NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #4500 on: <10-05-16/1035:31> »
Apologies for kibitzing, but jumping in about barriers.

For what it is worth, I’m pretty sure that RAW about barriers is that you can re-locate them as a complex action, but that you don’t get to slide them around.  Which gets really confusing when you start looking at points of reference (if you are in a moving truck and cast a barrier between you and a hijacker, does it move with the truck, or is it anchored to its position relative to the gaia-sphere?), so choosing not to go with RAW is not crazy.

However, the alternatives also have their issues.  I think the main alternatives are either you anchor the spell to something, and the spell moves as its anchor moves, or the caster can slide it around as a complex action.  But in these cases you start to hit questions like: can you ram someone with the barrier?  How fast can you slide a mentally controlled barrier?  If someone pushes on an anchored barrier, does that push on the anchor?  Etc.  (The shaman in my home game views barriers as the default answer to most situations, so we’ve spent a lot of time looking at RAW and possible house rules – personally in the end I decided to go with RAW, but there are good arguments for and against most of the solutions.  Although I will point out that with mentally controlled sliding barriers you allow a flying carpet effect.  At the least with the RAW solution you need two barriers to step in front of each other before you can walk across gaps).

adamu

« Reply #4501 on: <10-05-16/1041:36> »
It helped for the last big battle so I've put a round summary up on OP which you are free to amend etc as you declare actions roll D etc!

https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/wikis/gardens-of-dis

Uber-useful.

Aria, as in previous skirmishes, do you want us to roll the defense/soak for the evildoers we attack?

On that, you mentioned earlier that the shadows were all on Full-Defense. Is that still the case (add that onto their defense rolls)?
If so, then that is one IP to Materialize and then they can attack on IP2, but that will be it for them, having lost 10 from their initiatives...

Apples and oranges to me....

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4502 on: <10-05-16/1051:11> »
 Yes please! And if you can keep the OP updated that will be great too!

Yes, they are on full def as they materialise, assuming some live through the whole round they may reconsider  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4503 on: <10-05-16/1317:21> »
Cool - harder to kill, but one less attack from all of them.

Eager as I am to make another attack, I'd best hold off on my IP2 action until all other players' IP1 actions are resolved.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4504 on: <10-05-16/1725:38> »
Are they going into melee or do they keep trying to use their signature powers on us?
If you want I'll handle Isaint's Succubus rolls
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4505 on: <10-05-16/1738:10> »
Powers not melee, they want to split you up...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4506 on: <10-05-16/1755:50> »
Done.
Added my second action since it made for a nice combo - seems like the Dragon Slayer is in fact guiding Isaint's hand against his arch nemesis (beautiful smart women) ;D
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4507 on: <10-06-16/0307:28> »
I need some help, please.  I do not understand the spirit stuff at all, so can someone please roll the defense of the creature I just swung at?  I probably need some help with Al2 as well.  He can bite or breathe.  If someone can do this for me, I will learn and hopefully not ask such questions again.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4508 on: <10-06-16/0452:51> »
No problem.

Since they are materialized they are using the physical stats Aria provided:

B A R S W L I C M ESS EDG
F F+3 F+2 F F+1 F F+1 F+2 F F F/2

In that case Rea=F+2 + Int=F+1 + Full defense Wil= F+1
At R 6 that's 22 defense dice.
Since you are using your Mono Whip with Reach 2, that is reduced to 20 defense:
Defense: 20d6t5 4

You hit with 2 net successes for 14 DV AP -8

The spirit has Body 6 + Hardened Armor 12, reduced to 4 through AP
4 hardened Armor is 2 auto successes
Soak Roll: Soak: 10d6t5 2
Total DV 10, Spirit has one Box of Physical damage left
Spirit loses 3 Ini and has -3 to its dp (except soak)

Assuming your hell hound attacks the same one as you:
He has Unarmed 3 + Agi 4
He can charge the Spirit for a +2, +1 for Robyn in melee
Bite: DV 7
Attack: 10d6t5 7[10d6t5=4, 6, 5, 4, 6, 5, 4, 5, 6, 6]
Admirable

Spirit has 22 defense, -3 Wound, -1 for previous attack
Defense: 18d6t5 7 [18d6t5=2, 6, 2, 5, 6, 6, 4, 4, 1, 4, 2, 1, 2, 1, 5, 5, 4, 6]
Damn it. So close.
You could spend a point of edge to finish the spirit off. You'd need only one more success

talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4509 on: <10-06-16/0950:25> »
@Jack  Thanks for that.  I pre-edged my attack so I don't think I can use another point.  But the hound's bite is AP-1, so would that reduce the soak dice by another one?  If so, the last die was a six.  If you take that away, the spirit only soaked 6 damage, not seven and is gone?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4510 on: <10-06-16/1005:13> »
Sadly no. The spirit only has (hardened) armor against mundane attacks, but since the hound is dual natured and has a critter attack power, the spirit only soaked with his body which isn't affected by AP.
Also: In general it's more opportune to use edge to reroll failures than to pre-edge when your dicepool is at least double as large as your edge.
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4511 on: <10-07-16/1201:28> »
OP updated!

adamu

« Reply #4512 on: <10-07-16/1434:08> »
OP updated!

Excited to be moving forward.

I've noted Al's initiative for subsequent IPs on the log page.
But I still plan to wait to declare my IP2 actions until we get resolution of IP1 for Rick and Yukika - this is just too dangerous a fight for me not to want to eke any advantage they provide.

Aria, about the Iron Company girls, what is the initiative of the shooting girl?
Also, I know it's cool storytelling, but because Al has quite enough to worry about, can I point out that she dropped an item (Free), readied a weapon (Simple), and then did Suppressive Fire (Complex) in one action?
She could certainly do it on her next IP (and do we have stats for her, as her number of successes on the suppressive fire is critical to the effect).

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4513 on: <10-07-16/1713:02> »
The charging bit was fluff, she kept her smg in her hand!

They are still rookies, but of a paramilitary House...perhaps Police officer stats?!

adamu

« Reply #4514 on: <10-07-16/1815:06> »
The charging bit was fluff, she kept her smg in her hand!

They are still rookies, but of a paramilitary House...perhaps Police officer stats?!

Cool, we can use the patrol officers from p383 in the core book. Switch their weapons to as you desribed (combat knife, HK-227 okay? smartlinks on wireless plus the listed goggles), and Clubs for Blades, Pistols for Automatics.

I rolled a 12 for their Initiative, and will put that on the Log so we know when the suppressive fire goes into effect.
Here is her suppressive fire roll:
Suppressive fire on team: 9d6t5 3