NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4635 on: <11-09-16/1136:51> »
I mention the Helmet, because I need to have a few things integrated - one of them a good commlink ;)

Hehe, unfair maybe but not unjustified. I didn't really plan to bring Arthur with me - no matter how useful he is.

And Centurion is exactly what I was going for. If the Helmet is part of the Armor I'll add the RP-Cloak to my allotment.

Explosives I'll leave to Al
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4636 on: <11-09-16/1253:12> »

Explosives I'll leave to Al

As has been an recent issue, I'm out....if we can get more, I could swap some in for one of my long arms.
But I'd have to do them as pre-packaged charges, or else you get into counting detonators and all that crap.

Commlinks and tool kits also very tempting, but Al's not going without his cigarettes...unless non-game-effect personal items are like, say, socks, and don't count against the limit....

Please let me know....

Now I guess I have to decide on Al's Roman-era Brittania equivalent...hmmm, woodsman? tinker? village idiot?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4637 on: <11-09-16/1304:54> »
As I said: We are going shopping (and one week is more than enough time to cook your favorite explosives ;) )

And if anyone is a blue colored pict that made Hadrians Wall necessary, it's Al  ;D
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4638 on: <11-09-16/1320:57> »
Yeah, I was thinking of a Pict, but Al doesn't go in for make-up much - too girlie.
Now, if the blue were inked in....

But for the explosives i did just get some ranks in Chemistry if you're serious about doing some cooking...but would it be safer down here or up top (with the police after us)?

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4639 on: <11-09-16/1431:17> »
How does it work with Spirits? Would bound spirit count as a weapon? equipment? or should I need three of them to be in tune?
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4640 on: <11-09-16/1459:10> »
Yeah, I was thinking of a Pict, but Al doesn't go in for make-up much - too girlie.
Now, if the blue were inked in....

But for the explosives i did just get some ranks in Chemistry if you're serious about doing some cooking...but would it be safer down here or up top (with the police after us)?

I don't think the police will be able to close off every exit from Below (especially not inside the containment zone). We'll check the news feeds/contacts if they are still hunting for us in full force (or what they have on us). If the coast is clear we can go shopping, otherwise we'll just have to shell out for delivery.

And no offence, but "some ranks in Chemistry" is not enough if you want to cook explosives ;D
Disposable Drones are the way to go for me.

Edit: Finished my shopping list

[spoiler=Shopping List]
Full helmet    500¥
 +Transys Avalon   5000¥
 ++hot sim module   250¥
 ++Programm Carrier (Virtual Machine)   1400¥
 ++Agent 4   8000¥
 +Thermographic Vision   500¥
 +Smartlink   2000¥
 +Flare Comp   250¥
 +Trodes   70¥
 +YNT Softweave   1000¥
 +Autoinjector   1500¥
 +Vision Magnification   250¥

Riot shield    1500¥
 +Shock Weave    1000¥
 +Easy breakdown (powered)   1250¥
 +Pulse Weave    3000¥
 +Personalized grip   100¥
 +Custom look   300¥

Essy Motors DroneMaster   16000¥
x8 HORIZON LITTLE BUDDY    16000¥
 +Swarm Software   600¥
 +Chemistry (Restricted)    3000¥
 +Demolitions (Restricted)    3000¥
 +Hardware    3000¥
 +Armorer   3000¥
RELOADING DRONE    4500¥
 +illegal Armorer autosoft    250¥
 +Pilot 4   3200¥
Shop (Explosives)   5000¥
Hardware Kit   500¥
Armorer Kit   500¥

36 kg TNT raw-material   3600¥

Total   90020¥

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-09-16/1656:13> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4641 on: <11-09-16/1831:10> »

And no offence, but "some ranks in Chemistry" is not enough if you want to cook explosives ;D
Disposable Drones are the way to go for me.

Yeah, silly me, I bought some Chemistry partly because I thought I'd need it if I ever wanted to cook my own plastique, but now I look again at the rules you just use Demolitions. Oh well, still happy to have Chem to round out Al's array of tech skills.

Anyway, if it's Demo to cook explosives, then I've got a base pool of 12 dice - reckon with a shop and materials Al can cook anything up on less than a day.

But if you want to do the robot thing, more time sitting and drinking beer for Al.

I've also got a few kilos of low-grade plastique back at my place, if we're going topside anyway...though not as much as I'd like...

Most importantly, where are we going to get the gear slots to bring this stuff?
(Unless I don't need to use up slots for my lighter and cigarettes....Aria?)

Anyway, Jack, let me know which way you want to go on the bomb-making. If you do want Al to help, I'll spring for the shop (or hell, why not a facility?), since I'll be happy to add it to my new place anyway. No robots allowed there, though!

Robots are almost as bad as hippies!

adamu

« Reply #4642 on: <11-09-16/1841:02> »
@Aria - if you are planning on jumping us IC straight into the metaplane thing, I guess we should go over what we can achieve in the intervening week.

Sounds like won't be time to RP through it all, sooo...

I'll assume I can heal three lousy boxes of Stun damage in a week, Insomnia or not.

How about Edge - technically it's a point per "fulfilling meal" (I assume soyritos count) and a good night's sleep (what is with this eight-hour requirement - what sort of milquetoasts write this stuff - my wimpy real life self hasn't slept eight straight hours in years, and I am pretty sure Al never has when not hospitalized or something).
Anyway, that would pretty much fully refresh us after a week...cool?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4643 on: <11-10-16/0847:59> »
I can jump ahead but was going to let you play out some of this week if you want...or not, as you like!  I merely mentioned that I've started penning the 'big intro' scene...along with the DoA scene...would be quite handy if they didn't coincide  ::)

Yes, edge will all be back by the time you go to the metaplane!  Stun will be gone, not sure there are any physical wounds?!?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4644 on: <11-11-16/0551:14> »
Anyway, if it's Demo to cook explosives, then I've got a base pool of 12 dice - reckon with a shop and materials Al can cook anything up on less than a day.

But if you want to do the robot thing, more time sitting and drinking beer for Al.

I've also got a few kilos of low-grade plastique back at my place, if we're going topside anyway...though not as much as I'd like...

Most importantly, where are we going to get the gear slots to bring this stuff?
(Unless I don't need to use up slots for my lighter and cigarettes....Aria?)

Anyway, Jack, let me know which way you want to go on the bomb-making. If you do want Al to help, I'll spring for the shop (or hell, why not a facility?), since I'll be happy to add it to my new place anyway. No robots allowed there, though!

Robots are almost as bad as hippies!

Since we are now on downtime description, let me just explain how my bot shop works:
Pilot 4 + Autosoft 6 + 8 Swarm Support = 18 dice.
For eases of handling (and because it's machines doing the work autonomous) I'll just buy hits: 4+4+4+3+3 at 30 minutes each for the required 16 hits is 2.5 hours per kilo of explosives.
Since the bots can work round the clock it's 90 hours of work for 36 kilos of TNT, so a little less than 4 days of work.
(I extrapolated the strength of TNT to 8, since in the real world it's exactly doubly as effective as Ammoniumnitrat)

How it looks is that the reloading drone handles the heavy lifting while the child anthro drones assist (I'd expect the fumes from the nitrification acid to slowly erode their human looking appearance, turning them into a small horror show  ;D )

To house that stuff I'll pay a Bolt Hole Lifestyle with special work area for a month or so. That should be enough material to get Al going (through walls) again
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4645 on: <11-11-16/0629:46> »
Dude - sounds like you've got it all worked out - coolness.

I will come up with something else useful for Al to do for a week (so many vehicles to own, so little time...).

But yeah, I thought we were about to start the down-week, but seems we may still have something to do with Below...goodness only knows what the mimes want...

For the explosives, though, still worried about equipment slots...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4646 on: <11-14-16/0805:57> »
Ok, DoA is up and running, with a separate OoC for clarity!

Re. CoF...how much of this week do you want to RP?  Would you rather I gloss over the next couple of days and go to the Lyonesse scene?

Outstanding qus (yell if there are more!):
1. Explosives count as a weapon slot, and obviously you need to be able to carry it all so 50kg might be a bit unrealistic (and obvious!)
2. Cigarettes are so much a part of Al that I don't think I'll make you use a slot on them...of course in the metaplane metaphor they will manifest as tobacco and a pipe which I'm sure will be disconcerting   >:(

errr...I think that was it?!?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4647 on: <11-14-16/0825:10> »
For my part we can skip to the departure day.

And it's only 36 Kilos of TNT, which I don't expect Al to take all with him (10kg are more reasonable and hopefully enough)

Also, I'm spending 35 Karma to raise my Strength from 6 to 7

If Aria allows I'll also add a quick Initiation in the form of a heart to heart between Isaint and his patron for 25 Karma (We should really start a group for initiation discounts)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4648 on: <11-14-16/0843:00> »
Would prefer an Initiation to be RP'd...although you don't necessarily need GM input in any way...so, if you manage to pen a suitable heart to heart you are good to go!  After all I'm sure you are swimming in karma by now  ::)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4649 on: <11-14-16/1204:23> »
Well I'd written it so went ahead and posted... we can handle much else ooc or in flashbacks or whatever!

Please feel free to start embracing the Anarchy esque story telling RP here too!