reservoir) to smuggle us all into Tonga at once?

You left out "buy".

Away from books right now, but why not?

Some of us may be fairly cash-rich right now - if we pooled our money initially, Al would be willing to buy out people's stakes later.
I can free up about 100K right now (which in fluff terms should probably be more like Al fixing up an older plane, but whatever...).

If people are interested....

As for ploys to bluff our way in, I'll leave that to all you meticulous planning types!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4820 on: <02-22-17/0641:02> »
Now there's an idea.
I could also invest 100.000, 150.000 in a pinch

A Dassault Sea Sprite is an even 400.000 and is VTOL capable 

A FEDERATED-BOEING PBY-70A is even cheaper at 250.000 and amphibious, likewise the R-F Fokker Tundra-9 for 300.000

Isaint certainly would pair up with Al to get one of these babies

talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4821 on: <02-22-17/0700:28> »
You're making me eager to get home to my rigger book.

Any additions such as adding fuel capacity, Al can probably do in a day or less - except I only have ground vehicle and water craft facilities...

Yeah, I guess some of the logistics are a pain in the ass, if Silk really wants us to be quick...

I mean, we can be in Tonga in less than 24, I would guess, if we fly commercially.

Getting a plane, arranging for fueling and blah blah blah, that will likely take a few days....

Still excited about the basic idea though....

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4822 on: <02-22-17/0910:41> »
Robyn could invest 100,000 or 150,000 as well.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4823 on: <02-22-17/1443:36> »
Sounds like you've got transport sorted then! Silk can meet you at a rendezvous en route or at Tonga itself...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4824 on: <02-22-17/1607:48> »
Well, London - Tonga crosses the American continent, so we could pick her up in Seattle.

The PBY-70A is AVA 12, so not that hard to find if we apply ourselves.
And since we don't have an actual time limit and more a "don't waste" time situation I think that's a good option - especially since it conveniently gives us an option to leave again after things (inevitably) turn out to be more complicated than anticipated  ;)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4825 on: <02-22-17/1625:47> »
Yeah, that's a plan. Fly commercial to Seattle - new experience for Al. Buy the plane in Seattle, don't have to worry about a place to park until I get it back to UK. Or leave it in Seattle, since Al has a home there too.

The Catalina is in fact Al's first personal choice for this kind of ride, since it has that retro feel. And it seems to be designed for extended range, so one hop from Seattle to Tonga?

Assume buying sans weaponry?
That big fat sensor rating - is that the ECM/ECCM the fluff talks about?

Anyway, money then.
Assuming Rick and Silk also go in initially, that's a cheap Y50,000 each.
Anyone wants out, not really a big deal, just say so.
Also, I'll assume everyone wants Al to buy out their share as he gets the money - but if that's not the case, let me know and we'll work something out for sharing ownership, no problem.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4826 on: <02-22-17/1638:33> »
The German book has updated the info on the standard equipment:

ECM 3 and Improved Economy in addition to the five weapon mounts

By the way, I allowed myself to add Al's idea to my post. Tel me if you want it changed.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4827 on: <02-22-17/1642:46> »
No need for a change - hit it just right.

adamu

« Reply #4828 on: <02-22-17/1647:42> »
The German book has updated the info on the standard equipment:

ECM 3 and Improved Economy in addition to the five weapon mounts

By the way, I allowed myself to add Al's idea to my post. Tel me if you want it changed.

Does the German book clarify that it's a fixed wing (main entry in English book says it is, but the stat box calls it a rotorcraft)?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4829 on: <02-22-17/1654:41> »
The German book calls it an airboat, so fixed wing with propeller/rotors in contrast to fixed wing with jet propulsion.
talk think matrix