NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4260 on: <07-18-16/1046:36> »
Personally, I'd like to convince Winter that it was a very bad idea to come after the team - preferably through a bullet to the brain pan.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4261 on: <07-18-16/1643:58> »
Neither I nor Al knows enough about Winter to guess what he's at, but I am guessing it is something rather more nefarious than saving London from FAB.

And yeah, Jack, that's why I asked about the address of the clinic - good place to start sending a message...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4262 on: <07-19-16/0140:05> »
It's a shadow clinic on the edge of the Lambeth containment zone...caters to a variety of shadow folk
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4263 on: <07-19-16/0811:56> »
Have you got enough info to start the interrogation IC or do you need more?  I'm prepared to write it up a bit myself but I prefer not to speak for PCs, and I think you can handle Blossom...just remember she really doesn't like mages!

Good luck finding Winter  8)  he/she has been in my games for years now and only ever glimpsed once from a distance  ;D

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4264 on: <07-19-16/0844:34> »
That's what I suspected after it was revealed that he/she was a rival/enemy of your Drake NPC, because I don't think her incompetent enemies are living that long  ;)

But there is at least one good thing we can take away from that disaster: If Winter wanted our blood us to get at the FAB the spill in the Underplex must have been contained. So at the very least we didn't infect London's most important shopping district.

I'll leave the interrogation to DireRadiant. Isaint is a fair hand at Con but has only a rudimentary training in Interrogation/Intimidation.
Feel free to include a teamwork test with 4 dice
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4265 on: <07-19-16/0846:48> »
Yeah - I think we're too discombobulated to go on the offensive at this moment anyway!

And I don't think we actually hoped to find him there, just maybe a place to start the hunt, and send a message.

Anyway, posturing aside, and interrogation aside, does she cast the Pulse spell. And, whether she does or not, is Robyn's massive thousands-an-hour tag-killing potential enough to get rid of all the trackers?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4266 on: <07-19-16/1528:01> »
Check out the IC... You might be stuck with some of them for a while...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4267 on: <07-19-16/1553:37> »
How do you combine microscopic tags with stealth ability and hardened security tags? Those features should be mutual exclusive.
If such things are available, I'd go ahead and mod a persona module on one and use that as an indestructible hacking device.  ???

Or are you telling us we have been tagged with hardened CFD nanites... 8) 
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4268 on: <07-19-16/1640:11> »
Really? Why? A stealth tag is just one with a preprogrammed activation time, and hardened in this case means purely optical... Is that really impossible? Maybe my terminology is a bit wonky?

adamu

« Reply #4269 on: <07-19-16/1647:49> »
Check out the IC... You might be stuck with some of them for a while...

Understood.
But I suppose that between the Pulse and Robyn's efforts we can consider ouselves clean of the rest of the "normal" tags?

As for these hardened stealth tags, okay cool. Bad guys have neat tricks up their sleeves - wouldn't have it any other way.
But of course we need to start thinking on a solution on our end.
Just to make a start, Al will give a think just based on what he heard Blossom say.
Would like to know just how big these things would be (microscopic, or just, like, mite-size?).
Any way to trigger them ourselves?
Shield them from being triggered?
Can they be equipped with timers?
Once we find them, how to destroy?
Blanket means to destroy physically - like immersion in some liquid or gas?
Whatever Al knows about such things.

Hardware + Logic - Stun = 12 dice
Understanding hardened stealth tags: 12d6t5 4
That oughta tell me something useful.

Oooh - you just posted the answer to one question - preprogrammed activation. Understood. Purely optical also good (for Al) to know (I have no idea).
Four successes buy any joy on the other questions?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4270 on: <07-19-16/1710:42> »
Well, there is a reason why not every piece of equipment is EMP hardened: Namely you need much thicker conducting lines and shielding to prevent charges from jumping over. That isn't really combinable with microscopic size.

It's also a function of thermal capacity: The smaller something is, the less heat it can absorb before it is destroyed.

A purely optical tag would have trouble sending anything it doesn't have line of sight to (like a semaphore) and as soon as it has an antenna for radio waves it's no longer purely optical.

Stealth tags in 5th edition are tags with a sleaze attribute. By the standard rules you have to run a trace matrix action on your own tags to find them. Shutting them on and off would make that pretty hard since you'd have to run trace again and again.

But as always, you are the GM and make the rules of this world.  :)

If you want to stay within the limits of the core rules, you do have the option to slave those tags to a high level security host. That way they'd receive the host's stealth and firewall as protection.
Then you have to decide: Do you want microscopic tags that can't be found with the naked eye but who are susceptible to EMP or do you want hardened tags, that are protected from EMP but can be found by looking for them.
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4271 on: <07-19-16/1731:23> »
I call that a fair cop...let's assume you are now free of tags, this was a runner team not corp, so no high powered host, although I'll have to remember that for the future!!!  And as Winter doesn't actually need them to find you again* I don't need them for my EvilGMing  8)

*when you aren't Below at least...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4272 on: <07-19-16/1746:54> »
Yeah spirit search power and deep resonance search are quite hard to beat.

And now I have to think of a way to beat that solution I just invented.  ;)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4273 on: <07-19-16/1825:17> »
 ::)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4274 on: <07-21-16/0801:26> »
As a word of warning, I'm off on holiday from Sat for 10 days and whilst I won't be completely off grid I won't be doing any IC.  Will try and nudge things along as best I can OoC but you can always post flashbacks if you find you are waiting for me too long!  There's plenty of OoC planning for you lot to do too!