NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4710 on: <12-16-16/0751:06> »
Not trying to rain on your parade...your roll might be enough to get your favourite drake to officiate the ceremony...that is assuming you intend to ignore Celedyr's warning (which I'm more or less certain you will  ::))
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4711 on: <12-16-16/1223:41> »
Thought it was a little weird that the spirits that previously had relied exclusively on weird influence attacks in a bid to extract essence or karma or whatever are now going straight for physical attacks.
And that even though they hate us, they are actually attacking other people....

So just in terms of OOC planning, I think we need to be coming up with ways to ruin their pattern, disrupting the blood and corpse patterns physically and also astrally (or is there even a difference here?).

I'll leave it to Obi to kick that off IC since Deckard is the one that figured it out.

But also wondering - are they just going at us here and now because there are a lot of people around (and they hate Isaint)? Or does the union of the two girls also have significance? Something that could stop them? Just a coincidence the first time we saw them they attacked Tam? Or that the first person they killed this time was the guy that could complete the wedding?
Need to get our drake friend to finish the ceremony for us....

Oh...and also kill them all.

Sakuro

• Newb
« Reply #4712 on: <12-16-16/1620:37> »
I just noticed Stuttrboy's comment about Annex's Attributes. Apologies for the delayed response I have been keeping my eye on Dumpshock rather  then hear. I will see about willing points around to fix that.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #4713 on: <12-16-16/1626:29> »
Note that you should use this thread for "our" TC threads though: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=23520.0
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Sakuro

• Newb
« Reply #4714 on: <12-16-16/1650:12> »
Should I post a copy of Annex's character sheet in that thread you linked, or just focus on Obsidian Portal?

Took me a while to get use to the formatting there, and I am slowly refining it.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #4715 on: <12-16-16/1702:11> »
It should be enough on OP.
I don't have mine on the forum for example, and I think it's the case for most of us (at least in Mercy's TC).

Sakuro

• Newb
« Reply #4716 on: <12-16-16/1715:28> »
Thank you for the information Imladir.

adamu

« Reply #4717 on: <12-16-16/2002:06> »
@Aria - this looks like a brains over brawn thing.

And that means I have a lot of questions - need data!

Besides assuming their lizard forms, are Celedyr and the drakes DOING anything?

What is the dark gray dragon doing?

Any organized reaction from the Flowers? From Harlequinade?

This pattern, where is the stage (priest blood-covered would-be marriage altar spot) in relation to that? The edge of a circle? The apex of a triangle? The center of some shape or another?
I can make an Arcana test if that would be helpful...

I am guessing any explosion in this crowded place is bound to have lots of collateral damage? Or, are people fleeing/dying fast enough a shaped structural charge might not kill people?
Any particular critical structural points (central load-bearing pillar? keystone to arched roof?)?

It was daylight I believe when we came in - but not sure how much time has passed (or how astronomy works here!) - is it still daylight outside now?

Does this place have plumbing? Big gravity-based water vessel somewhere high?

Besides drake lady, anyone else we spot that could do a marriage (Al's got 11 dice for London Below knowledge, and I'd imagine Robyn and the brides know more than he does - if there's anyone here and alive reckon we could spot them....)?

Sorry to pester, but we can't solve a puzzle without seeing more pieces....

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #4718 on: <12-16-16/2356:18> »
Thank you for the information Imladir.

Sure, no problem.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4719 on: <12-17-16/1131:20> »
It would be helpful to know what Robyn sees on the matrix here.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4720 on: <12-17-16/1615:00> »
More after the weekend but for now here's a pic!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59733/?

adamu

« Reply #4721 on: <12-17-16/1804:35> »
More after the weekend but for now here's a pic!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59733/?

Sweet - so is that sunlight streaming through that skylight?

And I can't see what the ceiling/roof are made out of....material will make a difference in how many innocent people get squished if I bring it down...

And I guess we are on the stage at the far end...so we are at the edge (or apex?) of the ritual pattern. (And all that priest blood on us has to mean something...)

Hungry hungry for details so we can have a chance to play this instead of just get played.

adamu

« Reply #4722 on: <12-17-16/1821:42> »
Doh - answered one of my own questions - sunset when we arrived, show started at midnight.

So no sun.

One you don't have to answer for me, Aria!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4723 on: <12-19-16/0815:29> »
@Aria - this looks like a brains over brawn thing.

And that means I have a lot of questions - need data!  Will see what I can do  ::)

Besides assuming their lizard forms, are Celedyr and the drakes DOING anything?  As per Obi’s post, Celedyr and his drakes are ‘in the fight’ but they can’t lay waste to great swathes of Shadows without cooking the guests!

What is the dark gray dragon doing?  Similarly battling the shadows whilst trying to avoid retaliation…both lizards are attracting a fair amount of magical assault judging from the way the air is rippling around them

Any organized reaction from the Flowers? From Harlequinade?  The Flowers not a huge amount of organisation (they are hippies after all!) but that’s not to say they aren’t doing anything!  The Iron Company are beginning to get organised, forming into squads to make them harder targets…but it is difficult when the damn things can step out of the smallest shadows and disappear back in to them as easily.  The Murder Clowns are doing what they do best too!

This pattern, where is the stage (priest blood-covered would-be marriage altar spot) in relation to that? The edge of a circle? The apex of a triangle? The center of some shape or another?
I can make an Arcana test if that would be helpful...  Deckard has seen a pentagram forming near the stage, but that is part of a longer pattern reaching down the length of the hall…might be an Orobous or something similar…beginning to be powerful enough to hurt the eyes of anyone looking at it!

I am guessing any explosion in this crowded place is bound to have lots of collateral damage? Or, are people fleeing/dying fast enough a shaped structural charge might not kill people?
Any particular critical structural points (central load-bearing pillar? keystone to arched roof?)?  Well the pic should give you some ideas…easy enough to take the roof if you climb up, or demolish enough of the columns…pretty sure there will be collateral damage still if you blow it…but perhaps better that than the alternative?

It was daylight I believe when we came in - but not sure how much time has passed (or how astronomy works here!) - is it still daylight outside now?  You’ve answered that one :D

Does this place have plumbing? Big gravity-based water vessel somewhere high?  No handy water tank, sorry :P

Besides drake lady, anyone else we spot that could do a marriage (Al's got 11 dice for London Below knowledge, and I'd imagine Robyn and the brides know more than he does - if there's anyone here and alive reckon we could spot them....)?  Probably!  But you know eTher and I don’t need to conjure another NPC to complicate the show :)

Sorry to pester, but we can't solve a puzzle without seeing more pieces.... Pester away!

Oh, and here’s the Wiki page if things need to be added / updated:

https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/wikis/great-hall-lyonesse

It would be helpful to know what Robyn sees on the matrix here.
Of course it would :D

The matrix appears to be a star map of sorts (sure you can find various sci-fi film references to help)!  There don’t appear to be hosts as such, it’s more akin to the new pre-matrix protocols matrix, lots of nodes to interact with performing a wide variety of tasks.  Happy to let your imagination run a bit wild here…as Adam noted, brains over brawn is probably the best way, so although there may be a weapons grid you could tap in to, something else might be more useful (although I will rule out a fire suppression system as that would make it all too easy ???)?  Any drones will be cyber equipped animals or stone Gollum types…

Hope that’s enough to get you started!?!

adamu

« Reply #4724 on: <12-19-16/0829:05> »
Thanks, Aria. All juicy and useful, if only to eliminate crazy ideas.

No need to stress the roof - idea was to eliminate shadows by bathing place in sunlight, but that won't fly now.

Most inclined to just blow a chunk out of the floor this pentagram is on - that oughtta put a gap in the circuit of their pattern - at least delay if not thwart them. In the real world I'd be afraid my physical explosion might not disrupt their astral pattern, but all one-and-the-same here, right?

Just mostly gotta clear the stage of brides and mimes and collapsed hackers....

Still, I can't shake the feeling we are missing something...will think more...pore over past IC posts more....invite ideas from teammates more.....