Autosoft Swarm R6
Autosoft Electronic Warfare R6
Smartsoft
Virtual Machine

2x Traveller Lifestyle

Total Cost. 98.100¥

Highlights:
+3 dp to social tests +2 to limits
19 Armor (12 while accessoires aren't deployed)
8 flying autonomous guns w/ handloaded ex-ex ammo for 12P AP-3 damage and the ability to create -8/-16 penalties
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4771 on: <01-12-17/0210:13> »
It might be a silly question, but it looks like you are putting a massive handgun on a microdrone the size of a mosquito.  Am I looking at that correctly?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4772 on: <01-12-17/0329:32> »
Yes. Or to be precise I'm putting a propulsion system on a gun (as it was possible in 4e)

Personally, I think the Noizquito is incredibly overpowered for its size and cost (micro drones shouldn't have a body score higher than 0) and normally I'd use a mini drone like the Horizon Flying Eye (which has identical stats and costs), but since this is a demonstration of mad science (or mad gear optimization) I took the most ridiculous powerful option.

I mean the whole gundrone costs only 3400 and uses no equipment that's higher than 10 AVA (except for the ammunition)
talk think matrix

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #4773 on: <01-12-17/0812:19> »
speaking of gear I was thinking about the possibility of an ammo drum designed for multiple ammo types that could be chosen on the fly with a smartgun system.  Any ideas what that would take to incorporate?  Armory and software?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4774 on: <01-12-17/0832:09> »
You just need a drum capable weapon and the ammo select modification from Hard Targets.
Which - incidentally - Isaint has on his Auto Shotgun wielded by his anthro drone  ;D
talk think matrix

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #4775 on: <01-12-17/0957:18> »
What about converting a weapon to accept a drum feed?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4776 on: <01-12-17/1001:38> »
For that you'd need to go back to 4e.

But the Ares Sigma is a nice SMG for most purposes.
talk think matrix

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #4777 on: <01-12-17/1222:01> »
Since the boys are talking guns...i'm working on a duel wield adept.  Would a reflex recorded work with the adept power skill increase?  Im trying to determine if a point of essence  .  Would be worth it with two smartgun systems and a recorder
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4778 on: <01-12-17/1300:55> »
That depends on the level of optimization you want.

Dual wielding guns has notoriously little benefit in SR5 (wielding knifes on the other hand can be quite effective)
To your question: Yes it does, but it's not really efficient unless you already have exhausted all other options.
It's a +1 increase +2 if you get an implanted smartlink (compared to the non implanted) one. For a starting character you'll have to sacrifice an other priority to get enough money (or take hideously high debt)

That said: It can be worth it if you also get other effective stuff (like titanium bones).

talk think matrix

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #4779 on: <01-12-17/1554:37> »
I was thinking reflex recorder cybereyes and orthoskin you can get that for about 38k, why are knives better? With agi boost recorder and skill boost you can get 20 dice so base 10 +2 for the smart links and if you pre edge thats 14 and 15 dice for two attacks in a pass.  Seems nasty to me.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4780 on: <01-12-17/1643:44> »
Dual Blades can benefit from the Two-Weapon Style Attack (p.141 R&G) gaining +1 to Acc and Dmg (also you can get a weapon focus which boosts your dice pool enormously)

Splitting your dice pool leaves you with 10 dice per attack, which is quite easy to dodge for competent enemies or at least reduce the damage (Edge is a precious resource and usually isn't factored into your combat tactics - or shouldn't as that is a sure sign that your tactics aren't reliable)

In my whole SR5 career I employed dice pool splitting exactly two times: When I had to kill to opponents before they could shoot a hostage and when I had to shoot two guards before they noticed they were under attack. (But I used a single weapon with SA for that instead of two separate weapons and with the guards it didn't work out since one was an adept and couldn't be surprised thanks to combat sense)

In a combat with superior numbers of opponents I either use grenades or other AOE attacks to take them out simultaneously or I take them out one by one with guaranteed hits and hit and run tactics. Half-assing two shots usually leaves two wounded opponents alive which leads to two attacks. That is a lot less preferable than just killing one and facing only one attack.

It would be something else if the rules allowed you to target the same opponent with both split attacks.

In the end it's a question how long you want to play the character: Ware gives you a front loaded power boost, pure magic is cheaper in the long run. Personally I prefer a high magic attribute so that my AGI Boost is more effective with low drain. And should magic and qi-foci really prove inadequate I can always later get ware - and possibly even in delta ware quality.
talk think matrix

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #4781 on: <01-12-17/2331:14> »
So a rigger jumped into an anthro drone with a shotgun would use what...logic and gunnery?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4782 on: <01-13-17/0319:59> »
Nope, if you use the hands of the drone you use the weapon skill (+Logic)

"When using standard or cyberweapons, the rigger uses the relevant weapons skill instead of Gunnery and suffers from recoil penalties as a metahuman would." HT p. 190
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4783 on: <01-13-17/0759:00> »
[spoiler]I finally got around to do my next gear project

Summit Suit 8 6 7 2,500¥
 +Chemical Protection
Argentum Coat 12 / +4 14 10 3,600¥
 +Nonconductivity
 +Fire Resistance
 +Shock Frills 2 6R 250¥
Electrochromic modification — +2 +500¥

BRIEFCASE SHIELD (ARMOR)  +4 14R 1,800¥
 +CompuForce TaskMaster 4 8R 32,000¥ 5 4

Forearm Guards +1 3 6 300¥
 +Miniwelder w/ 1 fuel canister
 +Jammer (Area R6)

Ballistic Mask +2 8 6 150¥
 +Respirator R6
 +Gasmask
 +Microtransceiver
 +Sensor R3 Ultrasound
 +Sensor R3 Laser Microphone
 ++Select Soundfilter R3
 +Sensor R3 Geiger Counter

CHEMSNIFFER RING (SENSORS) R6
PORTABLE CHEMICAL INJECTOR Wrist: 3 doses, 500 nuyen
HOLO BRACELET (ELECTRONICS)
TAILORED PERFUME/COLOGNE STATS  Black Panther 8R 250¥

8x HORIZON “NOIZQUITO” (MICRO DRONE) 4 3 2 1 0 3 3 — 10R 2,000¥
 +Downgrade (Acceleration)
 +Small Weapon Mount
 ++Ruger Super Warhawk
 +++Smartlink
 +++Trigger Removal

42x Hand Load Ammo Ex-Ex (+3 dmg)

Autosoft Maneuver R6
Autosoft Targeting R6
Autosoft Swarm R6
Autosoft Electronic Warfare R6
Smartsoft
Virtual Machine

2x Traveller Lifestyle

Total Cost. 98.100¥

Highlights:
+3 dp to social tests +2 to limits
19 Armor (12 while accessoires aren't deployed)
8 flying autonomous guns w/ handloaded ex-ex ammo for 12P AP-3 damage and the ability to create -8/-16 penalties[/spoiler]
See...now this is why I need to design runs that limit your access to gear :P  ...or I need to upgrade the baddies again  ::)  Of course having 8 handguns buzzing around your head would probably be a situational thing, not much use for sneaking  ;D

Isn't there an obscure rule somewhere about Autosofts being limited by the Device Rt of the drone?!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4784 on: <01-13-17/0818:54> »
Jupp, but not if you are using an RCC to share the Autosoft.

The initial idea was to have a gun that I could call to my hand where ever I am and it somehow escalated  ;D
But don't worry, it's 15 nuyen per bullet which makes a full salvo a tad expensive.

That said, I can dial back the whole thing (I like building that stuff more than actually using it, beside maybe the cool imagery of having a halo and wings made of guns around you)

After all I'm not out to make life difficult for the GM but to experience awesome stories with adversities overcome through ingenuity and tenacity  ;) 8)
talk think matrix