NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4050 on: <06-08-16/0307:54> »
Are we rolling actions for the opposition as well?  If so, I can act as the opposing decker and attack Robyn again, using the same attack as the previous time,  Data Spike: 18d6t5 5 

"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4051 on: <06-08-16/0445:53> »
@adamu

Isaint is just next to the corner on the east side of the building, right next to his car (the star on the map)
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1VFcZbE97PvPGp-gTKIV7afRiw_M
His opponent is at the corner at the northside of the building

The handler is at Van 2 position, exchanging fire with Arthur
Van 1 has an MP wielding opponent that managed to hit Isaint.

@Mercy
Yeah, it's faster that way
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4052 on: <06-08-16/0636:29> »
Okay, and the Levitate to flip the van is still up in the air (sorry), right?

Waiting on Obi to resolve the counterspelling.
Plus that doesn't happen until Rick's go on Turn 3, which we don't know when because we don't have his new initiative yet (although we know it is now enhanced)?

So I'll assume Al doesn't know that's going to happen.

Anyway, Jack, thanks for the location of the Handler - he'd dismounted, right?
But I don't think you are on the east side of the building - the Arthur-star is on the west side...

And this guy giving you trouble, he's on the north side? Like, where all the bushes are? Or are you talking about the north side of some building other than the safehouse?
I'd really like to run this guy over for you, but still not sure where he is...

Al's initiative for the new turn is 27.
Will post actions once I clarify where people are.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4053 on: <06-08-16/0715:24> »
Ah, I just saw my map is not oriented north to south  ::) :-[
Stupid google maps customization I did.

Orienting it correctly places Isaint at the North West side of the corner, Tank at the South West, Handler dismounted to the West at Van 2
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4054 on: <06-08-16/0736:34> »
Ah, I just saw my map is not oriented north to south  ::) :-[
Stupid google maps customization I did.

Orienting it correctly places Isaint at the North West side of the corner, Tank at the South West, Handler dismounted to the West at Van 2

Okay, I see the confusion.

You and your main enemy are pretty much in kissing distance - I'll go for the handler.

So I'll do a Ram attack on the Handler on 27.
The rules are a bit complicated, and Al's driving bonuses are fairly involved as well, so I'll have to put up the rolls and other applicable rules details tonight.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4055 on: <06-08-16/0814:56> »
The handler will see you (Al) coming long before you can get a chance to ram him...and just move behind some of the parked cars (assuming the van isn't there any longer to hide behind)...

Van 1 has moved forward a bit to get a firing solution on Arthur / Isaint's car... even if Arthur survives the encounter, and it seems like the tin soldier will do just that, driving that car through London is not going to be an option without drawing a police response!

Obi needs to roll to resist the dispel, and also do a 'search' roll for his spirit hunting the mage! Spirit's Magic + Intuition (5, 10 minutes) Extended Test, no modifiers that I can see... or someone else can roll that for him?  I've marked the two likeliest locations on the map.  For fluff reasons those particular buildings might be taller in 2076 :P

Small note on the map...can you put stuff on the 'encounters' layer rather than the Underplex one?!? :)  Probably my fault for putting the vans on that one initially :P
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4056 on: <06-08-16/0822:39> »
The Thundercloud Morgan is semi open btw: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/332914597429276859/ (it's not the official SR art but close enough)...it's not really a car as such and is going to draw attention all by itself so perhaps the bullet holes are moot :P

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4057 on: <06-08-16/0835:39> »
Yeah, but this Morgan is modified (additional seating, Valkyrie Module, Smuggling Compartment, removed weapon mount).
There is an image of it in the 4e book that allows for windows  ;D
Anyway, I love this model - it's cheap with great value for its price. Not to mention it's low tech that can't be hacked (no sensors, no pilot)

I'll change my additions to the map when I get home (and yeah, I just put them next to the vans)

Regarding the spirit: Since the mage needs line of sight to us, wouldn't an assensing test suffice to spot the mage? (vs. his stealth check and minus range penalties)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4058 on: <06-08-16/0900:35> »
The handler will see you (Al) coming long before you can get a chance to ram him...and just move behind some of the parked cars (assuming the van isn't there any longer to hide behind)...

Noted and understood.

But I can get to him pretty darned quickly - just dodging a speeding car not that easy - there are rules for it.

Even so, though, happy if it just distracts him from doing something else!

Al is also perfectly happy to Ram whatever parked car he hides behind, or do a power slide around it and then squash him against it. Or, if he's foolish enough to go between two parked cars....

Al's a pretty good driver...he's going for the guy.

But of course I've been warned and will be fine with whatever you rule.

I'll get those dice and stuff up tonight.

adamu

« Reply #4059 on: <06-08-16/1742:22> »
@CoF -

Al's action on 27...

Well, I thought I had a handle on the vehicle combat rules from the big battle at the service area, but throwing pedestrians into the mix and then looking for clarification in the new advanced rules left me with lots of questions and GM-discretion points. Been at those crazy-badly written rules for two hours.
So I'll walk through what I want to do and the rules involved, happy to accept GM rulings at any turn.

To start, GM already warned that if I try to hit the handler, he will just move out of the way or behind some parked cars. Well, that's six meters for him, which is farther (relative to his speed) for him than for me to go to hit him. Plus, I think his moving out of the way in a split-second combat situation is reflected in his roll on the don't-get-rammed opposed test.
But I can't say I wasn't forewarned, and I am going forward.
If it turns out he just gets out of the way, I will be cool. Hopefully he'll at least have to use full-D or miss a shot at Isaint or something.

Okay - speed.
Vehicles vs. peds uses 'tactical' speeds, so my car's movement basically works as if I am moving.
Going around intervening cars I need to cover 38 meters.
With my Gearhead quality, my car does 192 at a Walking rate, divided over the combat turn by my three passes, so I can do 64 meters at a Walk in one pass, about double what I need to reach him (leaving me leeway to chase him around anything he wants to hide behind, or if there is a question about acceleration, although you'll recall I got the car started two passes ago).

Now terrain.
This would be a modifier to my threshold. But the core rules specifically don't allow for thresholds on opposed tests, and indeed the core ram rules don't incorporate terrain on this test.
I mention it because the advanced rules do tack on terrain as a threshold in the opposed ram/don't get rammed test - so, net hits vs net hits? It's not clear.
I would say based on both basic and advanced terrain descriptions that, being in a fairly empty parking lot, we are in 'light' (main street thoroughfares. dock areas), but that is GM's call.
Anyway, on my assumption, i wouldn't have a threshold anyway cuz Steely Eyed Wheelman would eliminate that threshold.
So I say wash it out, since I would also suggest terrain mods are apples and oranges when applied to a pedestrian.

Now the opposed test.This specifically allows for car vs. pedestrian. The pedestrian rolls reaction + intuition, with full-d and dodge interrupt options.
I'll roll skill + reaction + various quality bonuses + I'll Edge it just because I like Al to be a badass driver.
Run Handler down: 24d6h5 14
14 hits ought to tag even a mightily nimble opponent (no limit since I Edged it).

If I do hit him, then that is a base DV of 20 (- the general rules would let me add net hits, but the ramming rules are unclear...) vs. Body plus Armor but with an AP of -6.

Now the really really big question.
I don't want to slow everything down by waiting for the answers to a million questions, so I'll go for it and take the ruling.
On BBB p203, the first para on (tactical combat) ramming includes rules on hitting pedestians.
The next paragraph talks about the ramming vehicle resisting damage at half the (base) value. Later rules state that in ramming all passengers are also subject to damage.
Now, based mostly on the assumption that the writers assumed common sense on our part, and also on the fact that this is a separate paragraph, I am assuming this half damage to the ramming vehicle and its passengers does not apply to hitting squishy pedestrians but is meant for hitting other vehicles (yeah, hitting a guy will dent your car, but it is nowhere near the scale of impact as hitting another car).
However, don't want to weasel out of anything, so making GM aware of this gray area.

Aria - if we do hit the guy, let me know if you want that damage resist.
(And if so - apologies to Mercy and Dire!!!! - that's a DV of 10 resisted by body + armor + my car's armor [6] - yes, yikes!!!)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4060 on: <06-08-16/1756:14> »
Ok, you will squash him dead I suspect, I'm in two minds about the damage to you because you probably need to crash into something to get him...and 64m/s from 0 start?!? That's insane!!!

But anyway, it seems fitting that he edge dead man trigger to shoot you all with a FA burst...feel free to roll for me 8)

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps

adamu

« Reply #4062 on: <06-08-16/2016:21> »
Ok, you will squash him dead I suspect, I'm in two minds about the damage to you because you probably need to crash into something to get him...and 64m/s from 0 start?!? That's insane!!!

But anyway, it seems fitting that he edge dead man trigger to shoot you all with a FA burst...feel free to roll for me 8)

I do get your points.

For the acceleration, as I pointed out, I started the car last turn, and I don't really need the full accel to reach him or do that damage.

As for running into something else, well, except for the van he's six meters away from anything else...Al could easily make any sort of stunt test to avoid a collision if called upon to do so.

Anyway, thanks for hearing my thoughts on things, and understood on the full auto thing - I am so pressed right this second, but I have no doubt that someone (Jack?) will have it rolled by the time I get to work in the morning...will roll my defense as soon as I'm able.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #4063 on: <06-08-16/2259:50> »
Yay I'm running!

That's it really.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4064 on: <06-09-16/0120:06> »
So do I need to roll to soak the DV10 from the impact then again from whatever hits us from the guy shooting at us?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>