NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4785 on: <01-13-17/1738:27> »
@Obi and Jack... I hope to have SFW up and running by the end of the month so if you want to do some downtime stuff you could wait for that or just do what Adam and Mercy are doing and start a sub thread... it's all worth karma and excessive amounts of cash  ::)

...wouldn't the flying bits get in the way of you actually using one of those guns?!  Don't worry about building your monstrosities...they aren't exactly subtle and, in theory, the next run will call for some subtle...for a time at least!  Plus transport... I'm not going to take you anywhere as exotic as Below or a Metaplane (you treat them badly!  :o) but it won't be set in Seattle or the UK for this one...of course that's assuming you accept the contract!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4786 on: <01-13-17/1747:17> »
@ the next run will call for some subtle...

Subtle's what Als do best!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4787 on: <01-14-17/0523:44> »
Seems like at least my armor choice will support that direction

Regarding downtime: I'm just filling up CoF with what Isaint does during downtime. Two more posts and I should be done  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4788 on: <01-17-17/1232:05> »
Ok, I’ve made a stab at starting off SFW… I did say I was going to wait until the end of the month so don’t feel you need to rush to respond but I will try and wait for you all to gather in the Citadel host (and make individual IC posts) before Silk pitches you the run.  I don’t think Silk has actively met anyone except Al right?!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4789 on: <01-18-17/0520:00> »
Nice, I'm nearly finished with Isaint's travels
Also I decided to not purchase the flying guns. As fun as it would be, I just can't get the matrix protection good enough without buying an insanely expensive RCC. That turns those guns into a liability (especially in case we should cross paths with Winter again)
Instead I added the Counterstrike technique to Isaint's repertoire
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4790 on: <01-18-17/0838:13> »
Oh you'll see him/her again, that's for sure!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4791 on: <01-18-17/0851:42> »
I'm counting on it - preferably through a rifle scope  8) ::)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4792 on: <01-18-17/1840:17> »
Ok, I’ve made a stab at starting off SFW… I did say I was going to wait until the end of the month so don’t feel you need to rush to respond but I will try and wait for you all to gather in the Citadel host (and make individual IC posts) before Silk pitches you the run.  I don’t think Silk has actively met anyone except Al right?!

Very very excited about this!

Will absolutely post the moment I catch up on the game-date. And, as agreed, I'll work to make that happen by end-January (-ish).
Couple of RL weeks - blink of an eye in PbP time.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #4793 on: <01-19-17/0049:40> »
so I know this is off topic but I have some rigger questions.  I was  thinking of making one who is a paraplegic and total shut in and he uses Anthro drones and his truck non stop, to the point that he considers the drone himself while jumped in most of the time.  What kind of issues will come up with that besides you know, hydration and nutrition, technical problems like noise what are his skills based on will they we based on the anthros stats and his mentals, guns will be logic but what about things like perception, sensors?  gymnastics and escape artist stuff?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4794 on: <01-19-17/0058:30> »
I'm counting to have a couple posts for Deckard's downtime very shortly
However I'd like to have the opinion of my fellow players and GM:

What metamagic would you suggest for Deckard's initiation? Centering could bring Drain resistance at up to 18... Masking is not great at Level 3 but open the door to the Extended Masking... then there's the notorious Quickening, Any suggestion?

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4795 on: <01-19-17/0325:23> »
@obi

Centering as second or third Metamagic is always worthwile. Quickening is almost without peer.
But if you want to go into a more interesting direction: HT has the Channel Great Spirit metamagic. You'll need one point in ritual magic and the Great Spirit ritual, but afterwards you can summon a spirit with some nifty bonus abilities (get six successes on your second summoning role and the spirit can have the endowment power, allowing him to give a innate power of his to you or the team. Having a mage that can astral project and materialize into the mundane world would be a game changer)

@Stuttrboy
Get an RV with ammenities, lot's of noise reduction and a S-K Direktionsekretar.
All movement and maneuvering is done through piloting checks, so that cuts down on different physical abilities. Perception can be wholly replaced with Electronic Warfare. Gunnery is only applicable if you use weapon mounts. If you use the drone's arms you'll have to use the actual skill.
Your biggest threat is being hacked, so having a strong jammer (wireless enabled), an Agent to look for MARKs and maybe a few reserve drones.
High End Rigger Control and RCC will be the safest way to do that, plus three data jacks, antennas, fresnel fabric and satellite connection.
talk think matrix

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #4796 on: <01-19-17/1336:59> »
Hmm.  Can anthro drones benefit from armored clothing?  How lifelike do they appear?
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4797 on: <01-19-17/1702:02> »
Yes, they can wear regular armor (p.145 R5)
Not very, unless you invest into Realistic Features which increases the perception threshold to recognize the drone as non-human.
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4798 on: <01-23-17/0823:40> »

Very very excited about this!

Will absolutely post the moment I catch up on the game-date. And, as agreed, I'll work to make that happen by end-January (-ish).
Couple of RL weeks - blink of an eye in PbP time.
Adam, any chance you could pen a quick reaching out to your co-workers so that we can nudge things along?  Sorry for being impatient...I'm enjoying reading the Al and Alyce stuff but I'd like to get this one going too :) no reason they can't coincide for a bit! ...of course I now need to go and write stuff for Run! and Glo :P

adamu

« Reply #4799 on: <01-23-17/0827:16> »
Nio worries - I'll do it today!