NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #4755 on: <12-28-16/1325:07> »
@CoF - well folks, I am on the road for the next four days or so. Unlikely I'll be able to post in that time, so thought I'd better put something up before disappearing.

See y'all in a few.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4756 on: <12-28-16/1341:33> »
All the best wishes for you. Get save into the new year.
I'll give Obi another few days before I'll allow myself to direct Rick. But I'll set my post before the year is done  ;) 8)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4757 on: <12-29-16/0318:52> »
Happy Holidays and Travelling everyone. Will be posting tomorrow, or really in a few hours considering it's the middle of the night...
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4758 on: <01-09-17/0152:32> »
@CoF: Thank you all for the epic telling! Has been great fun reading it all. Seems like anything else will be a little anticlimactic so how would you feel about putting any follow up in a subsequent IC thread to cover you until your next run? Assuming you want to stick with it I'm proposing to get Silk to hire you to resolve her personal vendetta! How much down time would you like?

Now, it seems like there should be some consequences for what you have all just witnessed...certain other games and you'd all be barking mad by now (would anyone notice? :P) I would invite you to take a new negative mental quality... you'll also get double its cost in karma which you could bank to buy it off in time!? Insomnia might be appropriate, or flashbacks...for something more insidious you could go for vendetta perhaps? Sure you can come up with something!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4759 on: <01-09-17/0241:35> »
Thanks.  I think we all played off each other quite well.  It is a good team.  Mental flaw?  Hmmm.  I will look at those.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4760 on: <01-09-17/0314:06> »
A new mental neg. quality? Hm, I think I know which one, just have to look it up...  8)

Downtime: At least two months. Isaint has to visit his family one last time before he burns his SIN and Records on File.

Also: Great game, can't wait for the next one  ;D
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4761 on: <01-09-17/0728:17> »
@CoF: Thank you all for the epic telling! Has been great fun reading it all. Seems like anything else will be a little anticlimactic so how would you feel about putting any follow up in a subsequent IC thread to cover you until your next run? Assuming you want to stick with it I'm proposing to get Silk to hire you to resolve her personal vendetta! How much down time would you like?

Now, it seems like there should be some consequences for what you have all just witnessed...certain other games and you'd all be barking mad by now (would anyone notice? :P) I would invite you to take a new negative mental quality... you'll also get double its cost in karma which you could bank to buy it off in time!? Insomnia might be appropriate, or flashbacks...for something more insidious you could go for vendetta perhaps? Sure you can come up with something!

Great game!

I was just about to PM you about how much downtime we'd be looking at - by day, got some time-consuming vehicle and maybe dog-training projects, but night some personal issues that will need playing out.
Personally I was thinking in weeks rather than months, but I'm cool either way - do let us know, though, so I can plan appropriately.

Just as important as how much time in-game we take is the question of how much RL time you were thinking of taking before launching the next chapter...I predict a bit of IC interplay between some players during this downtime - but don't want to slow anyone up. If you give us a timeline for next game launch, I am sure I can work with that....

And mental flaws - so cool. I have often thought to myself that there are a few I'm already effectively role-playing for Al but that I've never gotten points for because of the chargen limit on negative qualities. Off the top of my head I'm thinking either splitting it half-and-half by taking his existing Insomnia and Alcohol Addiction up a level each, or else putting some of his Prejudices into game terms (where to start?). But will look at the books tonight to make sure I'm not missing anything and then let you know.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4762 on: <01-09-17/0821:27> »
Well I was thinking of setting the IC going almost immediately so that you have a place to post without the CoF thread trailing off into lots of downtime.  That could easily be done in the new IC thread (Storm Force Whisper is my working title - TBC!)

There are four of you at present covering the basics of a team (magic, muscle, matrix)... I'm seriously considering playing Silk to go along with you all (it's her end game after all), as I've wanted to play her again for ages!  We would need this to be a fairly collaborative story for that to work but that seems to be going well so far!  Any objections?!

Two months would be fine for the next run to pick up! 

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4763 on: <01-09-17/0841:50> »
Well, I for one welcome our overlord in our ranks  ;)

No, that sounds great and it will be surely fascinating to meet Silk for real  ;D

Just means I have to finish my work on my next gear surprise  ;D
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4764 on: <01-09-17/1007:12> »
I would like to have some time to work things out with Al and Alyce, and that might take more than a few IC posts.  WOuld it be OK to have that two months of downtime?  I would hope it does not take nearly that long, but I could use a bit of time to work out some personal issues.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

adamu

« Reply #4765 on: <01-09-17/1110:07> »
Sounds like all agree on two months in-game.

And seems clear that a new IC thread will be launched and we're supposed to cover the downtime within that thread.

But Aria, by "setting the IC going almost immediately" did you mean just setting up that thread right away, or launching the IC of the new run very soon?

Mercy and I post pretty fast when we set our minds to it - I think we can resolve things in not too long RL-wise.
Yeah, we could do that in a separate thread, but I think the outcome (which we do not yet know) will mightily affect the RP in the actual run, so would be nice if that could be wrapped up before we take off on the new job...two weeks RL, maybe?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4766 on: <01-09-17/1239:01> »
Was going to create an initial IC post and then let you have the 2 months time before the actual run started... but you could just as easily reprise the Al and Alyce thread if you wanted, or make a new one for now?!  Just felt it was nice to leave CoF on a high  ::)

adamu

« Reply #4767 on: <01-09-17/1434:21> »
All good.  Not super bothered what thread we use - just want to pace our posting so we get done before we start making folks wait for us.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4768 on: <01-09-17/2256:04> »
Really enjoyed the Entire team. You guys impress me how much you can write!  I was the slowest to post but I'm glad we managed to finish this episode on a great note.
I'll look into the negative Quality which is well deserved!

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4769 on: <01-10-17/1658:24> »
So, regarding that negative quality, Isaint takes two actually:

For one he now has officially the Spirit Bane: Shadow Spirit quality
but since that will hardly make a difference to how Isaint is already treated by this sort of spirit he now also has
a level 1 illness (B&B p.12).

For Spirit Bane I exchange the SINner and Records on File quality
talk think matrix