NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Sakuro

• Newb
« Reply #4665 on: <11-26-16/1654:57> »
Hello. Are there any GMs with a runner team in this persistent world game that would be willing to take a new player on? I only recently acquired a copy of Shadowrun 5e's core book, and have never played the game before, but am keen on getting into a PbP game.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4666 on: <11-28-16/0848:42> »
Hello. Are there any GMs with a runner team in this persistent world game that would be willing to take a new player on? I only recently acquired a copy of Shadowrun 5e's core book, and have never played the game before, but am keen on getting into a PbP game.
Hi!  The only active game that I'm running on SG is full, although you might be able to sweet talk Mercy into another runner on the TC front?!?  Over on Dumpshock there's space in the Run! game although as that has lost some momentum I will probably wrap that up towards Christmas.  There will be a runner level game from me in the New Year if you can wait that long?

If you want to post a character up you'd be very welcome, you'll get plenty of good feedback too!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4667 on: <11-28-16/0912:50> »
By the way, it's been a while since I read anything from Mercy (and I'm actually waiting for his response in CoF) has anybody heard from him?
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4668 on: <11-28-16/0922:29> »
I haven't heard from him, but I would guess it's a Thanksgiving weekend thing.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #4669 on: <11-28-16/1057:39> »
He mentioned last week that he was on vacation, and his wife was hoping he wouldn't be spending much time on-line.  Not sure if that was just a one week thing, or longer.

Sakuro

• Newb
« Reply #4670 on: <11-29-16/1344:54> »
The forum page has not been responding and loading slowly for me, so my responses may come slow.

As for creating a character, what are the most populous roles present in this game environment? I have a couple concepts in mind, but I do not want to play a third string decker, for example, if Matrix support is really common.

adamu

« Reply #4671 on: <11-29-16/1735:04> »
The forum page has not been responding and loading slowly for me, so my responses may come slow.

That's not you, that's this site.

It's why a lot of this campaign takes place over on Dumpshock.

Sakuro

• Newb
« Reply #4672 on: <11-29-16/1813:17> »
In that case would it be advisable for me to focus my OOC posts there, at Dumpshock?

adamu

« Reply #4673 on: <11-30-16/0459:05> »
In that case would it be advisable for me to focus my OOC posts there, at Dumpshock?

Just speaking with regard to Aria's persistent world campaign, pretty much all of us are on both sites, so it's just up to which you prefer.

If a spot is found for you in one of the campaign's games, then of course it will depend on which board that game is on....

dluxcru

• Newb
« Reply #4674 on: <11-30-16/1909:27> »
Make that two new people interested in joining. I've expressed some interest before but didn't follow up because college. Note that I've got a character built already (can make some tweaks if needed), who is a prime runner built on sum to ten.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4675 on: <12-01-16/0327:16> »
I am back and posting.  Very sorry for the delay.  I have just posted to CoF and am ready to move on in that. 

Wow.  Two more players?  Aria sure has a popular game going.  Please PM me if you are interested in getting into my version of the Tangled Currents threads.  I would ask that each of you look at some of my work either here or on Dumpshock to see if you like my GM style.  Look forward to hearing from you.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4676 on: <12-01-16/0824:05> »
I am back and posting.  Very sorry for the delay.  I have just posted to CoF and am ready to move on in that. 

Wow.  Two more players?  Aria sure has a popular game going.  Please PM me if you are interested in getting into my version of the Tangled Currents threads.  I would ask that each of you look at some of my work either here or on Dumpshock to see if you like my GM style.  Look forward to hearing from you.
Mercy, quick note on your IC...the tattoo you sport is actually for the Seventh House, (hence the hydra) they just happen to be notionally first among equals :)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4677 on: <12-01-16/0825:48> »
And while I'm at it...should it come to combat (what are the chances?!?) the spirits here will be without their immunity to normal weapons (although they will have other things to compensate)...the perils of being on the astral!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4678 on: <12-01-16/0852:19> »
Alright, I think I have my counter strategy to this unwelcome guest.

Though with this new info: Is there astral space in this environment? If I understand it correctly a metaplane is not the same as the astral - especially here where we more or less are bound by physical laws.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4679 on: <12-01-16/1146:07> »
The astral is here, it just isn't a separate 'reality' here, everyone is effectively dual natured... we'll sort of anyway, if you could read auras before you still can, if you couldn't, no joy doing it here...