Drain Resist 2 DV Wil 5 + Cha 6: 11d6t5 5

1 Force 6 Spirit of Man 3 Services
Optional Powers
Electricity Aura Spell, Fear

init 9 + 2d6: 2d6+9 20

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4441 on: <10-02-16/0623:53> »
Mana barrier blocks living stuff and spells right? On the plane it is cast on...? So, you're pretty much stuck in one place as there is no way there is a route that will be wide enough for a *Magic* radius dome to pass between trees...?!?

Jack and Iris are also outside the barrier but you can include the Iron girls and Ethereal in it if you like. Without checking the rules in detail can someone remind me whether the barrier is one way? I think not so your spells will equally be hampered right?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4442 on: <10-02-16/0712:50> »
Living things can pass without problem. Dualnatured things on the other hand are excluded (spirits and active foci), as well as spells and spell like critter powers.

The creator can cast through the barrier at will. It only extends to the mundane or the astral, so summoning spirits isn't affected (those appear in the astral and can than move inside). Likewise, Adept powers can pass through without problems.

The shadow spirits can of course go back into astral, move in our midst and materialize, but then they can't just fly out of reach and we have a chance to hit them while they materialize.

I assume, that we all are within the radius of the barrier with Rick at the center after we spend some movement.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4443 on: <10-02-16/0721:35> »
Ok, bit different from my memory of previous editions  ::)

All inside the barrier except Jack and Iris, mostly because they aren't around to post, but justified by the fact that they were your outlying scouts...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4444 on: <10-02-16/0844:35> »
This is actually one of the scenarios, for which I prepared a contingency plan  ;D
The next step is drawing all the spirits inside and dropping 7 HE grenades, while the team runs for their lives (64 DV AP-8 should deal even with high force spirits)
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4445 on: <10-02-16/1127:02> »
Al2 is dual natured and so is stuck in the barrier, meaning Robyn is as well, but I do not see that as a problem.  Also, Jack, if there is a second line to your last post, it got all smushed or shrunk or something.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4446 on: <10-02-16/1239:13> »
Yes, that's intentional. That sentence contains my super secret solution to deal with almost any problem.
"As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4447 on: <10-03-16/1234:20> »
Let's start with this lot as my first dose of GM nastiness:

Al & Robyn: Compulsion Lust: Magic + Charisma against your Willpower + Logic, a force 6 and 8 respectively

Isaint: Confusion: Magic + Willpower against your Willpower + Logic. Any net hits become a negative dice pool modifier for any action, a force 7

Deckard & Yukika: Energy Drain [Karma/Magic Use]: Willpower + Magic [Mental] (10 – target’s Essence/
Force, 1 minute) Extended Test… this seems to be uncontested?!?  Not sure how the mana barrier works, as a –ve D modifier?!  A force 7 and 6 respectively

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4448 on: <10-03-16/1344:21> »
Robyn Resist F8 Lust:  Resist Lust pre-Edge: 17d6h5 6    6 hits is not too bad.  What happens if I fail?  Strip my clothes off and try to assault Al right here?  Robyn really would not mind that, to be honest,, but not when that risks the lives of her companions.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4449 on: <10-03-16/1443:42> »
Spirit Attack: Confusion: 14d6t5 5
Isaint resist: Resist: 15d6t5 6 [15d6t5=4, 1, 2, 5, 6, 1, 4, 6, 5, 1, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3]

Thank god for Rick and his Mana Barrier

If the power was uncontested prior it now is contested by the Force of the barrier.
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4450 on: <10-03-16/1452:34> »
Maybe I misunderstood what Aria said.  I had thought it was a compulsion: lust effect that was F6 on Al and F8 on Robyn?  Is it a F6 Compulsion and an F8 Lust effect on both Al and Robyn?

Hmm.  Better roll against the F6 just in case:  Resist Compulsion: 11d6t5 5   Ok  5 hits against the Compulsion effect and 6 against the Lust effect.

Hah!  My pre-edged roll against the F8 lust was barely better than my roll against the F6 Compulsion.  Go figure.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4451 on: <10-03-16/1457:53> »
Oh, I just noticed:

The Small Unit Tactics check explicitly gives us 3 dice for defensive actions. That should include resistance tests against mental influence.

@Mercy

I thing it's the first one: One F6 Spirit targets Al and a F8 Robyn.
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4452 on: <10-03-16/1504:08> »
LOL  well, I did rolls for both, just in case.  Do you know how many hits I need to succeed?  Is there a bonus to the roll for the barrier and do I get to roll the extra three dice from the tactics?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4453 on: <10-03-16/1510:54> »
Ahemmm... tactics do not help you resist magical emotional assault, nice try though  ::)

Mercy, you only needed to roll once :)

They are toying with you at the moment, things will get more serious if you keep resisting them  :o

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4454 on: <10-03-16/1528:38> »
Which I intend to do.

Those spirits should not forget that visibility is a double edged sword (and that they can only attack us while they are on the same plane as us) ::) 8)

@Mercy
Yes, you add 7 dice from the barrier

"Anybody trying to cast a spell through a barrier must contend with the Force of the barrier, which is added to the Defense or the Resistance dice pool. If the spell doesn’t normally have an opposed dice pool, the Spellcasting test becomes an Opposed Test against the Force of the barrier. " p.315 Core
talk think matrix