NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #4065 on: <06-09-16/0730:22> »
Okay, here is the handler's full-auto attack on the car (which automatically also attacks all passengers - I am starting to feel quite bad about getting Yukika and Robyn into this - didn't see the Dead Man's Trigger thing coming!)

The only question is whether he uses a long or short full-auto burst.
But they basically come out the same - with long he'll lose four additional attack dice and we'll lose four additional dice on defense, so I figured the long burst fit the spirit of the thing...

So his attack factoring for his agility, skill, specialization, smartlink, strength and chamber-based recoil comp, and then progressive recoil carrying forward from the attack he made on 31 leaves him with nine dice.
Handler's full-auto long burst: 9d6t5 2
That will be DV11 with -6 AP and a base -9 on defense tests.

First step on defense is the primary target, the car.
I'll do the evasive driving interrupt, so adding that bonus and then taking off 9 for the long burst I have 14 dice.
Evasive driving vs. full auto: 14d6t5 1
Holy moly! - thought I wouldn't have to Edge that, but seems I do - rerolling 13 dice
Rerolling fails on car evasion: 13d6t5 3
So four successes and the car is "missed."

Now the big question here is, did he miss the car, or did he just miss anything important on the car?
In other words, do the passengers still need to roll.
My reading is, no, they do not. The rules say that in full-auto vs. vehicle the passengers and vehicle resist damage equally, and the passengers' defense test is only described for use with attacks specifically against them.
But I'll concede it's gray, and always go by the GM's final word....

Let us know if you want those defense tests againt the Alpha, Aria!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4066 on: <06-09-16/0752:33> »
Well technically, the rules say you can either attack the vehicle or the passengers. If he wanted to attack all of you he'd have to split his dice pool.
It's much more likely he'll just attack Al as the driver while his shattered body is draped over the hood  ;)

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4067 on: <06-09-16/0820:16> »
Well technically, the rules say you can either attack the vehicle or the passengers. If he wanted to attack all of you he'd have to split his dice pool.
It's much more likely he'll just attack Al as the driver while his shattered body is draped over the hood  ;)

That is right as far as it goes, but the rules also say that if you attack the vehicle, your damage also gets to affect all the passengers as a free bonus if you use full-auto.

So I thought that was his more effective option for carrying out Aria's instruction to "shoot you all", since, as you say, directly attacking passengers means splitting the pool and also suffering blindfire (for the SR-default tinted windows) and a host of other negative mods.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4068 on: <06-09-16/0857:15> »
Huh, never realized that before. Interesting.

Technically, if the car evaded, you all evaded.
Seeing as most of the others are preoccupied, I'll roll the attack of the Tank against Isaint, assuming he has to reset his recoil, he'll stand up and fire a short FA burst: Defense -5

Short FA Burst: 18d6t5 2 [18d6t5=4, 4, 5, 1, 3, 5, 3, 1, 2, 1, 4, 2, 3, 4, 3, 1, 3, 4]
Isaint defense: Defense: 1210d6t5 2 [1210d6t5=3, 4, 4, 4, 6, 5, 1, 4, 2, 4, 3, 4]
Wow.
Isaint almost jumped into that one.

And while we are at it, Van 1 can try to target Arthur, Al or decide to drive closer to open fire on Isaint.

talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4069 on: <06-09-16/0900:42> »
No end to the excitement.

Still on pins and needles to find out what happens with the counterspelling - that'll be a decisive moment, at least in terms of cool-value!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4070 on: <06-09-16/1014:35> »
Robyn dodges the Data Spike tossed her way.  Dodge Data Spike: 18d6t5 6

Robyn's IP2 is to send a massive data spike at the rifle of the man shooting at ISaint. Data Spike w/ Edge: 26d6h5 15

I do not have time to roll the gun's defense this morning before work.  Can someone do that for me?  If he does not dodge all of the hits, the DV is 11 + net hits and might be enough to brick the gun.  Maybe.
« Last Edit: <06-09-16/1036:44> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4071 on: <06-09-16/1045:23> »
Wow, now that is a remarkable data spike - since the guy only has a crappy meta link, he probably has his gear slaved to a host
Taking the worst case of a R 12 host with max Firewall, he'd defend with 20 dice
Resist Data Spike: 20d6t5 5 [20d6t5=3, 4, 4, 5, 2, 4, 5, 3, 2, 6, 4, 5, 1, 4, 2, 2, 4, 3, 1, 5]
That's 10+ your Attack rating 7
Rifle Matrix Damage Resist: 4d6t5 3 [4d6t5=2, 5, 5, 6]

So 14 damage - that gun just became a club... ;D
talk think matrix

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4072 on: <06-10-16/0051:14> »
Here is the Counterspell defense Roll:
Counterspell Defense: 16d6t5 7

Hope that is enough to resist his counterspelling.
In any case, the mage is also taking DV6 drain, physical is his Magic is below 8... Should make him think twice before doing that again.

Now before that,
Spirit Initiative: 16+2d6 25
Pass 1 (25): Spirit Astral Perception: 12d6t5 5
Look at the Astral Signature of the Static Spell and find the same one within LOS
Pass 2 (15): Spirit Materialize inside the room the Mage is in, behind if possible.
Pass 3 (5) : Spirit Elemental Attack: 14d6t5 7

The perception may take longer, in this case the attack will be for next round.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4073 on: <06-10-16/0147:23> »
Robyn has a large attack pool and a high Edge.  I think the damage to the gun might have been worse if it was slaved to the hacker's deck as it was stated earlier that it was set for attack so firewall would not have been its best attribute..  Also, Attack rating is 9 from program (Decryption) and quality (Overclocker) and there is an additional +2 DV from another program (Hammer). 

Does any of the damage carry over to the master?

"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4074 on: <06-10-16/0215:23> »
Nope, no over spill. And tactically it is never a good idea to slave anything to the deck you are using to hack.
But Cudos on the attack. Add a bit of biofeedback next time and you could take out the hacker directly with that kind of damage.
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4075 on: <06-10-16/0820:06> »
Their kit is slaved to another deck (not the hacker's) being monitored by an agent 6 on full defence (thank Jack for that tactic :P) ...all in all though that gun is a lump of metal, but not before he riddles Al's car first!

OP combat updated, added stats for the driver to van 1, it's missing some details and may be slightly different to how he appeared earlier in the engagement (I can't find my note on which of Hobbe's archetypes he was based on :P) but what's a couple of D here or there between friends?  ::)

Isaint's car is in for a beating too!

Here is the Counterspell defense Roll:
Counterspell Defense: 16d6t5 7

Hope that is enough to resist his counterspelling.
In any case, the mage is also taking DV6 drain, physical is his Magic is below 8... Should make him think twice before doing that again.

Now before that,
Spirit Initiative: 16+2d6 25
Pass 1 (25): Spirit Astral Perception: 12d6t5 5
Look at the Astral Signature of the Static Spell and find the same one within LOS
Pass 2 (15): Spirit Materialize inside the room the Mage is in, behind if possible.
Pass 3 (5) : Spirit Elemental Attack: 14d6t5 7

The perception may take longer, in this case the attack will be for next round.

The mage has a spirit watching over him who will intercept as soon as yours appears on the scene so it's a battle of the spirits!  That is unless your spirit is so involved with its task that it completely ignores the threat to itself?!?

Either way you get a confused mental image of the back of a child looking through binoculars at your general location, probably now reeling from the drain of trying to counter your spell... for stats check out https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/wikis/blossom
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4076 on: <06-10-16/0855:04> »
Okay when you say "short" burst I'll assume that's the short full auto, for -5 on defense.
Also that the 21 DV is a typo for 12DV!

So hey, also, for my IC, can I assume that Rick's spell went off as planned and the van comes down upside down?

Here's my roll against the tank's shot:
Evading Tank's short full auto burst: 18d6t5 7
for a hair-raising moment!

@Team - having gone to the vehicle equivalent of full-Defense, I will only have one more action this Combat turn, on 7 in the second pass.
Wondering what to do....
only one more dismounted opponent, up against Isaint, action used, and without primary weapon, so I won't go for him.
Isaint is near his own vehicle.
Rick also near Isaint's vehicle.
Jackhammer running somewhere - but Isaint's ride may be full....

Pistol do you need a pick-up?

Mostly my question is, why are we still here?
Can we leave now before their cavalry and or the local cops arrive?!?!?!?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4077 on: <06-10-16/0925:57> »
I actually meant the one that gives +1DV and no def penalty but it's actually pretty crap and moot anyway!

I also meant to say that the handler was shooting in to the car on his FA attack and so I would like to see some resistance rolls for that please! +2D for good cover but sitting down etc... I think Robyn is in for some pain though being in VR! I thought Deckard was in your car too?!?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #4078 on: <06-10-16/0943:25> »
So defense and damage tests for Al's car occupants are needed?

adamu

« Reply #4079 on: <06-10-16/1002:17> »
I actually meant the one that gives +1DV and no def penalty but it's actually pretty crap and moot anyway!

I also meant to say that the handler was shooting in to the car on his FA attack and so I would like to see some resistance rolls for that please! +2D for good cover but sitting down etc... I think Robyn is in for some pain though being in VR! I thought Deckard was in your car too?!?

Aria - no problem at all.

I don't mind redoing those rolls at all - small price to pay for the speed at which we're getting this done!
Honestly, though, you might be better saying he was just targeting the driver.
Progressive recoil took is pool down to 9 dice to start with, and if he then has to split that pool among the occupants.... .
When I wasn't sure of your intention I truly had him shoot the car because it was his best bet (since any damage he did had to be resisted by all).

Recommend just shooting at Al (as Isaint also suggested), but also happy to make it against all occupants!

Oh, and yeah, Deckard is over by the Morgan, having gone over there to put the dog in it.