NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #4125 on: <06-18-16/0523:48> »
Is Al's pick-up (of me) in the combat log? I'm not seeing it. Or is he crashing into a cyborg now? I kind of wanted to shoot that guy.
Man, I get so lost in these combat scenes. Shame, given Jackhammer's entire build.

Pistol - sorry - I've been woefully remiss in keeping up with the combat log.

To clarify all your questions above though -
* Al is indeed moving into position to pick you up as he rolls past (fully stopping makes car way too vulnerable) - but that does not mean you have to get in just yet if you have something else to do in the combat - always happy to swing around and pick you up on the next pass
* The cyborg has lost two primary weapons, been blinded, and now has been struck by the floating van (though not for damage - just an insult to injury thing) - so he has apparently staggered out into the open

Hope that gives you the info you need.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4126 on: <06-18-16/0619:31> »
He was struck by van 1 that was going to get him... Van 2 is still floating around somewhere, heading at van 1 (but it probably won't catch up as they seem to be running)!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4127 on: <06-18-16/0816:30> »
Adding your current Ini to your actions would indeed make it a tad easier to reconstruct when who is doing what.  ;D

Speaking of which:
Isaint can act at Ini 16 before the Tank disengages completely:
Shake up Called Shot: - 5 Ini + normal damage:
Simple Action: Aim
Simple Action: Called Shot (Short Burst)
Free Action: Adept Centering
Free Action: Called Shot

AGI 7 + Skill 8 + Smartlink 1 + Aim 1 - 2 Wounds - 0 Called Shot -2 Running Target
Shoot (Shake Up): 15d6t5 43 [15d6t5=6, 2, 3, 3, 4, 2, 6, 3, 1, 1, 3, 2, 5, 5, 2]
DV 12 AP -7 Defense -2 Ini -5
Tank Defense:
Defense: 10d6t5 2 [10d6t5=3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 1, 6, 6, 3]
Tank loses -5 Ini and with it his last action for this round
Soak: 30d6t5 13 Soak: 30d6t5 13
Soaks all damage.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #4128 on: <06-19-16/0201:57> »
Yes, I think knowing the ending position/status of enemies and allies for each pass would help me plan the next pass. As it is, I don't know who's still standing when, how long I have to shoot before supporting allies, etc. This may indicate personal failings, but nevertheless.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4129 on: <06-20-16/0247:36> »
Robyn holds her actions except to use a Free Action to reconfigure her deck, swapping her Firewall and Attack stats and reassigning her Overclocker point to the Firewall.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4130 on: <06-20-16/1233:04> »
Ok folks, how do you want to play this?  We seem to have hit a bit of a speedbump in the action and I’m keen to get things moving again, back to whittling down all that edge you’ve been hoarding!  They are retreating but aren’t done with you yet so I’m happy to maintain combat time but as that’s a little less flexible than ‘story time’ we could gloss over a couple of rounds in that way if it helped?  If you elect to run like rabbits then you are free to post up to the edge of the industrial estate…

This might be a good time to draw your attention back to all those lovely RFID tags that were dropped on your heads…if anyone takes the time to listen to the spam zone they are creating you will find they are all merrily chirping their GPS coordinates to the world!  The air was pretty saturated with them…needless to say they will be in everything!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4131 on: <06-20-16/1327:25> »
The pulse spell would kill the RFID chips, would it not?

The rough plan I have for now would be to kill the second van's engine and then get out of there. The Morgan will have to be left along the way - the damage is to extensive for safe driving

I'd like to take one of them alive, so we can ask them who they work for and what Winter wants from us now that we no longer have the statue  ;)

For that purpose the incapacitated would be ideal - if Rick wants to spend another service to fetch him/her.

Simple Action: Command Arthur
Simple Action: Called Shot at Engine
Shoot: 14d6t5 5
Free Action: Adept Centering
Free Action: Called Shot

Evade: 14d6t5 4
13 DV AP -7
Soak: 29d6t5 11 [29d6t5=2, 6, 3, 4, 3, 3, 4, 5, 1, 6, 5, 5, 5, 2, 4, 3, 6, 4, 3, 1, 6, 1, 1, 3, 6, 4, 5, 2, 5]
2 Damage, Engine damaged, Vehicle stops.
« Last Edit: <06-20-16/1345:57> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4132 on: <06-20-16/1911:31> »
Ok folks, how do you want to play this?  We seem to have hit a bit of a speedbump in the action and I’m keen to get things moving again, back to whittling down all that edge you’ve been hoarding!  They are retreating but aren’t done with you yet so I’m happy to maintain combat time but as that’s a little less flexible than ‘story time’ we could gloss over a couple of rounds in that way if it helped?  If you elect to run like rabbits then you are free to post up to the edge of the industrial estate…

This might be a good time to draw your attention back to all those lovely RFID tags that were dropped on your heads…if anyone takes the time to listen to the spam zone they are creating you will find they are all merrily chirping their GPS coordinates to the world!  The air was pretty saturated with them…needless to say they will be in everything!

Sooo...<bows to inevitable>...how far to the Below entrance that was supposed to be not too far off where the mages that failed before were going to try to cure us again???

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4133 on: <06-21-16/0252:15> »
Do we have an alternate vehicle to replace the Morgan?  Is not Al2 and Deckard in that one?  That is a pretty cool trick with those RFID chips if they did not get fried.  It could take a bit to try to weed them all out of our clothing and equipment.
« Last Edit: <06-21-16/1004:48> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4134 on: <06-21-16/0354:16> »
The Morgan can still drive, but it won't be able to keep up in any chases (one of the reasons I disabled the other Van)
And yes, Dog-Al is inside.
Right about now it would be very useful if Deckard or Karasu would learn some new spells (after having witnessed how the other mage did it perhaps?)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4135 on: <06-21-16/0757:29> »
The pulse spell would kill the RFID chips, would it not?
It would have done...except the pulse spell happened while you were in the safehouse and the mortars were launched when you came out!

As to learning new spells...that's a bit of a slippery slope...happy for you to acquire spell formulae from somewhere and then master the spell, but not mid combat please  ::)
« Last Edit: <06-21-16/0759:11> by Aria »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4136 on: <06-21-16/1203:33> »
Not right now while we still count ini-phases ;D

But surely there will come a time when we aren't running for our lives for a few moments (yeah, yeah I'm over optimistic again - the title of shadow runner is certainly well earned in your games  ;D )

For now we'll just have to keep the jammers going to prevent the little traitor bugs from narcing on us  ;)
talk think matrix

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #4137 on: <06-21-16/1818:10> »
@cof Yukika can easily find all the RFID tags given a bit of time not in combat.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4138 on: <06-21-16/1843:57> »
One last attempt to smash the Tank with the 2 tons van falling from a good 8 meters height.
Asked the Spirit to bring back the Gnome mage.

The Tank got Body plus strength to resist:

Tank Resistance: 9d6t5 4

:)
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4139 on: <06-22-16/1424:10> »
So he didn't resist the spell...feel free to work out ramming damage and soak...or in fact just GM fiat a 'splat' as he's not going to be lifting the van off himself any time soon  ::)