NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #4410 on: <09-28-16/0550:39> »
Once again with Jack all the way.

We stay she can spy on us.

We fight and lose, well, we lose.
We fight and win, the Flowers are after us all over again.

Lose lose lose - and for nothing.

We need to follow the instructions of our leader and walk away now.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4411 on: <09-29-16/0819:43> »
You think it will be that easy?!?  8)  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4412 on: <09-29-16/1004:40> »
My thinking is that someone in the House of Flowers might support this wedding.  Maybe it is her.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4413 on: <09-29-16/1155:25> »
That is a very risky gamble. Isaint will shit bricks if Robyn mentions the wedding
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #4414 on: <09-29-16/1243:50> »
Neither of the couple is in Flowers? I need to pull together a summary of players in this farce. :)

adamu

« Reply #4415 on: <09-29-16/1412:11> »
You think it will be that easy?!?  8)  ::)

No, but we have an inalienable right to at least TRY to avoid a senseless and destructive combat.

adamu

« Reply #4416 on: <09-29-16/1413:34> »
Neither of the couple is in Flowers? I need to pull together a summary of players in this farce. :)

The other girl, the dwarf, is a Flower, right?

All the more reason we do not want to talk to this lady (if she's a Flower, as her tats indicate).

The girls' houses are against the union - ergo, the very reason we are involved.

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #4417 on: <09-29-16/2023:06> »
Dramatis Personae = Cara of House of Flowers and Tamsyn of Iron Company

Why wouldn't any member of the House of Flowers not want us to make their House more Powerful? :)

Hmm, it appears Tamsyn has not left the scene? If she has not left would we leave her alone there?
« Last Edit: <09-29-16/2040:29> by DireRadiant »

adamu

« Reply #4418 on: <09-30-16/0323:37> »

Hmm, it appears Tamsyn has not left the scene? If she has not left would we leave her alone there?

Point taken.

But she's got her two mates with her.

More, I think the protections between houses count for something - doubt a Flower is much threat to a person from the Iron House.

We, however, as non-mole people, have no such standing (except maybe for Robyn, but that didn't even help her at all in a recent story).

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4419 on: <09-30-16/1017:37> »
The thing is, her standing in the First House should have helped her.  But one cannot account for the few people that are insane and do not care.  Not sure yet if this is one of those or one that will pay attention to the "laws" of Below.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4420 on: <09-30-16/1234:18> »
Ok, so a one liner hardly does the situation justice but I want to give you a chance to post over the weekend if you want...

The Nephilim she is referring to are the 13 Shadow Spirits (of various types, including one of my own devising), various forces from 6 - 8, that are bearing down on you... if I get a chance I will do some more IC but I trust you all to suitably shit bricks and then unleash hell on them... just a word, the ones of my devising will use their energy drain power on you all every time you use a magical power, including spells, adept powers, summoning etc... yes, I woke up in a vicious mood this morning  :o ??? 8) ...it's karma drain rather than essence drain so I don't expect it'll kill you, but it does do stun damage too!

Naturally the succubus(i) will gravitate towards Al and Robyn  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4421 on: <09-30-16/1358:02> »
@Aria - yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, this is even worse than feared.

13 F6-8 spirits will give pretty much any team pause!

I have some quick questions I think are criitical to running things going forward:

1: Inactive player roster -  we set this up with four of us in the meet and three on overwatch: Rick, Iris, and Jackhammer. How are we running Iris and Jackhammer? Fortunately, they may not be exposed to the same level of direct attacks we are, so that makes things simpler.
Might I suggest to save all the complications of running them in combat that we agree some sort of trade - say we knock off two spirits for each of them (maybe one each on the first and third combat turns), and fluff their contributions as we go?
Just an idea.

2. This "every time you use a magical power" thing...including adept powers...does this apply to stuff that's always on? Or just active use?
To fight these things I'll be using a combination of Killing Hands and Spirit Claw.
Every time they physically attack I'll be using Combat Sense, but for a lot of other powers I will use Indomitable Will or Spell Resistance.
And then Improved Reflexes will always be on....
So, will this thing happen any time any of those are taken advantage of?

But on the other hand, these special ones that use the Energy Drain power every time we use magic - are they somehow getting to accelerate that? I mean, Energy Drain is an extended test with a base time of one minute (20 combat turns)....
I am cool with any level of threat - just want to know the ground rules!

3. Can we tell if they're materialized?

4. Is this Ethereal woman herself doing anything hostile, or just standing there while the spirits attack (I still say geek her first, everyone).

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4422 on: <09-30-16/1631:42> »
About that Karma Drain: The normal power is an extended test with 1 minute intervals - I assume you are using some kind of homebrewed/house ruled version that works instantaneously?

Does it work otherwise normally i.e. line of sight is needed and the actors need to be on the same plane of existence (i.e. no attack on a non-dual natured from the astral) ?

Powers most likely include Foci, right?

Also, I'm very much inclined to also frag the Iron Company bride - this is not a test, this a bloody execution.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4423 on: <09-30-16/1732:15> »
Yeah, those one-minute intervals make me happy - keeping in mind that they can get those down to a much shorter period by getting multiple successes on their test, plus the big downside is I don't think there's any resist on our side?

I don't think we should do the Iron Company girls - we don't need any extra enemies, and hey, they might fight on our side - let's see.
Anyway, they're much less of a threat, so we should target them last even if we want them dead (which i don't really think we do).

Anyway, a bit hesitant to post actions without a better picture of what these things are doing - closing to melee, or standing off and using their LOS power? How close is the Ethereal woman? What are the ork girls doing?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4424 on: <09-30-16/1750:22> »
Don't worry, they'd have to attack us first - Isaint certainly won't open a second front if he doesn't have to (Not to mention that that would be a sure fire way to get the Iron Company to order a fatwa against the team).

talk think matrix