NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4185 on: <07-01-16/0734:08> »
@Obi
as long as you are possessed you don't feel the stun mods (up to 8)

@adamu
correct, but I assume they have a few more weapons inside (since rigger and decker are also in there)

Isaint has three phases this round: Complex action: climb in and move, Complex action give commands, held action to counter an attack or go on full defense
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4186 on: <07-01-16/0758:55> »
Van2 got levitated and dropped on the cyborg, van1 is fine as far as I know, although surrounded in a foam sea...

Yes. But correct me if I'm wrong and forgive me for hating to get shot, but didn't Isaint shoot that SMG out of Van 1 driver's hand in Post 638?
As Jack said, he shot the 'good' SMG out of his hands...who just has one weapon?!?  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4187 on: <07-01-16/0835:16> »
What can I say? I'm a dreamer!

No problem, will get a game-terms response to his shot at the car up as soon as I can, maybe tonight.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4188 on: <07-01-16/1222:00> »
Run out of time again :P  might get some more this evening but don't count on it!  I've at least had time to tweak the combat simulator, but not roll any D!

The Sam shooting at Isaint will do some from behind good cover whilst on full defence!  He will yell something like "drop your weapons" and then shoot anyway, he's not stupid!

The driver will take potshots at Al's car

Deckard...I can't decide what should happen to the foam in contact with fire...but foams usually burn, even hardened ones, so assume it begins to melt away...might let off nice toxic fumes though  ::)

The decker will try again on the jammer...edging this time for greater impact!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4189 on: <07-01-16/1304:01> »
I'll take care of the Sam attacking Isaint:
Ini: 14+3d6 21
Full Defense
Ini 11: FA: Burst (4 RC means DP -5) Defense -9
Long FA Burst: 14d6t5 4 [14d6t5=2, 1, 4, 2, 4, 5, 5, 4, 5, 4, 3, 5, 1, 3]
Isaint defense: 0 without full defense
Soak: 24d6t5 9
Spending my second to last Edge point
Defense Reroll: 13d6t5 4
Soaked fully.
Isaint acts at 6
Nimble Finger: Free action to draw grenade - Impact activated
Simple Action: Aim
Simple Action: Throw
Free Action: Adept centering
Throw: 8d6t5 2 [8d6t5=3, 3, 5, 4, 6, 1, 2, 4]
Scatter: 1d6-2 1
Scatter: 2d6 9 one meter to far to his right - no matter 10m radius on the gas grenade will have him included.
There goes my last DMSO+Narcoject grenade
Sam has not enough ini left for a Run for your Life interrupt:
Resist: Resist drug: 8d6t5 2
Takes 13 Stun damage at the end of the round.

Sam can act at Ini 1
Aim
Short FA Burst: Short FA Burst: 18d6t5 4 [18d6t5=4, 4, 5, 4, 3, 6, 2, 5, 5, 4, 1, 2, 2, 4, 1, 4, 4, 1]
Isaint Defense: Defense: 6d6t5 2 [6d6t5=5, 1, 4, 5, 1, 1]
Soak: 24d6t5 7 [24d6t5=3, 6, 6, 3, 1, 2, 5, 6, 6, 1, 5, 1, 3, 1, 4, 4, 4, 2, 5, 2, 3, 1, 1, 3]
Takes 4 Stun damage - now at a total of 10 Stun

Round ends and Sam goes unconscious
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4190 on: <07-01-16/1428:05> »
Thanks for rolling, can you add to OP when you've got a moment?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4191 on: <07-01-16/1456:14> »
Done  :)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4192 on: <07-01-16/1958:27> »
van driver will pop top hatch and come up with SMG to shoot Al's car again, Ingram smartgun with regular rounds so not much hope of doing much useful.

Okay, I'll assume that he'll shoot at me with all his actions this turn.
And I'll assume he'd shoot at me the way I would if I were him - aim for an extra die and then burst (to eliminate recoil and give me a penalty on defense). I won't get fancy since GM's later direction said "take pot shots".

So I rolled a 28 for his initiative.

When he starts shooting, I'll do an Evasive driving interrupt (so my next and last action this turn will be on 5 in the second pass).

I'll be subtracting from my defense for his burst. But also I know he's attacking because I've got a bird's eye view from Alyce's drones (and side windows? GM said windshield covered in gook..more perpindicular side windows - any visibility there?) so I get a defense, but not sure if there's a penalty or what it would be. Take dice off if needed.

Also `I moved my car on the map - are those big circles where the foam is? So I'll use my movement for the turn/evasive driving to get to the new location, where I don't think that guy can keep shooting at me next turn. If that cancels his third shot, even better.

Jackhammer, where are you with that bow to kill this guy, or that boot in my windshield, or fetching Rick or Isaint? We need you, dude!!!

His three shots:
Rolling for driver: 3#19d6t5 11 4 8
Damn!
Fortunately, his smartgun-modified accuracy is only 6.

My three defense rolls:
Defense against driver with SMG: 3#21d6t5 5 7 5
Damn the other way!

So I soak DV of 9 each on his ifrst and third shots.
Two soak against driver: 2#16d6t5 4 5
So five boxes damage from first shot, and four from the third shot. Car still running.

I'm now out of his line of sight.

EDIT: Wow, I was way too sleepy when I did this last night. Didn't even check ranges/distances.
Turns out - as I mentioned the possibiity of above - I my movement divided by three passes is way enough to be in my new out-of-LOS position after the first shot.
So I would say that the third shot was never possible, leaving the car with 5 instead of nine boxes of damage. (I'm still close enough to zip in and pick anyone up that needs a ride in one initiative pass, everyone...).

Aria - as usual, lots of player assumptions here, so absolutely let me know if any of this needs adjusted.

Again, my next go is on 5 in second pass this turn.

Finally, Aria, can you confirm the state of my other windows besides the windshield?
I already did some stuff to get the trunk open.
Can I open doors/windows freely? I am thinking yes, since Van 1 is covered in foam and the driver seemed to pop out of his hatch to shoot me easily enough!
« Last Edit: <07-02-16/0307:30> by adamu »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4193 on: <07-05-16/0830:06> »
The van's roof was above the main 'blast' of the foam bombs so only had a thin covering, easy enough to break.  This stuff isn't exactly 'sticky' so you'll probably be able to roll down windows and break out the thin coating on it (as you were moving it didn't have time to do much more than coat you).

Car has 5 boxes and you are out of sight, for now...it's pretty much a write-off in terms of driving through the streets of London though so Robyn will need to do her thing to get you another ride!

In order to ride out this speed bump I'm going to assume that you take out the driver of the van easily enough (one way or the other) and we can move off combat time.  Isaint is hurting, Deckard is on fire  ::), your vehicles are trashed, the only opponent left to face you is the decker who seems to be content to hide in the van for now (I think suppress noise is a rigger only action from the brief reading I did so there's not really much he can do in the face of all the damn noise?!?)

Oh and there's a London Met Police surveillance drone inbound!  And a floating gnome courtesy of Deckard's spirit...

Sure you (the group) can do something to IC that little lot  ;D

adamu

« Reply #4194 on: <07-05-16/0851:55> »

In order to ride out this speed bump I'm going to assume that you take out the driver of the van easily enough (one way or the other) and we can move off combat time.

I can handle that!

Actually, what I'd really like to do is have Jackhammer take the dude out with his bow, but don't want to puppet him too much.

I'll eliminate that threat and move the car back to pick where there are people that need freeing/picking up, then let others handle some of the other problems in their posts.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4195 on: <07-05-16/1035:15> »
I am very sorry.  I was away for the weekend.  The cabin was supposed to have internet access, but did not.

Robyn is willing to do the car thing but is concerned about ISaint.  She is also worried about her GOD score and is considering a reboot of her deck to deal with that problem.  Is it feasible to drive to where she can go help ISaint?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4196 on: <07-05-16/1125:09> »
Isaint is back in the safe house, you'd have to exit the industrial estate and come around from the other side, all under the watchful gaze of a police drone! Might be quicker to go over the top on foot...although that's still a good 40m ish of very uneven terrain!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4197 on: <07-05-16/1131:33> »
Isaint just took care of the threat - I assume you don't want to draw this out by spending Edge, or do you Aria?  ;)

All in all we can mark this up as a text book example of a pyrrhic victory  :-\
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4198 on: <07-05-16/1154:27> »
Doh!  Too slow with my IC.

But as long as the guy goes down, I'm not picky!

Mercy - Al will indeed be taking the car back to the edge of the foam, but I agree with Jack - we need a couple of boosted cars more than we need more people running around - Isaint, Rick and even the drone are still mobile.
Dealing with that cop drone wouldn't suck either.

Does someone have a plan for the animal?
I'm all about bipeds before quadripeds, but I'll admit if it was my Spike I'd move hell and earth to get him out safe.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4199 on: <07-05-16/1217:51> »
I agree with boosting the car, but I want to check my GOD score first.  Would not help much to think we were getting away only find that GOD was sending agents to deal with me.  And I was sort of planning on walking atop the foam, but will defer to others.  I was hoping to hear from ISaint that he is still mobile.

And I certainly will do all I can to get Al2 out of here, along with all of my two-legged companions.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>