NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4080 on: <06-10-16/1112:00> »
The rolls you've done stand, that's fine, but you and Robyn also need to resist the FA as you've pointed out, it hits the car and the passengers. I know you edged the miss but as you also mentioned I think that is more missing the engine block rather than missing the car... That is nigh impossible as you drove right at him! Right? You can try and convince me otherwise of course  ::) ...and then I'll need to look up whether he can edge his hit roll too  ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4081 on: <06-10-16/1213:27> »
Their kit is slaved to another deck (not the hacker's) being monitored by an agent 6 on full defence (thank Jack for that tactic :P) ...all in all though that gun is a lump of metal, but not before he riddles Al's car first!

OP combat updated, added stats for the driver to van 1, it's missing some details and may be slightly different to how he appeared earlier in the engagement (I can't find my note on which of Hobbe's archetypes he was based on :P) but what's a couple of D here or there between friends?  ::)

He he, you are welcome - seems like I'll have to develop new and better tactics than :D

Regarding the Van 1 guy shooting at Arthur: Why do you think Arthur doesn't get defense? Sitting in a car only adds -2 to defense but +4 through good cover, so net +2.
-5 from the simple FA burst leaves him with 7 dice to defense: Defense: 7d6t5 1
So damage is 13 AP -5 vs. 4 Body + 20 Armor + 6 Car Armor -5= 25 Soak: 25d6t5 8 [25d6t5=1, 4, 5, 6, 1, 4, 2, 4, 4, 1, 3, 1, 5, 4, 6, 6, 5, 4, 1, 1, 6, 1, 6, 3, 4]
5 P converted to S -> no effect
Now the car is another issue: 14 P damage vs. Bod 14 + Armor 6 -5= Soak: 15d6t5 3 [15d6t5=6, 6, 3, 3, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 4, 1, 6, 4, 3]
Car takes 11 damage
Now, the hell hound: 14 P damage vs. Bod 6 + Natural Armor 2 + Critter Armor 9 (I assume he retroactively got the new gear from Howling Shadows) + Car Armor 6 - 5= Soak: 18d6t5 9 [18d6t5=2, 5, 6, 6, 6, 4, 5, 5, 2, 1, 1, 6, 4, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6]
Hellhound takes 5 P damage - lucky for him that he lies in a Valkyrie Module, being able to start immediate treatment (First Aid: First Aid: 10d6t5 5 [10d6t5=5, 1, 5, 2, 5, 3, 2, 1, 6, 5]
If he isn't hit anymore he'll have 2 damage remaining

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4082 on: <06-10-16/1221:12> »
Their kit is slaved to another deck (not the hacker's) being monitored by an agent 6 on full defence (thank Jack for that tactic :P) ...all in all though that gun is a lump of metal, but not before he riddles Al's car first!

OP combat updated, added stats for the driver to van 1, it's missing some details and may be slightly different to how he appeared earlier in the engagement (I can't find my note on which of Hobbe's archetypes he was based on :P) but what's a couple of D here or there between friends?  ::)

He he, you are welcome - seems like I'll have to develop new and better tactics than :D

Regarding the Van 1 guy shooting at Arthur: Why do you think Arthur doesn't get defense? Sitting in a car only adds -2 to defense but +4 through good cover, so net +2.
-5 from the simple FA burst leaves him with 7 dice to defense: Defense: 7d6t5 1
So damage is 13 AP -5 vs. 4 Body + 20 Armor + 6 Car Armor -5= 25 Soak: 25d6t5 8 [25d6t5=1, 4, 5, 6, 1, 4, 2, 4, 4, 1, 3, 1, 5, 4, 6, 6, 5, 4, 1, 1, 6, 1, 6, 3, 4]
5 P converted to S -> no effect
Now the car is another issue: 14 P damage vs. Bod 14 + Armor 6 -5= Soak: 15d6t5 3 [15d6t5=6, 6, 3, 3, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 4, 1, 6, 4, 3]
Car takes 11 damage

Because he is just shooting the car, not the occupants...BF not FA!  He's given up shooting the robot  ::)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4083 on: <06-10-16/1231:06> »
And speaking of: Time for a new tactic at Ini 26 in Round 2.2:
Isaint moves back to have line of sight to Van 1,

Complex action BF (6 Shots),
Free Action: Called Shot (Blast out of Hand)
Free Action: Adept Centering
AGI 7 + Skill 8 + Smartlink 1 - Wound 2 - Called Shot 0
Blast out of Hand: 14d6t5 3 [14d6t5=6, 5, 3, 2, 2, 4, 2, 4, 3, 2, 1, 3, 6, 3]
Luck's running out.
Driver Defense: 14 + 2 (inside car) - 5 (Long Burst)= Defense: 11d6t5 2
Just enough to make him drop his weapon, sadly within one meter.
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4084 on: <06-10-16/1234:53> »
Just in time for the Tank to shoot you with the sonic rifle on his back  8)

That's probably it from me for the week, more on Monday, hopefully you've got enough info now that you can continue to post through the weekend if you want, might be able to get an OoC response or two done, we'll see...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4085 on: <06-10-16/1244:59> »
Since I already rolled for defense against an attack from Tank that ultimately went towards someone else, I'd suggest we use those rolls  :)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4086 on: <06-10-16/1300:34> »
The rolls you've done stand, that's fine, but you and Robyn also need to resist the FA as you've pointed out, it hits the car and the passengers. I know you edged the miss but as you also mentioned I think that is more missing the engine block rather than missing the car... That is nigh impossible as you drove right at him! Right? You can try and convince me otherwise of course  ::) ...and then I'll need to look up whether he can edge his hit roll too  ;D

Well heck, I could argue for days (about anything!), but I see your point, and it's time to go with the GM's ruling.

Honestly not sure what exact damage to apply to the passengers in this case - does your interpretation give him his whole pool against all four targets (car, Yukika, Robyn, Al)?
Let's just say it does, as it is most advantageous to Mr. Handler.

So car is done, and now we all three defend against 2 hits from his weapon, right?

My only remaining big question is this - obviously Robyn does not get to roll the usual React + Intuition, but does she still automatically get the Good Cover and In Moving Vehicle Bonuses (but not the restricted movement penalty since she's not moving) specified in the rules - seems like if we're using common sense then those would still apply whether she's currently ambulatory or not!

Based on the above, Al and Yukika would do their normal defense rolls with a net -4 mod (+3 for moving vehicle, +4 for good cover, -2 for limited movement, -9 for full-auto - all on p205).
Robyn would get a pool of -2 to defend, which being a real number and not a 'no roll' means she could push the limit with Edge if so inclined.

Then for soak everyone gets an extra 6 dice from the car (but remember the AP is -6).

Finally, I think at this point it's fair to mention that Dire should get Yukika's one point of stun and one point of Edge back, since that was from the crash that I think we've figured out never happened.

Here's Al's defense against the shot
Personal defense against Handler's attack: 15d6t5 2
This in a way is good because it means I won't have to go back and add wound mods to my later defense against the Tank's attack on the car.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4087 on: <06-10-16/1315:10> »
Yeah, even unconscious people get cover bonus.

Now, I don't want to fuck over my own chummers, but there is a little rule about what happens on a tie in a defense test that has cover involved. Al might still get hurt, but on the plus side, Body+Armor of the car is rolled first and subtracts DV from the base weapon damage before Al has to soak. 
Sorry :-[

Which reminds me: Arthur has to make a 2x pilot roll to see if he acts to defend himself against the new threat after the handler has been eliminated:
Pilotx2: 10d6t5 3 [10d6t5=1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 2, 6, 1, 4, 3]
I'd say he starts laying down suppressive fire against the Van Driver
Suppressive Fire: 12d6t5 3 [12d6t5=2, 3, 5, 3, 2, 4, 4, 3, 3, 6, 5, 4]
-3 to all actions of the driver and risk of being hit if he gets out to get his gun.
After this, Arthur has 6 shots left...
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4088 on: <06-10-16/1324:41> »
Dude, don't be sorry, thanks for pointing that out.

That does ring a bell.

As soon as I get home I'll
(1) have a heart-to-heart with Fate about 2 hits on 15 dice
(2) decide whether to Edge or Soak
(3) post the final resolution!

adamu

« Reply #4089 on: <06-10-16/1640:37> »
Yeah, even unconscious people get cover bonus.

Now, I don't want to fuck over my own chummers, but there is a little rule about what happens on a tie in a defense test that has cover involved. Al might still get hurt, but on the plus side, Body+Armor of the car is rolled first and subtracts DV from the base weapon damage before Al has to soak. 
Sorry :-[

Okay, yeah, found this on p 197 and it sounded pretty good at first, like, yeah, add those 16 dice and I can soak that!
But sadly, the Penetration Weapons section on the following page pretty much nullifies the whole thing in this case, so I'm going to have to Edge it (yikes, that luck-juice is going fast!).
So fails on my defense test
Edge reroll of defense test against handler: 13d6t5 2

Looks like Mercy is going to have me post a roll for Robyn once we work out the best way to work it...stay tuned.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #4090 on: <06-10-16/2312:41> »
I think I will need a ride. I just came over to Isaint's car to keep him from accidentally dying. But it looks like this is well in hand, at least enough to make a mad dash, so I'll jump in the car if Al pulls it around. Otherwise, I think I still have spirit speed? I could just race you guys to a good loading zone.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4091 on: <06-11-16/1020:29> »
Robyn is in VR so her dodge pool is effectively -2 and even using edge would almost certainly take damage so will just accept the 2 successes and roll against the DV13, where she has a better chance of succeeding.  Adamu explained to me that after the car's armor and the negative for the fire I have a pool of 20d6.

Soak Damage: 20d6t5 6  6 successes

Using Edge for misses:  Edge for Misses: 14d6t5 6  6 successes

Net result is 1 hit.  The dice gods were with me this time.

I have a question re cyber eyes.  The eye system itself is not wireless, but can have modifications that are.  Does that mean the eyes that have wireless mods are visible on the matrix and can be attacked?  And if so, would attacking the eyes and bricking them affect only the mod or the entire system as it sparks and shorts out?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4092 on: <06-11-16/1608:21> »
The subsystems of a cyber eye are not devices in their own right - therefore I'd argue an attack against them would target the whole device (just like targeting the smartgun system disables the whole gun)
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4093 on: <06-12-16/0444:06> »
Thanks, Jack.  That is what I was thinking as well.  Let's see what I can do.  But it looks like the generator does not reflect everyone's actions and I do not want to go to IP3 out of turn.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps