NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4485 on: <10-04-16/1724:43> »
Except they move physically much much faster than you sacks of meat...they will stay on your tails, and we've seen that barriers don't do all that much to concerted efforts to break them down?!?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4486 on: <10-04-16/1731:32> »
Yeah, that's why this has to go fast: They need a complex action either to break the barrier or to pass through.
But since they must spend their first action manifesting, they are trapped for about 1 second to 0.75 seconds within the barrier. If we manage to move out of the blast radius (-2 DV/m = 16 m) during that first ini pass we can make it.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4487 on: <10-04-16/1827:13> »
Go for it!

Even if some get away, it'll make them think twice about swarming us.

If Rick Levitates himself, can't anyone fast just pull him along weightlessly?

Speaking of one at a time, it might not be a long-term solution, but if I can pick one off or wound it, it won't impact my ability to high-tail it out of there on your signal, and if it prevents one weird compulsion/confusion/fear attack, it'll be worth it.

And anyway, if Isaint, Al, Rick, Yukika, her Spirit, the hellhound, Ethereal, Tamsyn, etc. heck, even Robyn with her whip on a small one, all take out one at a time, it won't really take long to kill them all....there are actually almost as many of us as them, and most of us magical....

But I still like your grenade plan best!!!

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4488 on: <10-04-16/2228:53> »
Being part of the EvilGMtm Guild, I can say that the grenade could lead to some serious repercution and complications. It could very easily set the whole garden ablaze,  no?
That could really jeopardize the rest of the mission...

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4489 on: <10-04-16/2253:26> »
Frag.  I am afraid just watching you guys post this.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #4490 on: <10-05-16/0107:25> »
Deckard & Yukika: Energy Drain [Karma/Magic Use]: Willpower + Magic [Mental] (10 – target’s Essence/
Force, 1 minute) Extended Test… this seems to be uncontested?!?  Not sure how the mana barrier works, as a –ve D modifier?!  A force 7 and 6 respectively

Mana Barrier 12d6t5: 12d6t5 4
Energy Drain Karma F6 W7 Magic 6 13d6t5 (4): 13d6t5 5
So 1 net hit, so in one minute we roll again.Eventually unless the spirit is interrupted Yukika loses a Karma point.

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
« Reply #4491 on: <10-05-16/0121:05> »

Being part of the EvilGMtm Guild, I can say that the grenade could lead to some serious repercution and complications. It could very easily set the whole garden ablaze,  no?
That could really jeopardize the rest of the mission...

Not to mention Below is underground, which implies confined spaces.

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
« Reply #4492 on: <10-05-16/0136:49> »
Catching up, trying to get a sense of what available actions we have. Do we have actions to do as the Barrier went up, and as it is destroyed?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4493 on: <10-05-16/0207:22> »
2-3 rounds passed so an eternity of actions  ::)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4494 on: <10-05-16/0314:04> »
As I told adamu in a PM:

I have no problems with tearing this place apart if it means keeping the team save and disrupting a bunch of dangerous shadow spirits.

I was under the impression that the roof in the gardens is a lot higher than in the tunnels, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Still, I'll probably leave that plan in my pocket, since the spirits might try to get some interrupt actions in if they manifest in melee distance. Those can be avoided with another interrupt action on our part, but that leaves a bit to much to chance for my taste.
Worse, I can't guarantee to get Rick out of the blast radius fast enough. Therefore it's probably going to be a melee after all.

talk think matrix

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4495 on: <10-05-16/0354:30> »
Haha, I'm sure ISaint would rather go for the fire, let's keep this plan as an option though...

Now, can Deckard move the Mana Barrier he has created? for example move the dome a few meters in front of the Shadows? Would it reappear or intersect with whatever is in the way? (i'd go with reapear somewhere else, else it would be a fantastic  attack spell against spirit!)

Here is my plan. Yukika's summon a spirit that can give the group Movement power. Deckard summon a spirit of Man with the Spell Mana Barrier, and ask him to cast it repetitively on the Astral Plane to block, delay the Shadows. Deckard will do the same (Cast Mana Barrier, and Physical Barrier to confuse them) over and over on the Physical Plan. That is bound to seriously delay them. Once they break a Barrier another will pop up. That should give enough time for most of the crew to get away, And I'm thinking Robyn makes sure the Principle and her two guards are safe. Don't care mich for the Elf, but looks like she's charismatic enough to deserve to be safe.

The law of Dice will want Deckard to get tired, but ISaint and All can stick around to assist in retreating and fending of the few spirits who will get through no matter what.

If all else fail, it will certainly impede on their ability to control us or Drain us

What do you think?.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4496 on: <10-05-16/0439:50> »
Yeah, that could actually work: You can cast two barriers with reckless casting (just make them low enough force to not kill you with drain) per ini phase. No matter how puny its force is, the spirits still have to waste one complex action to demolish it. Likewise, every barrier must be penetrated by the spirits confusion powers, resulting in a severe weakening. Add to that the Spirit of Man, you can cast 3 barriers per phase for a total of 9 barrier in one round (assuming 3 ini phases for you two)
Just make sure to allow the dog and our foci to pass through and we are golden.

The upkeep will be hard, but I think I can keep you going with a bit of Leadership
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4497 on: <10-05-16/0800:28> »
As I told adamu in a PM:

I have no problems with tearing this place apart if it means keeping the team save and disrupting a bunch of dangerous shadow spirits.

I was under the impression that the roof in the gardens is a lot higher than in the tunnels, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Still, I'll probably leave that plan in my pocket, since the spirits might try to get some interrupt actions in if they manifest in melee distance. Those can be avoided with another interrupt action on our part, but that leaves a bit to much to chance for my taste.
Worse, I can't guarantee to get Rick out of the blast radius fast enough. Therefore it's probably going to be a melee after all.
The roof is higher than the tunnels sure, but 16m up is a stretch!  I'd say it's somewhere between 4 and 6m above the ground here, that's still quite spacious but any huge blast will be bouncing back!  Also this place is damp rather than tinder dry but you may well start a fire... but as you say, what do you care? Provided the ceiling doesn't fall in on you!  ::)

They will be manifesting in amongst you...that's inevitable given how close you are to each other

Haha, I'm sure ISaint would rather go for the fire, let's keep this plan as an option though...

Now, can Deckard move the Mana Barrier he has created? for example move the dome a few meters in front of the Shadows? Would it reappear or intersect with whatever is in the way? (i'd go with reapear somewhere else, else it would be a fantastic  attack spell against spirit!)

Here is my plan. Yukika's summon a spirit that can give the group Movement power. Deckard summon a spirit of Man with the Spell Mana Barrier, and ask him to cast it repetitively on the Astral Plane to block, delay the Shadows. Deckard will do the same (Cast Mana Barrier, and Physical Barrier to confuse them) over and over on the Physical Plan. That is bound to seriously delay them. Once they break a Barrier another will pop up. That should give enough time for most of the crew to get away, And I'm thinking Robyn makes sure the Principle and her two guards are safe. Don't care mich for the Elf, but looks like she's charismatic enough to deserve to be safe.

The law of Dice will want Deckard to get tired, but ISaint and All can stick around to assist in retreating and fending of the few spirits who will get through no matter what.

If all else fail, it will certainly impede on their ability to control us or Drain us

What do you think?.
I'd say you can move the barrier but it stays up the whole time rather than appearing and disappearing, so you can use it to shunt a spirit but not cut them in half!  That said I've got no RAW reference one way or the other, it just seems sensible, after all it's an area affect armour spell (or used to be anyway) and that moves with you!  Maybe I ought to go and look it up...just so busy reading Anarchy at the moment :P

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4498 on: <10-05-16/0822:54> »
It helped for the last big battle so I've put a round summary up on OP which you are free to amend etc as you declare actions roll D etc!

https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/wikis/gardens-of-dis

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4499 on: <10-05-16/1013:00> »
Robyn is initiative 14 so moves last.  She will be attacking one of the three spirits that are trying to surround Deckard.  She gets 6 hits on the whip attack, so I hope it is enough to strike the spirit without hitting anyone else.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>