NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #4320 on: <08-04-16/1241:13> »
Jack - yeah, probably a bit too crazy, and yet....I also love the idea.

If anyone could pull it off it would be Robyn.

adamu

« Reply #4321 on: <08-04-16/1602:02> »
Chatting on e-mail and `Mercy likes the idea too...

We may have to do some more thinking/research before making a final decision, but I think it's worth floating IC, Jack.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4322 on: <08-04-16/1628:17> »
Oh well, if you like it, I'll post it IP - it ties in really well with Isaint's tendency to put his foot in his mouth  ::) ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4323 on: <08-06-16/1354:02> »
If we have to find these kids the old-fashioned Shadowrun legwork way, I guess the traditional first step might be a Knowledge test or two to figure out where we might start looking.

Maybe a 'where to find a Flower healer?' test and a 'where to find an Iron Company mage?' test?

I think Mercy and I both have pools of 11 dice for London Below knowledge.
I'll roll those two tests as teamwork and let Mercy do the honors on the actualy rolls (and of course since we're all sitting in a room putting our heads together, if anyone else wants to toss some Teamwork dice...).

Where to find a hippie Flower healer?: 11d6t5 4

Where to find an Iron Comapny ork lesbian mage?: 11d6t5 2

Okay, there's a bunch of extra dice for you, Mercy!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4324 on: <08-06-16/1358:51> »
Might have wasted the teamwork dice.

Finding the Hippie Healer:  Knowledge to find Hippie Flower Healer: 15d6t5 4
Finding the Iron Company Mage:  Knowledge to find Iron Company Mage: 13d6t5 3

Might be enough to get a hint.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

adamu

« Reply #4325 on: <08-06-16/1451:21> »
Not at all. No guarantees, but we play the odds.
Anyway, we got one more total success with than without it.
All good.
Hopefully we'll get some good ideas from this.

adamu

« Reply #4326 on: <08-06-16/1551:30> »
@CoF - hey guys, I'm a little confused by the IC on who's going where.

Rick and Jackhammer stay home so Rick can look for us astrally - check.

But seems like Isaint, Al, and Karasu are going to the Courts of the Holy?

But also seems like Robyn (with Iris?) is going there too?

Is anyone going to us the knowledge (Aria is sure to give us from our rolls!) try to talk to the brides before we put our cards on the table with the holy guys (before we even know if the girls are willing to get married there?)?

I won't argue - Al's spoken his piece.
Just want to be clear on where everyone is going....

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4327 on: <08-06-16/1558:32> »
I assumed, that Iris and Robyn will look for the brides, while the rest tries to find out if the Holys would allow a concert on their holy site. Doesn't mean that we will take the cathedral. As soon as we learn of alternatives, we'll look into those too, so that when we speak to the lovebirds we at least have some options ready.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4328 on: <08-06-16/1604:47> »
Coolness.

Good to have a leader.

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #4329 on: <08-08-16/0600:27> »
Works for me!

Sorry for being unresponsive the last couple days. My friend showed up on my doorstep and the first words out of her mouth were, "My husband is abusing me." Kinda derailed my weekend.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4330 on: <08-08-16/0751:31> »
Knowledge rolls:

House Laésal,  Cara Laésal (by adoption), third of her line, age: 23

She’s an adopted heir so chances are she is well protected, possibly better than if she wasn’t adopted as she must be quite special to earn that position.  It’s most likely that she will be in the House in Earl’s Court although the other healers/herbalists/druggies from the House are dotted about Below…you met one in Nightside if you recall :D

You will probably need to actively talk to people to get more concrete evidence on her whereabouts!

The Iron Company, The House of Senjak, Tamsyn Senjak, fifth of her line, age: 18

She’s below the age for active service in the Iron Company, even though she’s an orc and presumably ‘older’ than a human eighteen year old, and so will either be mired up in her House training, or out on ‘exercise’…

Now you know that they have somehow managed illicit liaisons for the last year so they must be able to leave their respective houses, but they will be secret by nature and so won’t be covered by general Below knowledge skills…again, you need to do this the hard way!  Asking people…the right people of course otherwise you risk tipping your hand…

Hopefully this is going to make you all sweat far harder than a fight with some hired runners! 8)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4331 on: <08-08-16/0803:25> »
Works for me!

Sorry for being unresponsive the last couple days. My friend showed up on my doorstep and the first words out of her mouth were, "My husband is abusing me." Kinda derailed my weekend.
RL trumps RP every time, wouldn't expect anything less...and that particular piece of RL definitely takes precedence...hope everything goes as well as can be expected and no rush!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4332 on: <08-08-16/0837:11> »
Knowledge rolls:

House Laésal,  Cara Laésal (by adoption), third of her line, age: 23

She’s an adopted heir so chances are she is well protected, possibly better than if she wasn’t adopted as she must be quite special to earn that position.  It’s most likely that she will be in the House in Earl’s Court although the other healers/herbalists/druggies from the House are dotted about Below…you met one in Nightside if you recall :D

You will probably need to actively talk to people to get more concrete evidence on her whereabouts!

The Iron Company, The House of Senjak, Tamsyn Senjak, fifth of her line, age: 18

She’s below the age for active service in the Iron Company, even though she’s an orc and presumably ‘older’ than a human eighteen year old, and so will either be mired up in her House training, or out on ‘exercise’…

Now you know that they have somehow managed illicit liaisons for the last year so they must be able to leave their respective houses, but they will be secret by nature and so won’t be covered by general Below knowledge skills…again, you need to do this the hard way!  Asking people…the right people of course otherwise you risk tipping your hand…

Hopefully this is going to make you all sweat far harder than a fight with some hired runners! 8)

Thanks for the extra background.

Very happy to do some old-fashioned legwork.

A starting point would be nice, though.
Do our knowledge skills give us any specifics on people to talk to or places to go to get started on this legwork?

Don't want to just wander around Earl's Court asking people at random, and think we might be able to avoid resorting to that given fairly decent knowledge of Below....

adamu

« Reply #4333 on: <08-08-16/1246:47> »

Yikes - if I sweat any harder than I did during that fight it's gonna be blood!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4334 on: <08-08-16/1520:44> »
Sounds like a tracking test is in order:
Tracking: 11d6t5 5 [11d6t5=5, 6, 6, 1, 2, 4, 5, 2, 1, 6, 2]

A teamwork test would be appreciated (INT-1 for those who have no ranks in it)
talk think matrix