NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4140 on: <06-24-16/0546:46> »
I've updated the combat simulator as I've interpreted things, but please check and comment...in particular I need to know how close to the Morgan the two of you on foot are...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4141 on: <06-24-16/0558:47> »
Could you clarify which vehicles attack now? Are there two more attacking vehicles parked somewhere? How did those get here unnoticed?

Isaint disabled Van 1 with an engine shot, while Rick droped Van 2 on the Tank, likely also disabling it (Heavy armored, dropped from 3 m should be the end of any suspension)

Arthur/Morgan will make a Run for your Life evasive driving action to avoid the grenade (Where is that one coming from? One of the Vans?)
Likewise will Isaint, if he can't take out the grenade launcher beforehand.

Isaint Ini Round 3: 14+4d6 28
Arthur Ini Round 3: 10+4d6 23
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4142 on: <06-24-16/0742:28> »
Could you clarify which vehicles attack now? Are there two more attacking vehicles parked somewhere? How did those get here unnoticed?

Isaint disabled Van 1 with an engine shot, while Rick droped Van 2 on the Tank, likely also disabling it (Heavy armored, dropped from 3 m should be the end of any suspension)

Jack, from reading the IC, looks like the two new vehicles were just empty vehicles that happened to be parked nearby, and that the rigger and decker have hacked them and are remotely piloting them to attack us.
The grenade is from Van 1, whose turret is not likely affected by the engine shot.

I'll get rolls and actions for a new turn up tonight!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4143 on: <06-24-16/0748:38> »
Ah ok, that makes sense.  :D

I'll post Isaint's action when I get home, but in essence he'll try to shoot the grenade launcher when he sees it deployed. (I'll have to look up the rules for that, but I remember reading somewhere that weapons count as hardened structures)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4144 on: <06-24-16/0754:25> »
It was already deployed...one of the first things that happened was it launched a flash bang at Isaint!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4145 on: <06-24-16/0801:48> »
Yeah I remember. I was just tripped up by the seeming contradiction that the van maneuvered after being immobilized.
There is of course nothing stopping the immobile car from shooting and the hacked cars from trying to ram us.
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4146 on: <06-24-16/1006:03> »
Round 3 Initiative:  Iniative: 10+5d6 26

I do not know what ISaint's init is so will wait to see that so I do not post out of sequence.  I think that Robyn was holding her 1IP action to be able to react to what might happen.  She can react after the cars start moving, but if they were parked, they can only accelerate so much, right?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4147 on: <06-24-16/1101:42> »
Isaint Ini Round 3: 14+4d6 28
Arthur Ini Round 3: 10+4d6 23

I'll add it to OP right away.

Action at Round 3.1
Ini 28
Simple action: Aim
Simple action: Called Shot - Target Weapon on immobile car
Free Action: Adept Centering
Free Action: Called Shot

Called shot vs. Grenade Launcher: 15d6t5 4
Immobile, no Defense
R&G p.111 describes weapons like guns as Heavy Material, but lets err on the save side and call it Reinforced: 8 Structure 12 Armor
16 DV AP -7
Soak: 13d6t5 4
Takes 12 damage, destroyed.

« Last Edit: <06-24-16/1159:37> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4148 on: <06-24-16/1444:15> »
Ah well, you asked for it, guess I'll have to drop laser guided mortar rounds on you instead then  8)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4149 on: <06-24-16/1555:38> »
Hey, I just don't want to die   ;)

We didn't start the grenade chucking game.. ;D
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4150 on: <06-25-16/0556:44> »
Smash up derby in the parking lot!

Okay - rules doing my head in again.

Even insofar as I understand them, there are sooo many GM determinations that must be made (e.g. terrain type, starting distances, and, critically, whether to use tactical or chase rules) and then there are so many variables I would need on the side of the evildoers (speeds, stats of their vehicles, and what exact actions they are going for).

So I just won't be able to provide a resolution.

But I can give you Al's actions and rolls based on the assumption that we are using the tactical combat rules.
(We could use Chase combat, which is for when there are no pedestrians, on the premise that the Al vs. two cars thing is isolated from the one car running down the people. But since Al's goal is to protect the peds, that just won't work because determining whether I get to him before he gets to the peds before I get to him then uses apples & oranges systems. Too bad - Chase combat would work better for me....)

Al's intiative for this turn is 26. That means I go before the rigger trying to run Isaint and Rick down, and I am tied with the Decker who is trying to "impede" me. But unless that Decker has an Edge of 8, then I go before him too. So I go first.

So basically I intend to ignore the decker and concentrate on stopping the car going after my coworkers.

In tactical combat, that means I've got to Ram him.
Note that within the confines of these parking lots and with Al just having just picked up Jackhammer from right by these other guys, pretty much everything is within walking speed for most cars, so that really simplifies things.

So my first action on 26 is Ram the Rigger's car.
In fluff terms, I don't care much about damage, I just want to get him off course so he can't hit them. In game terms, even if I don't do damage, a successful ram forces him to do a vehicle test with a threshold of 3 or lose control of the vehicle (no killing people).
So I'm going to Ram (Bump) him on 26 and 16, saving my action on 6 for the necessary Control Vehicle action.
And I'll roll to evade Ram attempts by the decker. About evading Ram in Tactical Combat (1) you can't use Evasive Driving and (2) even though it's a sort of defense test, it is still Limited by your Handling.

Ram at speed of 10 m / turn (that's per core rules, but based on reading of advanced rules in Rigger5, assume that refers to speed differential when both cars moving)..
Ram (bump) on 26: 15d6t5 2
He tries to avoid with Reaction + Intuition [Handling] - or whatever that comes out to if you are Remote Piloting - I'll leave those rules to you.
If I hit with the Ram, then he resists DV of 5 + net hits. More importantly, he makes the Vehicle test to keep control (needs 3 hits).
My control test needs 2 hits.
vehicle test to keep control: 13d6t5 6
My car and me and passengers have to resist DV of 2.
Car
Car damage resist: 16d6t5 5
Me - add personal and vehicle armor
my damage resist: 23d6t5 7

Then the decker may try to Ram me?
Dodge decker's ram: 18d6t5 5
If the decker somehow got six hits (he'd also need a handling of 6), then let me know and I'll Edge that.

16 - again
I ram/bump
Second ram/bump: 15d6t5 8
I can only use 7 of those because of the Handling limit.
My control test
Control test: 13d6t5 3
My car resist DV 2
Car resist: 16d6t5 6
My own resist
resist damage: 23d6t5 12

Now two evasions of the decker on 16 and 6 (if he goes for me on 6, then he'll also have to make a crash test since he didn't bother looking where he was going - but why should he care in a stolen empty vehicle?)
Evade one or two ram attempts: 2#18d6t5 5 6
Again, I doubt a random car off the lot has a handling of 6, but let me know if I'm wrong and I'll Edge any failures.

So end of the day,
I am pretty sure I've evaded the decker's attempts to impede me, and,
I hopefully have caused the rigger to lose control or go off course enough that he can't run Rick or Isaint over.

(And would recommend none of my passengers bother rolling your damage resists - the DV is only two, and you add personal + car armor (6) to your body tests.)
« Last Edit: <06-25-16/0657:17> by adamu »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4151 on: <06-26-16/0211:04> »
I do not want to do the wrong thing again.  It is my expectation that all unhidden icons were seen in my original matrix perception test.  If that is so, I should be able to see the icons for the cars moving against us, right?  Or am I missing something?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4152 on: <06-26-16/0301:55> »
Yep, you can see all the cars here

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4153 on: <06-26-16/1114:58> »
Robyn will send a data spike at the car trying to ram Al.  Data Spike: 16d6t5 3  Only three hits, so not too good.  I am saving my last edge point just in case.  DV9 + any net hits.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4154 on: <06-26-16/1238:43> »
Don't worry, the car is hacked, not slaved (at least not to our opposition).
Ideally those cars only have 2 dice (Pilot 1) or - more realistically something between 4 and 8
talk think matrix