NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #3990 on: <05-31-16/1216:50> »
@Aria - just a quick question -

your earlier preview of enemy actions in Combat Turn 2 included a second Pulse spell.

Did not see that in the new, fully detailed sequence.

Oversight?

Or didn't end up happening?

(Obviously I would prefer the latter...)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3991 on: <05-31-16/1226:05> »
Quote from: Jack_Spade link=topic=17794.msg451322#msg451322 date=
Edit:
One question: Does the Barghest have 15 defense dice? Shouldn't it be REA 6 + INT 5 - Wound 1 - Salvo/Spread 8 = 2
(If this was intended, I'll just assume 'Magic' is the answer and try to shoot down this damned mage  ;D )
+4D good cover for Arthur 's first two shots, I forgot wound mods come off def too... Ouch!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3992 on: <05-31-16/1233:00> »
@Aria - just a quick question -

your earlier preview of enemy actions in Combat Turn 2 included a second Pulse spell.

Did not see that in the new, fully detailed sequence.

Oversight?

Or didn't end up happening?

(Obviously I would prefer the latter...)
Hasn't happened, yet...  8)

Updated:
22 Al?
20 Van 2 launches drone swarm 6xrota drones with narcojet rifles
18 Arthur fires at Jackhammer’s barghest (6 hits, -8 Def, DV12, +4AP) def 5D = 2 hits (resist 26D = 8 hits, edge re-roll +6hits = 2 damage, total 7)
15 Handler orders barghests to attack
15 Attacker by SW corner ‘waits’ for Isaint and shoots at him as he rounds the corner, Isaint Def 9 5 with -5D long burst Ares Alpha APDS [A5(7), 11P, -6AP] 20D 8 hits limited to 7, 2 net hits!  They seem to be taking the gloves off!
15 Attacker inside building emergency patching his mate
12 Isaint charges towards SW corner of building going full def – gets shot, see above!
11 Robyn hunting for RCC, you find it!
8 Deckard Fling knife at barghest (knife swerves, it got counterspelled!!!)
8 Barghest attack Jackhammer (5Agi+8Att+2Charge-2damage = 13D)
8 Barghest attack Isaint (5Agi+8Att+2Charge-2damage = 13D) Isaint Def 8
4 Jackhammer?
xx Yukika?

??Enemy decker homing in on Robyn’s deck (using the same principals Jack mentioned) Log+Sleaze resist roll please!

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #3993 on: <05-31-16/1439:01> »
Yukika is on 11 and 1 respectively.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3994 on: <05-31-16/1723:29> »
I just noticed that trying to hit a running character incurs a -2 penalty for the shooter as well. Don't know if that -2 would reduce the net successes in any way, so just in case, I'll spend the third edge point in this round to reroll my failed defense dice
Reroll: 14d6t5 3
So still alive. But just for fun what would have happened if he had been hit: Soak (Just for Fun): 23d6t5 10 - Survivable but very nearly physical damage

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3995 on: <05-31-16/1834:49> »
Pfft  ??? Can someone less tired please look up the rules for van 1 squashing Isaint against the side of the building?  :o ;D

Dire, can you let us know what Yukika is doing on 11 and 1? And I need phase 2 for Al and Jackhammer too... Also feel free to roll the barghests' attacks to speed things along!

adamu

« Reply #3996 on: <05-31-16/1920:26> »
@Aria - sorry for the delay - Al will be holding his IP2 action for Jackhammer...it'll just be a split second in game time, but I want to evacuate and Jackhammer's holding all the cards on that (car key and strength).

If he picks up Robyn, then Al can take the key and drive. If he goes straight for the car, then Al can pick Robyn up and take her to the car. (a bit harder that way, but such is the chaos of battle).

@Colleagues - hopefully others will join us in exiting stage left. My car has four seats, and there are two bikes lying here that should still be idling. If four other people go for the car, Al will be fine with grabbing a bike.

If we somehow feel like we're not all about the be overwhelmed, Al or Jackhammer (whoever is driving my car) could pop the trunk (sorry, boot) and then if possible Isaint or Rick could telekinese the dog into it??? Trying to think of how to save the beast without endangering human lives - other ideas?

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
« Reply #3997 on: <05-31-16/1922:50> »
Is that are outside the breech also covered by the Mana Static?

11 Yukika Simple Action Command Spirit to use Movement power on Team... since we are trying to run away

1 I'll post later tonight, may depend on Mana Static impact.

adamu

« Reply #3998 on: <05-31-16/1926:19> »
@Dire - we worked out that once out of the building we are out of the mana static (until they cast a new one - keep that spell defense up!).

And thanks for the movement - was going to have to use a Run free action to make the car but now it'll be a cinch with a Walk.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #3999 on: <05-31-16/2155:07> »
What's the deal with Spirits and Mana Static/Background counts?
I'm remembering they were not reacting very well to it, but do they lose Magic/Force too? Would they simply refuse to be in it?
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
« Reply #4000 on: <06-01-16/0016:21> »
What's the deal with Spirits and Mana Static/Background counts?
I'm remembering they were not reacting very well to it, but do they lose Magic/Force too? Would they simply refuse to be in it?

Dual-natured creatures or purely astral creatures take a negative dice pool penalty to all actions equal to the background count.

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
« Reply #4001 on: <06-01-16/0028:48> »
1 I'll post later tonight, may depend on Mana Static impact.

Commanding Voice vs Occupant of Van 2 and SW Corner and Animal Handler
"Let us go!"

Charisma 6 + Leadership 4 + Berwick Dress 1 + Cool Resolve 1 + Authoratative Tone 2 + Edge 7 Vs Will + Int + 1 per extra target: 21d6o6h5 10

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4002 on: <06-01-16/0149:29> »
Robyn's roll for Logic + Sleaze:  LOG + Sleaze: 11d6t5 4  Four hits.

I have another IP at 1 and will be trying to spike the rigger's RCC while the hacker is working on my deck.  Just waiting for the go ahead to roll my dice.  Could be hairy real soon. 
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4003 on: <06-01-16/0302:08> »
Pfft  ??? Can someone less tired please look up the rules for van 1 squashing Isaint against the side of the building?  :o ;D

Dire, can you let us know what Yukika is doing on 11 and 1? And I need phase 2 for Al and Jackhammer too... Also feel free to roll the barghests' attacks to speed things along!

;D Oh ho, we are down to vehicular homicide already
The rules for that are at p.201ff
Basically you'd make a REA+Driving test vs. Isaints Defense for a ramming test (p.203)
Damage would be Body or Body/2 (depending how good the acceleration of the van is and how far away he starts) with AP 6.
The vehicle would have to resist half that damage (rounded up)
Oh and, of course you'd likely hurt the barghest too since he is in melee with Isaint. Also you'd have to make a crash test afterwards if you don't hit, since Isaint is close to a wall and the driver just failed a Vehicle test.
If you succeed you have to make a Vehicle test too (against Threshold 2) to not loose control of the car and crash.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4004 on: <06-01-16/0748:35> »
@Aria - sorry for the delay - Al will be holding his IP2 action for Jackhammer...it'll just be a split second in game time, but I want to evacuate and Jackhammer's holding all the cards on that (car key and strength).

If he picks up Robyn, then Al can take the key and drive. If he goes straight for the car, then Al can pick Robyn up and take her to the car. (a bit harder that way, but such is the chaos of battle).

Okay - forget holding action - I'll go on 22 at top of Turn 2 - how can I ask Jackhammer to give me the keys when he's got a dog-monster charging him?

So I think this is before the Movement gets commanded, so,
Free Action - Run - this will take me to a position of relative cover between my car and the one to the east of it. Rather than run across the kill zone everyone is standing in, I'll run behind the vehicles (between them and the trees).
Free Action - Center away my one wound penalty, running mod (is there one for attacker?)
Simple Action - shoot the Barghest charging Jackhammer (I'll assume Rick's knife-Fling was at the one charging Isaint).
Simple Action - trade for Free to yell at Jackhammer - Toss me the keys an' grab the girl.
Shooting dog monster: 14d6t5 5
A palpable hit! (I hope.)  It will be 12P + net hits with -5 AP.