NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #4590 on: <10-25-16/0837:54> »
Just want to add that I love the blinding irony in Al's speech  ;D  fab stuff!

Glad you like it - he's a character 13 years in the making now and I hope that is paying off.

From the beginning one of the core ideas was for him to be simultaneously the smartest and the stupidest guy in the room.

adamu

« Reply #4591 on: <10-25-16/0844:24> »
Oh they have a use for nuyen, they aren't completely shut off from the overworld - it's just that it is less valuable down here than topside, and for really exotic stuff (milspec stuff) they can command a higher price!  Favours are a lot more valuable than nuyen, it's why you are in this mess with the Old One in the first place after all!  ;D

Sure, I understand.

Favors is one thing I thought of, but I sort of feel like I'm cheating if I get all that plastique for a favor, since realistically it is unlikely anyone will ever have the time to GM a run where the guy cashes it in.

I was also thinking that a thriving marketplace must have some sort of economic lubricant (money) or it wouldn't be functional, and Al's knowledge skill for down here would probably let him know what that was, so I was thinking of locating somewhere I could trade nuyen at an exorbitant rate for whatever works as a medium of exchange down here.

Or, just pay some crazy mark-up if I use nuyen...

Or...
Or...

Whatever I make up, since it involves giving myself something, I'll run by you first before I post anything IC!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4592 on: <10-28-16/1524:39> »
Ok, rather than going backwards and forwards I propose to give you an OoC response and then let you lot write around that, including for the NPCs!  See, I've clearly got the Anarchy bug :P

As I may or may not have mentioned before (?!?) she will tell you that the Flowers always get married on Lyonesse!  This is a mythical isle that rose from the waters of the English Channel somewhere towards the South West of England (I think...)... it has a heavy military presence/ cordon  (natch) and nobody goes there!  So how you might ask...well there's a portal in the astral shallows that you all waded through in your first jaunt in to Below...so won't that be nice?!? 8)  If you want to get really technical they get married on a metaplane that represents Lyonesse...don't say I don't take you to all the fun places!  Will borrow heavily from the Court of Shadows sourcebook but it isn't the fey plane!  Well...maybe... ;D

Now it is conceivable that you will tell her to rack off but she will point out that for the other Flowers to ratify the marriage it should be done as 'properly' as possible!  Now you might argue also that this is being done to bring them back in to balance with the other Houses and they should suck it up...and that is of course your prerogative!  As I said, I'm happy for your own creativity to go to town here and come up with some locations that might be fun to take the story to...

So go wild!  I'll be sure to make wherever you choose as 'interesting' as possible 8)

As ever I will try and answer OoC questions but no IC from me for the weekend...sorry
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4593 on: <10-28-16/1924:39> »
No end to the fun!

Rules query for all you SR5 encyclopedias - do you take gear with you through these portals? I am guessing yes, unless the Flowers are all into nudist weddings...

No - coming back to me now - it's not a portal to the real island, right? It's a portal to a metaplaner parallel of the island, so all that goes with us is our mental attributes and our astral self-image...?

Could save us the big shopping/bomb-making trip we had planned...

If we even go for this Lyonesse thing, I guess....

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4594 on: <10-29-16/0156:33> »
Something like that! Interesting fact, there's even a representation of the matrix there so Robyn won't be unfairly penalised!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4595 on: <10-29-16/0256:28> »
Something like that! Interesting fact, there's even a representation of the matrix there so Robyn won't be unfairly penalised!

Whoa - cool. So if there's representations of the matrix, does that mean there are represntations of ballistic and pyrotechnic effects as well?!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4596 on: <10-29-16/0739:30> »
Hahaha... no. 8)

Isaint would leave pretty much all his advantages behind in astral travel. Not to mention what would happen with all those empty bodies down there. (We do have a bunch of shadow spirits after us just waiting for such an opportunity).
If they want that kind of ceremony, they can have it after the official one in the real world has happened (or we can do a run on the real world island for the marriage - that would sound like a lot of fun actually)  ;D

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4597 on: <10-29-16/1333:16> »
Hahaha... no. 8)

Isaint would leave pretty much all his advantages behind in astral travel.

Yeah, that's what I'd thought.
Just the thing about there being a matrix-thing there made me think this particular case might be an exception...

Either way is cool with me anyway. I think both would be fun.

adamu

« Reply #4598 on: <10-29-16/1334:23> »
Ok, rather than going backwards and forwards I propose to give you an OoC response and then let you lot write around that, including for the NPCs!  See, I've clearly got the Anarchy bug :P

So go wild!  I'll be sure to make wherever you choose as 'interesting' as possible 8)

Cool - well, I'll put something up to get this process started....

adamu

« Reply #4599 on: <10-29-16/1627:28> »
Al's not wearing any hair product, make-up, or any clothing item he deems 'girly'.

And no way he's taking that jacket off.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4600 on: <10-29-16/1646:01> »
Paper bag over the head it is  ;D
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4601 on: <10-29-16/1658:51> »
Well, as long as you poke some eye-holes in it!

adamu

« Reply #4602 on: <11-03-16/0927:58> »
@CoF -

well, seems like a bit of an impasse.

I know Aria said to run the NPCs in this negotiation. And I think we've all done that fairly well. But now apparently deadlocked...

From here I don't know where it will go.
Or who (player? GM?) will make it go there.

Just to lay out where I stand:

IC - Al doesn't want to go on any weired astral journey, but, end of the day, he'll do whatever Isaint does, since teammate solidarity is the only reason he's even down here.

OOC - personally, I think the astral adventure the GM has planned for us sounds like a super lot of fun.

So waiting to see what happens next!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4603 on: <11-03-16/0954:32> »
Going there in astral would be a neat experience.  Of course, there is bound to be something that goes wrong, but oh well.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4604 on: <11-03-16/1137:48> »
You know the curse: May you live in interesting times!  ;D

From Isaint's perspective there is at the moment to much whip and too little carrot to actually go to the astral.

Of course, if that solution would also take care of the other problems we face (get an official, get all relevant witnesses and security) he'd consider it.
But at the moment that option looks like just another complication and one where we can't even use the concert disguise we planned.

After all we can't invite a large crowd to the astral, or take instruments, or security measures, or any of the dozens of other things we usually have in the meat world.
talk think matrix