NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #4335 on: <08-08-16/1538:02> »
Wow - I always thought of Tracking skill as, like, tracking based on signs of physical passage.

But great if I'm wrong. Here are some extra dice for you to use.

Tracking teamwork: 11d6t5 5

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4336 on: <08-08-16/1621:04> »
Bonus Dice Tracking: 4d6t5 2 [4d6t5=2, 6, 6, 2]

Woohoo. 7 Successes. I'd say we found a solid lead.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4337 on: <08-08-16/1749:17> »

Hopefully this is going to make you all sweat far harder than a fight with some hired runners! 8)

Yikes - if I sweat any harder than I did during that fight it's gonna be blood!
That was just a hard fight  ;D I intend to take you waaaay outside your comfort zones with this mwuh hah hah!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #4338 on: <08-08-16/1751:11> »
@Aria: Bring it, if you think your enemies are hard enough.

@CoF: We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting, but I don't want to interrupt too much, so if someone has a cue on which they'd like a pissed off, bloodstained, ultra-sexy elf battlemage to enter, feel free to say so!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4339 on: <08-08-16/1755:48> »
Oh they will be <Evil Grin>

adamu

« Reply #4340 on: <08-08-16/1804:37> »
@Aria: Bring it, if you think your enemies are hard enough.

@CoF: We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting, but I don't want to interrupt too much, so if someone has a cue on which they'd like a pissed off, bloodstained, ultra-sexy elf battlemage to enter, feel free to say so!

Well, I think sooner is better.

Current plan is for you and Robyn to go out in search of the brides to be. Not sure, but I think she's waiting on your arrival to step off...

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #4341 on: <08-08-16/1820:13> »
@cof I'm back from 32 hours of running shadowrun in 4 days. Now ready for pages and pages of reading with occasional posting.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4342 on: <08-09-16/0118:17> »
Yes, Robyn is currently at her cottage practicing her cello skill.  She is waiting for Iris to show up there or send her a message to meet her someplace.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4343 on: <08-09-16/0359:03> »
@BrickyardBabe
Yeah, now would be the prefect moment to make your appearance.

@Aria
For that tracking test, I'd say we start with the Harlequins to get a lead (since we are going there anyway to get our props). I'd suggest you give us the hint who we should speak/visit OP, so we can avoid the back and forth with the friendlies and get directly to the drama  ;)

@DireRadiant
Wow, thank god you aren't fed up with SR now  ;D
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4344 on: <08-10-16/0842:15> »
Ok folks, to address queries on knowledge / tracking rolls

I'm going to give you 3 options for each target, one will be high risk and high chance of success, a middle option and a low risk low chance of success option...I leave it to you to pick which you pursue, or use those to come up with creative solutions of your own!

Flower
High risk: visit (or infiltrate) the House in Earl's Court, talk to the servants (they know everything!) and get a message to Cara so that she can sneak out and meet you somewhere.  You might need a sign of good faith to prove who you are but any kind of assessment of her character (servants again or other healers) suggests she is quite trusting
Med risk: stake out the House for signs of her, she has to leave at some point for 'official heir type duties'
Low risk: talk to low ranking Flowers in some of the other areas they operate (eg Nightside) to get some idea of her movements, presumably they watch their 'betters' fairly closely

Iron Company
High risk: try and join the House...they employ likely candidates from outside and you certainly fit the bill as combatants...when you are put through your paces you are likely to come in to contact with other trainees...I don't suggest breaking contract with them though, they are merchants as well as warriors/guards!
Med risk: find out where the training occurs (it won't be in the House itself) and watch for Tamsyn
Low risk: much the same as for Flower above...

Note on the 'planned ceremony' - you will have to be extremely creative in order to explain how this will work!  I can see it as a good method of communicating with your targets but actually marrying them...?!?  The ceremony will be loosely based on a typical UK marriage ceremony (the only thing I've got the brain power to compute at the moment) so bear that in mind in your planning!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4345 on: <08-10-16/0919:26> »
I'm not to familiar with UK marriage customs, but I imagine the following components have to be included:
- The holy person asks each of the two by name if they want to marry the other
- Both have to say yes/I do loud and clear
- Both have to sign a document
- The holy person has to declare both as wed

Anything I'm missing?

My solution would be to have a concert and during a pause have both of them invited back stage.
Give them make up and costumes so they aren't recognized.
Announce that we have a special supporting act for the next bit
Do a little song and dance number that includes a marriage ceremony (maybe a new interpretation of Romeo and Juliette's marriage with a fitting soundtrack)
Errect a few magic barriers before revealing this to be an actual marriage.
Getting the hell out of there
???
Profit

Regarding getting in contact:
In both cases I'd suggest the medium risk approach

If that doesn't work, I'd say we are throwing a party and invite them officially with lots of other people  ;)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4346 on: <08-12-16/1619:44> »
Ok, I'm away for the weekend so to keep you going you have free reign to sort a meet with both girls, however you like. (just not actually meet them yet!).. I'm less sure on the Harlequins, I've not decided how much help they can give you...perhaps Hecate is away and they won't decide without her!

The Holies are going to be another ball game, it will be quickly apparent that getting their cooperation is going to be haaaard!

Have fun!

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #4347 on: <08-15-16/1819:18> »
I have a friend who is interested in playing.  I know you said you were pretty full but if anyone has a slot available I can get him to post and a character uploaded.

Edit: apparently it's his sister I guess,
« Last Edit: <08-15-16/1940:57> by Stuttrboy »
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #4348 on: <08-15-16/2005:01> »
Hi.  That's me.  If you have a spot I would love to play, thanks so much.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #4349 on: <08-15-16/2032:54> »
It's quite different than the standard SR game, but you can look here
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~