NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4155 on: <06-26-16/1322:07> »
Good point.  Thanks.

LOL I used the median number of 6 and the car did crappy and got a critical glitch.  Not sure how that works with a car, but I think it stops moving.  Car Defense: 6d6t5 0

Not sure what sort of soak it has for this kind of attack?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #4156 on: <06-26-16/2358:37> »
Okay, it looks like my actions for the moment will be to try to survive Al's driving. Do I need to soak something?

adamu

« Reply #4157 on: <06-27-16/0751:14> »
Okay, it looks like my actions for the moment will be to try to survive Al's driving. Do I need to soak something?

Now looks doubly unlikely we will be rammed.

If either or both of Al's ramming attempts succeed (waiting on Aria for those rulings), then you will need to soak a DV of 2 for each (and add personal + car [6] armor) - probably not too tough for you.

Basically I'm just trying to sideswipe the other car off course, not going for a catastrophic head-on collision.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4158 on: <06-27-16/0802:35> »
Don't worry about damage - go and check out the IC instead!  Map updated too!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4159 on: <06-27-16/0817:02> »
Don't worry about damage - go and check out the IC instead!  Map updated too!

So you just said driving is "difficult". So I assume I can blow out of the affected area quickly...once clear and retaining mobility, we can see about helping if anyone is stuck in it....

I'll just be continuing to speed right out a soon as that stuff hits...do you want me to make any sort of test to get clear?
« Last Edit: <06-27-16/0818:34> by adamu »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4160 on: <06-27-16/0841:37> »
I guess a ramming test against the barrier will be about right, it hardens pretty instantly...

According to the rules (p198 core) every 10cm thickness 1m2 area has 12 condition boxes and it resists damage with 12D...if you deal more than 6 boxes (probably) you make a 1m hole per net 6 boxes (I think...I don't like the barrier rules much) which is going to slow you down fast as you need to get through at a bare minimum 5m of material...?!?

Again, that's a quick interpretation of the rules, if I've missed something obvious please shout!

To add insult to injury your windscreen is going to be pretty caked in freeze foam!  Fancy driving blind?  :o

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4161 on: <06-27-16/0853:43> »
These guys are trying hard.  I wonder if this is the bobbies come to join in the party as it seems the opposition will be encased as much as we are.
« Last Edit: <06-27-16/0857:46> by Mercy Merchant »

adamu

« Reply #4162 on: <06-27-16/0949:45> »
I guess a ramming test against the barrier will be about right, it hardens pretty instantly...

According to the rules (p198 core) every 10cm thickness 1m2 area has 12 condition boxes and it resists damage with 12D...if you deal more than 6 boxes (probably) you make a 1m hole per net 6 boxes (I think...I don't like the barrier rules much) which is going to slow you down fast as you need to get through at a bare minimum 5m of material...?!?

Again, that's a quick interpretation of the rules, if I've missed something obvious please shout!

To add insult to injury your windscreen is going to be pretty caked in freeze foam!  Fancy driving blind?  :o

Yikes - opposition should always just open with this stuff!

I'll try to find some time with the books when I get home, see if I can reconcile the crazy barrier rules with the crazy vehicle rules with the foam rules (not sure if this stuff was designed with moving cars in mind!).
I was honestly thinking about zipping out quickly, rather than plowing...

First three questions that come to mind -

(1) no chance to evade all or part of this stuff when it comes down?

(2) the ramming rules generally stipulate whatever you hit the other guy with, you and your passengers have to soak half that damage. Understandable, but not sure how that applies to the idea of plowing through this stuff. Maybe we take that damage on the first impact?

(3) Or is there even a second try if I don't get through five meters on the first go? If that is the damage per 10cm of this stuff, and they have delivered a sufficient volume to fill this parking area (do we have a height? that will be crucial), then I have to break that barrier 50 times (for a one-meter hole, but actually I guess I'll need two)?

Hmmm - yeah, sorry fo the thinking-out-loud stream-of-consciousness post, but....

So basically, if the car is auto-caught, that is cool. Let me know and I won't bore everyone with a zillion die rolls, just start thinking about other options to deal with this.
If there is a vehicle maneuver or stunt that will let the car get free, a simplified test would probably save everyone time and avoid pages of arguments?
(I could use a parked car or something as a ramp and then jump over the sea of stuff - yeah, a tough test, but the rules give an example target number to the Transporter thing where he jumps the car and hooks the bomb attached to his undercarriage on a handy crane, so why not?)

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: <06-27-16/0952:43> by adamu »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4163 on: <06-27-16/1021:42> »
Hm, even if that stuff hardens instantaneously (which I doubt - all chemicals with "immediate" only take effect at the end of the round) you should have enough momentum to get out of the effect range before the car stalls.

Isaint and Rick have a problem though. Run for your life Interrupt still works, but it might be hard to determine where to run to...

... and now I haven an idea  ;D 8)

Ini Round 4:
Isaint: Ini Round 4: 14+4d6 27
Arthur: Ini Round 4: 10+4d6 23
« Last Edit: <06-27-16/1059:57> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4164 on: <06-27-16/1606:18> »
Hm, even if that stuff hardens instantaneously (which I doubt - all chemicals with "immediate" only take effect at the end of the round) you should have enough momentum to get out of the effect range before the car stalls.

Like the sound of that!
If it follows those rules, I'll be long gone before then, since I used my action on 6 to Control Vehicle.

But I don't know if this stuff is written up in a non-GM book, and even if it is, this could be another, amped up version.

I'll wait to hear from Aria before assuming anything!

Oh, and hey Jack, cool moves!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4165 on: <06-27-16/1649:19> »
The stuff is from 4e to be found in Arsenal  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4166 on: <06-27-16/1733:17> »
These guys are trying hard.  I wonder if this is the bobbies come to join in the party as it seems the opposition will be encased as much as we are.
Barely 20s have passed, safe to say it's not the cops yet!

Vehicles can probably escape the foam but will still be coated and unable to see through windscreens! The Morgan will be solid foam as it's open! Arthur might struggle to drive?!? This stuff is designed to grab pedestrians!

adamu

« Reply #4167 on: <06-27-16/1931:52> »
Got it.
Will IC now.

How's Rick doing?

And where is that dog again?

adamu

« Reply #4168 on: <06-27-16/1955:41> »
Okay - IC up.

Wasn't able to respond to Robyn's last, since earbuds killed by Pulse spell.

But that's fixed from now on - the commlink thing (would be simple action, free for me with Nimble Fingers) will be one of my heretofore unused Free actions on 6, and the other Free action will be talking to Jackhammer.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4169 on: <06-28-16/0106:55> »
OK.  Robyn is going to feed her sensor and drone feeds to Al's 'link.  And anyone else that wants them.