NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4530 on: <10-10-16/0849:48> »
Maybe, but thanks to a bit of edge the R8 Nightmare is no more (and a real close thing it was: Isaint's Phys Limit is 10)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4531 on: <10-10-16/0850:55> »
(For those who miss this on DS) Quick internal roll call: I'm considering running a one off Anarchy pbp if I can get some committed players (and I can justify more time spent on pbp :P)

I don't think you need to be particularly familiar with the rules, there aren't too many, but it would obviously help!  I'm working up an excel generator which should enable anyone to create a character even without the book.

It will be set in the 2075/6 game world somewhere, probably something that doesn't require a lot of legwork!

Almost certainly played on Dumpshock!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4532 on: <10-10-16/1012:37> »
I do not have a clue what Anarchy is.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4533 on: <10-10-16/1025:03> »
The new, recently published, rules-light/dumbed down rule system for Shadowrun, based on the Space Patrol system.

Haven't got the PDF yet and don't know if I should.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4534 on: <10-10-16/1133:23> »

I think Al still has a 1.3 action before we start 2.1!?

Actually, he's still got 1.2 and 1.3.

I've been trying to hold off on those until we get 1.1 from Obi.
He and Dire's characters have strongly influenced the fight, and I just have felt like no point in doing my 1.2 when it would be heavily affected their actions in 1.1.

I probably won't be able to do anything complicated tonight.
If Obi hasn't posted by tomorrow night I'll go ahead and do Al for 1.2 and, if it seems appropriate based on how far others have got, 1.3.

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #4535 on: <10-11-16/0140:45> »
Yukika 1.2 Stab a Nightmare Spirit
At the time Yukika chooses to act.
Succubus near Al, Robyn and the Hound
Nightmare near Tamsyn and her guards
Isaint near a Succubus?
Deckard is clear of materialized spirits
Given the situation Yukika Stabs the Nightmare spirit near Tamsyn and her guards, leaving Al to protect Robyn.
Stab Nightmare Blades 6 + Agi 4 + Knive 2 + Focus 3 = 15: 15d6t5 4
Nightmare Melee Defense F6 = Rea 8 + 6 = 14d6: 14d6t5 6
Edge Reroll Failures: 11d6t5 3
Net 1 Hit, 6P -1 AP Base and the Electricty Aura adds 6DV = 12DV -1AP + -5 Init +1 Penalty on all actions and defense tests(I am assuming only one fo the Electrcity Aura or Elemental Weapon Electricity effects matter, not both)
Spirit Damage Resist Body + Armor, Immunity to Normal Weapons does not apply, Yukika is using a weapon focus
11D6 to Resist 12DV
Nightmare resist 12DV: 11d6t5 3
Spirit takes 9 DV Physical and loses 5 init and is -1 to defense and actions.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4536 on: <10-11-16/0821:29> »
The new, recently published, rules-light/dumbed down rule system for Shadowrun, based on the Space Patrol system.

Dumbed down is a bit harsh :P  It would make the current combat a walk in the park to run as it does away with a lot of the complications of SR in favour of storytelling... in fact it operates quite like we are running Run! in that the players get a much more significant role in controlling the direction of the story with the GM there to nudge things along!

Will try and get the character generator done soon and you can take a look and see if it might appeal!?

adamu

« Reply #4537 on: <10-11-16/1732:18> »

Given the situation Yukika Stabs the Nightmare spirit near Tamsyn and her guards, leaving Al to protect Robyn.

Hah! I don't think Robyn needs much protection - I was totally wrong about that whip of hers! Go girls!

adamu

« Reply #4538 on: <10-11-16/1816:15> »
Okay, sorry about my anal-ness making me wait.

Sifting through the latest OOC, IC, and the Log, I believe there are only two Materialized shadows left for me to engage, a Succubus 8 near me and a Wraith 6 near Yukika.

(Correct me if I'm wrong - the Log is not fully up-to-date, and I think some spirits have been double-killed - which is totally cool given the chaos of this melee!).

I think I actually have pretty much zero chance of hitting one of these - they are nasty on Full D!!! - but can't hurt to try, plus my attacks will mean Friend in Melee bonuses plus stack bonuses for the shadow having defended against multiple attacks, if you time it right.

A dirty fighter, Al will go for the one near Yukika - won't give myself charging bonus cuz you gotta be Running to get that and I'm not sure we've got room for that (plus Al never likes to do anything in a hurry if he can help it), but if it's concentrating on Yukika I'll give myself the +2 for superior position.
So I'll go with 15 dice...(I go before the suppressive fire on IP2, and by the time I go on IP3 the suppressive fire will be gone thanks to Isaint, so I should never face the -3 mod).
Same center + called shot vitals combo with my melee complex action.
Melee Wraith 6 on IP2: 15d6t5 5

Now with its full-D it rolls 22 dice
Defense in IP2 for Wraith 6 near Yukika: 22d6t5 4
Whoa - a miracle!
Okay, I'm doing 10P and it has no armor vs spirit claw, so it soaks with 6 dice
url=http://orokos.com/roll/444669]Soak vs. Al's 1 net success[/url]: 6d6t5 1
Hmmm - this is making up for the succubus's 14 hits on me earlier...
But it's still standing with one box left.

Then since I'm not ducking the suppressive fire I need to roll to see if I get hit...
Avoids suppressive fire: 15d6t5 1
What?!?!?!?
Okay, still almost no Edge left, so I'll have soak the armor-piercing damage...
Soaking suppressive fire: 13d6t5 5
Okay, 2 boxes of stun, bringing me to 3, so -1, so I lose my action on IP3.

EDIT: Hmmm - about to write IC but...trying to think of how I could've avoided that suppressive fire and thus not lost my third IP...the defense roll is listed as Edge + Reaction. And full D is applicable...so what about Combat Sense - that "instinctive sense" applies to "ranged and melee defense tests"...does it apply here...?
« Last Edit: <10-11-16/1821:42> by adamu »

adamu

« Reply #4539 on: <10-12-16/1346:34> »
Cuz the more I think about it, the more it seems clear that Combat Sense should apply...but Suppressive Fire is an unusual case, and I don't want to rule in my own favor on anything controversial. Plus I'd also like to know for future reference.

Any thoughts, Aria?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4540 on: <10-12-16/1403:59> »
Hm, reading the rules text for combat sense:

"defending against ranged and melee attacks, you get a +1 dice pool bonus to defense tests per level of this power"

yeah, it probably applies, as it doesn't specify it needs to be a REA+INT defense test.

By the way, Ini Round 2
Ini Round 2: 16+4d6 33 [4d6=6, 2, 3, 6]
Isaint's getting faster

Drain Resist to Adrenalin Boost from the round before: Ini Round 2: 14d6t5 3
No Drain
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4541 on: <10-12-16/1645:03> »

Dumbed down is a bit harsh :P  It would make the current combat a walk in the park to run as it does away with a lot of the complications of SR in favour of storytelling... in fact it operates quite like we are running Run! in that the players get a much more significant role in controlling the direction of the story with the GM there to nudge things along!

Will try and get the character generator done soon and you can take a look and see if it might appeal!?

As promised: <<CG A.01>>

adamu

« Reply #4542 on: <10-12-16/1907:59> »
Hm, reading the rules text for combat sense:

"defending against ranged and melee attacks, you get a +1 dice pool bonus to defense tests per level of this power"

Mirrors my thinking, you're the rulesmeister, and Aria didn't contradict...

So odds are STILL against after my one-hit-in-15-dice roll, but I'll give it a shot....
Adding Combat Sense to Suppression Defense Roll: 4d6t5 0
Well, that makes it one hit out of 19 dice, which must be some kind of record, so worth the exercise!

adamu

« Reply #4543 on: <10-12-16/1922:29> »
My initiative for the next Combat Turn is 29
I rolled a 14 for the Wraith, which is actually 4 assuming it stays on Full-D.

First action will be to attack the near-dead wraith assuming no one gets to it before me.
My centering will cover the wound mod.

Hey, spirits can move ignoring gravity, but can they still get knocked on their ass? That's force directed against them. And knockdown is automatic if you take ten boxes from one hit, which it did.
So until it has a turn to move, it's down.

So I'll keep superior position, and this time drop my initiative to 24 to use my Full Offense Maneuver, for 17 dice.
After its wound, second attack, and prone mods it has 14 to resist, assuming it stays on Full-D.
Attacking Wraith again: 17d6t5 6
Defsnse against Al: 16d6t5 3
Wraith soak: 6d6t5 1

So he's toast at start of next combat turn.

Gotta hit the rack - will put up IC as soon as I can get a few minutes.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4544 on: <10-13-16/0448:24> »
I just noticed: Karasu and Isaint both attacked the same spirit, so it was already wounded when Isaint jumped it in his last ini phase - ergo I didn't have to spend edge

And if I read OP correctly, there is only one materialized spirit remaining: The Succubus trying to turn Al and Robyn into the beast with two backs, right?
talk think matrix