Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4455 on: <10-03-16/1646:18> »
Critter powers aren't spells though?!?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4456 on: <10-03-16/1647:26> »
Not that I object to you getting resistance D...

adamu

« Reply #4457 on: <10-03-16/1652:52> »
@Mercy - I think we are meant to roll for the Spirits' attacks ourselves.

And my sense from the IC is that, having pulled back to a safe distance, they are not penalized by Arthur's suppressive fire.
So yours would attack you with 18 dice.

Here is the attack on Al
Shadow's lust attack on Al: 14d6t5 8
Dammit - why can't I roll like that for myself!

Sadly, a closer reading of my cool adept power reveals it won't help me on this one...
So here goes my resist
Resist lust: 20d6t5 7
Doh!
Not like I'm swimming in Edge to burn.
But better death than be puppeted around...
Reroll fails...
Reroll failed anti-lust dice: 13d6t5 2
Whew.

Hmmm - just saw Aria's post-while-I-posted....

Definitely needs a GM ruling (and it's clear from above what ruling I need!!!).

But reading the RAW, the barrier blocks spirits - so why not spirits' powers?
More compelling legal argument - "Adept powers and many always-on critter powers are innate and so are unaffected by a barrier" (italics mine).
This strongly suggests that critter powers that are not always on are indeed affected.

adamu

« Reply #4458 on: <10-03-16/1656:07> »
Whoa - the next line makes it more clear - GM has the option to rule those "not always on" powers as affected.

I think I'd best wait for Aria's ruling before posting my IC.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4459 on: <10-03-16/1706:29> »
"Adept powers and many always-on critter powers are innate and so are unaffected by a barrier. The gamemaster has the option to have certain ranged and sustained critter powers (such as Concealment or Movement) suffer the same fate as spells. Mana barriers do not affect their creators, who can see through them or pass through them at will and allow others to do so as well." p. 315f core

Having ranged critter powers not be blocked by mana barriers opens a big can of worms
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4460 on: <10-03-16/1723:41> »
You won't be surprised because Yukika's spirit will see them coming but after a few more rounds letting Arthur waste ammo 9 of the spirits will enter the barrier and barrage you with all sorts of nasty powers...using firearms is going to run the risk of hitting your own! Same could be said for mono whips!  ::)

adamu

« Reply #4461 on: <10-03-16/1842:58> »
You won't be surprised because Yukika's spirit will see them coming but after a few more rounds letting Arthur waste ammo 9 of the spirits will enter the barrier and barrage you with all sorts of nasty powers...using firearms is going to run the risk of hitting your own! Same could be said for mono whips!  ::)

Well, I'll take no-ruling-as-good-ruling for now and assume the barrier works.

Happy to modify my IC if turns out I jumped the gun!

Per my earlier OOC declaration, Al will be holding actions to melee the moment the first one materializes with us.

Jack, will the hot smoke still be with us in "a few more rounds"? (time passage or we move out of it?)
I'll need to mod the specs on my attack if I'm basically blind (assume switching to AR to read your ultrasound will only show me where I'm going, and not negate the blind-attack?)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4462 on: <10-03-16/2046:37> »
Spirit Compulsion Lust:  Spirit Lust Attack: 18d6t5 8   Ouch.  8 hits

Rolling to add the 7d from the barrier:  Barrier Defense Mod Pre-Edged: 7d6h5 6  Holy cow!  6 hits.  Glad I pre-edged the original defense. 

That gives me 12 hits if we get the barrier modification and only 6 if we do not.  I guess Aria's ruling is important here.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4463 on: <10-04-16/0535:53> »
Barrier works fine!

Smoke still around, ought to make the simultaneous arrival of 9 nightmarish spirits suitably 'shit your pants'  ;D

I'll assume ultrasound has at least a chance of seeing a spirit  ::) sharing it via AR is going to be interesting as the POV will be Isaint so I suspect he will need to spend actions flagging targets in AR, doubt an agent could manage that! Against a material foe perhaps, but this is different! Oh, and don't forget your SIM vertigo Al  8)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4464 on: <10-04-16/0604:44> »
Well, all material objects within 20m are tagged automatically - but you need to do a perception test with a limit of 3 to recognize details (or an Electronic Warfare test) so you don't attack one of the people not tagged in our little PAN.
Assuming we are moving at least 8 m (walking rate of AGI 4 for our slowest member) each round and are within a tight 4m radius with Isaint near the center we should leave the smoke cloud in Round 3 (10m radius for Smoke).

Ini Round 2: 16+4d6 28
Ini Round 2: 10+4d6 20

Ini 28:
Simple Action: Activate Weapon Focus
Simple Action: Command Arthur to follow and use his own sensors to improve perception through triangulation (in essence: Make a teamwork test EW to increase the limit for the others)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4465 on: <10-04-16/0736:05> »
Oh, and don't forget your SIM vertigo Al  8)

Wouldn't do it! (as should be clear from my last two ICs!)

Right now I'm just assuming the ultrasound overlay just helps me navigate without bumping into things.

The real question is - when do the spirits come into the barrier?
Aria, you said 'after a few more rounds,' but apparently we'll be out of the smoke by Round 3...

So I'll assume smoke is gone by the time they hit, in which case I drop the AR and no worries.
If they come earlier, the difference will be that I forfeit the called shot and use centering to get rid of both smoke and vertigo penalties.
So same roll, just DV of 8P instead of 10P.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4466 on: <10-04-16/0805:05> »
Yeah, I posted before I'd read the IC  :-[

Ok, sounds like the smoke will be clearing just as they launch their assault...it makes everyone's like a little less complicated that way...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4467 on: <10-04-16/0939:59> »
Just out of curiosity: How far are we from the exit to this delightful little park?

If Rick could create another high force barrier he could just squish the materialized spirits between them and force a disruption, but I fear such a maneuver is a little to complicated to execute right now.  ;D

talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4468 on: <10-04-16/1014:03> »
And yet so very cool...

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4469 on: <10-04-16/1122:25> »
Alyce/Robyn has her own radar and ultrasound sensors.  She can redeploy the whip when the clear the smoke as she will have a better chance of not hurting anyone, but it could still be iffy if we are all within a meter or so of each other.  Maybe it would be best to leave that for emergencies.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>