NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4380 on: <09-05-16/0217:04> »
Welcome back,
yeah the summer months have seen a bit of attrition among our number.

Hopefully, come autumn we'll be back on track :)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4381 on: <09-05-16/0755:42> »
Yes, sorry for any delays on my part!  The good weather seems to have temporarily abandoned us and the holidays are over so I expect to be back to a normal ish posting schedule by next week at the latest!

So I know where to begin pitching things... the 'girls' are obviously in touch with the Iron maiden, for the rest of you, where's your next port of call after the Holies proved to be rather more uncooperative than you'd hoped?

Anyone heard from Pistolgrip recently?
« Last Edit: <09-05-16/0803:49> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4382 on: <09-05-16/1455:02> »
nope.  He seems to be AWOL.  So sad.  I hope that he comes back.  Have not heard from Iris lately either so hope that she is still alright.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4383 on: <09-07-16/0837:30> »
Will try and bump you along to your meeting as soon as I get a chance, but if you want to post ahead of me then feel free to describe the Gardens...in case anyone missed the reference, it is named after the 'mad Passion' from Earthdawn... like any SR park it will be an unsavoury place 'after dark' ...and yes, down here it is always dark  :o

Gentle hint...you might want to all be there or thereabouts for the meeting, just saying  ::)

adamu

« Reply #4384 on: <09-10-16/1711:57> »

Gentle hint...you might want to all be there or thereabouts for the meeting, just saying  ::)

Oh, which reminds me to wheedle, I mean ask, again...we all slept, ate two sit-down meals, chatted and listened to music, showered (well, not Al)....any Edge refresh???

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4385 on: <09-11-16/0333:24> »
Lol, I had forgotten the request, yes edge refresh as per RAW for now, can't remember if that's full or just 1-2 points, I'm sure you'll let me know  ;D

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4386 on: <09-11-16/0353:15> »
Since I just posted the same thing in Tangled Currents:

Your character gets one point of Edge back after a fulfilling meal and a good night’s sleep (at least eight hours); additionally, the gamemaster can reward players by refreshing a single point of Edge in exchange for inventive or entertaining actions in the course of a gaming session. Incidentally, that’s refreshed Edge points, not free Edge points—you can’t go higher than your maximum Edge. Luck only counts if you use it.
  • Good roleplaying.
  • Heroic acts of self-sacrifice.
  • Achievement of important personal goals.
  • Enduring a critical glitch without using a Close Call (you get a point of Edge back to balance the scales a bit; this should be used judiciously, though, so as not to always let the players off the hook when they roll a critical glitch).
  • Succeeding in an important objective.
  • Being particularly brave or smart.
  • Pushing the storyline forward.
  • Having the right skills in the right place at the right time.
  • Impressing the group with humor or drama.
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4387 on: <09-11-16/0849:04> »
I think we are all role playing rather well.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4388 on: <09-11-16/1151:19> »
Sorry, couldn't finish my post. Will do later today if possible.
Remember to count me in the active :) though I don't mind playing cover for the Garden.

And to weight in, yes I think we all deserve two points back. Some need it more than others!
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4389 on: <09-11-16/1209:37> »
If you want to be part of team 1 just give a reply to that effect - Isaint always asks if someone wants a different role.  ;)
talk think matrix

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4390 on: <09-11-16/2022:48> »
No really I don't mind remaining on the shadow and hopefully keeping everyone covered while you guys introduce yourself to the girls.

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4391 on: <09-12-16/0835:16> »
Thanks Jack, yes you can all get 2 edge refresh...as ever, I suspect you are going to need it...someone might think I was treating you roughly, but I know you lot can take it  8)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4392 on: <09-12-16/0843:05> »
Battered Shadowrunner Syndrom:
Come for the job, stay for the abuse  ;)

And thanks for the Edge, I'm certain that will come in handy ;D
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4393 on: <09-13-16/1327:34> »
Handy?

The stuff we are delighted to be challenged with in this game makes Edge like freaking air!

Thanks!

Hey all - very eager to go gathering more info under Karasu's lead.

At some point (what time is it in the game, anyway) while we've still got time before the 2100 meet, we or some other element of our team might go do a preliminary scout of the park.

Any decent overwatch positions (trying to imagine that in a park that is underground - how high is the ceiling? does anything grow, with no sunlight?)?
Why is there a difference between day and night? I assume it is all artificial lighting anyway (how is this whole mole universe lit, by the way?)?
Can we tell what gangs are around?
What sort of streets/facilities are around the place?

My biggest problem with this Below thing is that even with all the exotic write-ups about the denizens and their politics and so forth, I have so many questions about the physical environment that I feel very constricted in RPing down here.
Is that just me?

Anyway, as usual, more we know about this site and more we prep in advance, the better chance we have against the inevitable overwhelming ambush!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4394 on: <09-13-16/1336:55> »
Yeah, that's a really good question.

Also, does the Night Symphony even have their own sacred grounds or is this all in the iron grip of the Holies?
talk think matrix