NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #4020 on: <06-02-16/0611:06> »
@CoF -

Al's action for IP3 of Turn 2 is mostly boring garbage, not all of which fits neatly into the action descriptions - let me know if there's a problem:

Free - chat w/ Jackhammer

Free - take my key off of him (picking his pocket would be a Complex, but since I'm not being sneaky, which is the complex part I think, it should just be Pick Up Object, which for me is a Free - anyway, even needing to do this is just the result of a role-playing-riff-become-inconvenient).

Complex - Operate vehicle - won't try to move yet, just the tedious getting in and starting it up, popping other doors open (but when I do start moving, this should count as the one-Complex-per-turn requirement not to risk a crash.

Al's action for IP4 in Turn 2 (yikes, never gotten one of these before!):

I can pick up one more person (or two if they don't mind playing clown car in the back), and if someone could lift the animal it could go in back...but everyone else out of actions for now...

So I'll be moving the car into the best position to provide people with cover/pick them up - none of the dismounted people are on the map, so I can trust your judgement on this, Aria.
The trick here is I don't want to leave Jackhammer and Robyn in the dust now they've just arrived.
Jackhammer has plenty of walk movement left after arriving at the car - can he just carry that through within this Combat Turn? If not, I'll do the other actions below but pass on moving the car yet.

Moving the car actually doesn't take an action so also Free Action to Use Simple Object (apply stim patch).

Simple Action to Observe in Detail (trying to keep track of known threats, spot hidden ones).
Then repeat the Observe in Detail.
Two Observe in Details for threats: 2#8d6t5 1 3

adamu

« Reply #4021 on: <06-02-16/0628:39> »
@CoF

Oh, just an anti-PbP-fog note - Al does not have his van here (didn't bring it cuz we once upon a time had a dedicated rigger character).

Driving a four-seat Hyundai Shin-Hyung-equivalent.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4022 on: <06-02-16/0722:01> »
Isaint has two unoccupied seats in his car + his bike. The hound can again ride in the valkyrie module

But before we take flight, we'll have to make sure those clowns can't follow us. So disabling their transports is the next step after stopping them from shooting at us.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4023 on: <06-02-16/0820:28> »
Isaint has two unoccupied seats in his car + his bike. The hound can again ride in the valkyrie module

But before we take flight, we'll have to make sure those clowns can't follow us. So disabling their transports is the next step after stopping them from shooting at us.

Weeeellll - you're the boss...

But remember, they've got mortars zeroed on our position, as well as an unseen mage and decker with eyes on us.

I say move out of this kill zone first, and then we can disable any of their assets that manage to keep up with us.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4024 on: <06-02-16/0834:05> »
You are right about the kill zone, but starting to flee and having our vehicles disabled is the worse scenario.
What we want is an ordered retreat and that means fucking the opposition up enough to discourage them to follow us.

By the way, it would be a great help if some of our spirit wranglers could send one to deal with this mage.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4025 on: <06-02-16/0850:09> »
Okay, like I said, you're the boss.
But Isaint will have to tell Al, because his current intention is to head for the hills.

Everyone else, just to save post cycles, can you let me know if you want in the car before it turns into a killing machine?

Jackhammer, I assume you are putting Robyn in, but are you also getting in?

Rick, Karasu - near as I can tell you guys are pretty much still standing in the parking lot - let me know if you look like you want picked up...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4026 on: <06-02-16/0915:13> »
Giving orders is a low priority for Isaint at the moment - surviving the current attacks is much more prominent in his mind  ;D

And Isaint certainly won't stop Al evacuating the more vulnerable team members - he'll just stand his ground as long as he can (The drum in Arthur's assault shotgun is good for another 4 bursts) to occupy the attention of our attackers.
talk think matrix

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #4027 on: <06-02-16/1040:07> »
Yukika will move herself along with wherever Robyn ends up. I'll do rolls and actions tonight sometime.

adamu

« Reply #4028 on: <06-02-16/1110:59> »
@Dire - sweet - the car is a very nice shield from Narcoject darts!

Enough seats even if Jackhammer gets in, as Rick and the dog are now going to Isaint's car.

@Jack - well, if you don't leave, Al can't either. Silly totem stuff.

If it's run, I can leave these vans behind.

If it's fight, I can kill anything dismounted while doing cookies around the lot letting Jackhammer shoot, Robyn hack, and Karasu cast...

@ Obi - another badass post!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4029 on: <06-02-16/1321:17> »
Just need some rolls for that levitation... Van probably weighs in around 7T?!? Give or take...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4030 on: <06-02-16/1333:26> »
7 tons? That's more like a truck. What models are we talking about? GMC Bulldogs or more like Ares Roadmaster?
Rick would need 35 successes to lift it up, or 18 if you rule he only needs to lift half of that if two wheels stay on the ground

@adamu
Funny thing with those totems/mentor spirits  ;D
Mine asks of me that I keep my word.

@obi
Arthur sits in a Morgan Thundercloud. This car is unique in that it has no pilot or sensors - I'm imagining it as being somewhat analogue. That means Rick just has to open the Valkyrie Module by hand to depot the hound.
talk think matrix

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #4031 on: <06-02-16/1339:39> »
7 tons is pretty much the absolute total maximum weight of a modern day Econoline van. It weighs 2.25 tons empty. Run of the mill vans are like 1.5 tons and can only carry another 2.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4032 on: <06-02-16/1507:03> »
Doh, was thinking of max van size I can drive on my license, of course that's loaded :P

It's a stepvan but with extra armour and a fairly extensive drone rack arrangement... 2T perhaps more realistic?!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4033 on: <06-02-16/1716:11> »
Not sure I'm going to be able to post much of anything this weekend so you might, if you feel the need, have to fudge things from the stats I've already sent you. Assume they will use edge to try to avoid getting hurt... Doubt you'll get through much of this pass anyway...

Quick question, since the initial spells the Mage hasn't actively attacked you - how is your spirit going to find him/her?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4034 on: <06-02-16/1718:20> »
Another mental note to self: I really need to find a way to simplify combat…this is taking ages ???

OP Wiki Page COF Combat Log following your forum post format. That way everyone is filling in the same thing rather than you stuck with updating and reposting the event order as each person posts in the forum.
I really like this idea! Will see what I can sort next week!