NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3975 on: <05-30-16/1624:23> »
Hope to pick this up tomorrow at work  ::)

Quick question, I'd class Fling as an attack spell and you can only do one per pass, unless someone disagrees?!?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3976 on: <05-30-16/1629:09> »
Well, technically it's only an attack if he aims it at a target. Because you can shoot your gun twice, you are just not allowed to target someone with the second shot (Nope, I don't say this makes any sense)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #3977 on: <05-30-16/2042:11> »
That's how I considered it too.
The first pass was I just wanted to fling the grenades away on a simple action each, not aiming/attacking at anything. Just send them far away.
The second pass, would have loved to target the two beast but being limited to one attack only, that's what I did.

I was also under the impression thereally erected two more grenades on top of the one AL took. Haven't seen when Arial mentioned about the Neurostun, neither realised the Barghests would be out of sight.

Also is the Howland a Magical attached? I.e could that be protected against with some counterspelling?

Was in St Martin for a few days (awesomeness), now in England for a few more them France. Connect to on should be much better than in the Caribbean!

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3978 on: <05-30-16/2243:27> »
Where are Jackhammer and Yukika?

Given that we've been provided with a great map and know where the enemy's main ground elements are, I think if we had a clear picture of where we all are then we could start to be proactive instead of reactive.

I'm having trouble visualizing the goings-on and matching that with the map, unfortunately.

Just read Deckard's post. Love it!
« Last Edit: <05-31-16/0035:01> by pistolgrip »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3979 on: <05-31-16/0333:27> »
I'll try to recap it:

Opening: We notice the gangers surrounding our safehouse and have just enough time to pick up our kit and armor up
- Two van's appear and start firing smoke grenades around the house
- Mana Static and EM Pulse are cast against the house (which is actually a bit of a problem since the mage wouldn't have been able to see through the smoke - but that can be explained with the mage levitating invisibly casting in a downwards arc)
- Isaint gives his orders to engage the breach as soon as the enemy returns fire to him
- Isaint tries to shoot the approaching Van but misses. The Van returns fire with a flash bang
- Al blows up the wall, notices the flash bang and dives on it because Robin hasn't joined the others in running through the breach as soon as it opened
- Al survives, Isaint helps him to his feet while Robin runs by some stunned gangers and mono whips them
- Just at the edge of the breach Isaint shoots at a bike to scare the gangers.
- The opposition unloads two barghests on the opposite side of the street and has them howl - the gangers run or stay behind paralysed
- A Flash Bang is shot against the team outside
- Two operatives with Sonic Rifles appear inside the building - a fleet of drones starts from the other Van
- New Round starts
- Isaint shoots Sonic Rifleman #1 and commands his Drone Arthur (sitting in his car) to engage the Barghests
- An Ares Alpha wielding soldier prepares to fire a neurostun grenade at our position

At the moment the team is still just outside the breach in the parking lot, about 10 to 20 meters away from our various vehicles

Critter Powers can't be counter spelled, but a Mana Barrier could lessen the effect.
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3980 on: <05-31-16/0817:01> »
Ok, this might be a slightly inaccurate take on things as the forum is going so slow (has now stopped working, and is now back again :P) and I am trying to recreate this partially from memory…as ever feel free to point out if I’ve missed something or you think something should be slightly different.  Jack, thanks for your summary I’ve just seen, some minor tweaks on it

Pre Combat
Gangers turn up, start circling (not around the back, too many trees up against railway line)
Mana static followed by Pulse
Mortar fire thermal smoke around the building (not from the van, and after the Pulse as far as I recall)
Vans arrive
Isaint fires on van 1, van fires a flashbang back
Al blows the breech on the west side of the building facing the parking area and then jumps on the flashbang fired at Isaint
Deckard ‘wakes up’
Mortar fire RFID swarm around the area
Everyone pours out of the breech
Robyn and Al2 dispatch two gangers by the breech
Isaint kills a stationary bike
2 attackers from van 1 enter the building, firing more flashbangs (no game effect)
1 attacker proceeds along the south edge of the building
Animal handler and 2 barghests get out of van 2, paralyzing howls
Al2 paralyzed, Robyn goes to VR

32 Isaint shoots invader inside building
32 Al shoots but misses second invader (full def) who drags his buddy in to cover (no sonic attacks :P)
30 Van 2 fires a flashbang at the group (To avoid multiple people retconning IC this one gets through, don’t think it did more than 3 stun to anyone?!?)
28 Arthur shoots at the handler and barghests (7 hits, -8 Def, DV12 10 – you forgot -3DV for spread, +4AP) Handler Rea+Int+Combat Sense+4 Cover-8 spread = 10D = 4 hits (resist 4+18+2+4 = 28D = 9 hits, 4 damage), barghests Rea+Int+4 Cover-8 spread =7D = 3 hits & 4 hits (resist 8+14+4 = 26D = 11 hits & 9 hits, 3 damage & 4 damage) – note I’m assuming he rolled the window down in previous actions and isn’t firing through the glass?!?
25 Attacker to the south fires a neurostun grenade at the group – I’m assuming Deckard had a held action so he can fling it away, Isaint uses an interupt action to get closer to attacker -5 ini.
21 Robyn?
18 Deckard – used the fling to grab the neurostun (as a previously held action?!?)
14 Jackhammer misses barghest
xx Yukika?!?

I’m glossing over handler and barghest’s actions for this round, they should probably begin their attack run but it all gets a bit fuzzy so they can wait for next phase.  The attackers inside the building are also hunkering down for this round…one of them busily bleeding!

As if I need to be nice to you, I need another kitchen sink to throw!!!

22 Al?
20 Van 2 launches drone swarm 6xrota drones with narcojet rifles
18 Arthur?  He can’t continue to target the original 3, focus on 1 barghest? How ‘smart’ is he?
17 Isaint charges towards SW corner of building
15 Handler orders barghests to attack
11 Robyn?
8 Deckard Fling knife at barghest (knife swerves, it got counterspelled!!!)
8 Barghests attack, 1 at Isaint, 1 at Jackhammer (5Agi+8Att+2Charge-1damage = 14D)
4 Jackhammer
xx Yukika?

Known Stats
[spoiler]
Barghest
B 8 A 5 R 6 S 6 W 4 L 2 I 5 C 5 E 4 ESS 6 M 5
Initiative 11 + 2D6
Movement x2/x6/+4
Condition Monitor 12/10
Limits Physical 9, Mental 5, Social 7
Armor 3 + 11
Skills Intimidation 7, Perception 6, Running 5, Tracking 6, Unarmed Combat 8
Powers Armor 3, Dual Natured, Enhanced Senses (Hearing, Smell, Sonar), Fear, Immunity (Barghest Howls), Natural Weapon (Bite: DV 8P, AP –1), Paralyzing Howl

[/spoiler]

It's a start, I'm sure there's stuff missing, and no doubt there will be more questions etc... I may have missed a couple of OoC questions too as I've been back and forwards between the two threads my eyes are starting to hurt  :o ::)
« Last Edit: <05-31-16/0822:37> by Aria »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3981 on: <05-31-16/0850:28> »
Robyn at 21:  Matrix Perception: 14d6t5 6  Looking for hidden icons in the area

Robyn at 11:  Matrix Perception: 14d6t5 3  Looking for the RCC icon
Use Edge to reroll misses:  Matrix Perception w/ Edge: 11d6t5 1  4 hits total
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3982 on: <05-31-16/0854:03> »
Jupp, window is down for Arthur's attack.
But actually the shotgun blast already had the -3 figured in: Base damage 13 -3 from spread and +2 from flechette ammo

Whenever there is a question about Smartness of pilots, you roll pilot x2 to determine how good it handles the situation:
Arthur tactics (Pilot x2): 10d6t5 2[10d6t5=3, 2, 5, 4, 4, 4, 2, 3, 6, 2]
I'd say he just keeps firing without changing anything, targeting the barghest in the lead

Simple action: Isaint runs rounds the corner and tries for another shot
AGI 7 + Skill 6 + Smartlink 1 -0 (Adept Centering/ Running -2)
Shoot: 14d6t5 3 [14d6t5=4, 6, 3, 1, 3, 5, 4, 3, 2, 4, 4, 1, 3, 6]
Yeah, not particularly impressive.
Simple action: Attribute Boost BOD:
Body Boost: 7d6t5 3 [7d6t5=6, 2, 6, 4, 1, 5, 1]
Free action (nimble fingers): Stash gun
Free action (nimble fingers): Ready now fully deployed rifle

Since he wasn't attacked by the sonic rifles last round and the grenade didn't actually land (due to Rick being awesome) he won't need the interrupt, but instead will now go on full defense against both the rifleman and the Barghest

Defense 1: 24d6t5 9 [24d6t5=3, 1, 4, 5, 4, 1, 4, 3, 6, 4, 4, 6, 1, 6, 1, 1, 1, 5, 2, 3, 5, 6, 5, 5]
Defense 2: 23d6t5 8 [23d6t5=5, 2, 6, 4, 6, 3, 3, 6, 2, 1, 3, 3, 4, 3, 2, 5, 6, 4, 3, 4, 5, 3, 6]

This drops his Ini down to 12

Arthur: Simple Action: Aim
Simple Action: Fire full Auto Salvo
Arthur shoot: 12d6t5 6 [12d6t5=5, 3, 6, 6, 1, 5, 4, 4, 3, 5, 1, 6]
Wow, this drone surely is pretty accurate.
Since the target is likely still at medium range, damage is 12 DV AP +4 Defense -8
« Last Edit: <05-31-16/0908:09> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3983 on: <05-31-16/0947:39> »
CoF

Ok, so we need some sort of idea what Yukika is doing in round 1, some sort of spirit order I suspect, then Al can decide his first action of 1.2 and then I’ll get on to SW corner guy shooting Isaint and the barghest attacks…well hopefully anyway :P

Pre Combat[spoiler]
Gangers turn up, start circling (not around the back, too many trees up against railway line)
Mana static followed by Pulse
Mortar fire thermal smoke around the building (not from the van, and after the Pulse as far as I recall)
Vans arrive
Isaint fires on van 1, van fires a flashbang back
Al blows the breech on the west side of the building facing the parking area and then jumps on the flashbang fired at Isaint
Deckard ‘wakes up’
Mortar fire RFID swarm around the area
Everyone pours out of the breech
Robyn and Al2 dispatch two gangers by the breech
Isaint kills a stationary bike
2 attackers from van 1 enter the building, firing more flashbangs (no game effect)
1 attacker proceeds along the south edge of the building
Animal handler and 2 barghests get out of van 2, paralyzing howls
Al2 paralyzed, Robyn goes to VR
[/spoiler]
32 Isaint shoots invader inside building
32 Al shoots but misses second invader (full def) who drags his buddy in to cover (no sonic attacks :P)
30 Van 2 fires a flashbang at the group (To avoid multiple people retconning IC this one gets through, don’t think it did more than 3 stun to anyone?!?)
28 Arthur shoots at the handler and barghests (7 hits, -8 Def, DV12, +4AP) Handler Rea+Int+Combat Sense+4 Cover-8 spread = 10D = 4 hits (resist 4+18+2+4 = 28D = 9 hits, 6 damage, edge re-roll 8 hits, no damage), barghests Rea+Int+4 Cover-8 spread =7D = 3 hits & 4 hits (resist 8+14+4 = 26D = 11 hits & 9 hits, 5 damage & 6 damage)
25 Attacker to the south fires a neurostun grenade at the group – I’m assuming Deckard had a held action so he can fling it away, Isaint uses an interupt action to get closer to attacker -5 ini.
21 Robyn Matrix perception for hidden icons, yes, there are several!
18 Deckard – used the fling to grab the neurostun (as a previously held action?!?)
14 Jackhammer misses barghest
xx Yukika?!?

??Enemy decker scanning for hidden icons!

I’m glossing over handler and barghest’s actions for this round, they should probably begin their attack run but it all gets a bit fuzzy so they can wait for next phase.  The attackers inside the building are also hunkering down for this round…one of them busily bleeding!

22 Al?
20 Van 2 launches drone swarm 6xrota drones with narcojet rifles
18 Arthur fires at Jackhammer’s barghest (6 hits, -8 Def, DV12, +4AP) def 7D = 3 hits (resist 26D = 8 hits, edge re-roll +6hits = 1 damage, total 6)
15 Handler orders barghests to attack
15 Attacker by SW corner…
15 Attacker inside building…
12 Isaint charges towards SW corner of building going full def
11 Robyn hunting for RCC, you find it, although I’m not sure it should be that simple given the reading on matrix perception in core?!?  Jack, can you give me a page ref for the ‘specific looking’ thing…?
8 Deckard Fling knife at barghest (knife swerves, it got counterspelled!!!)
8 Barghest attack Jackhammer (5Agi+8Att+2Charge-2damage = 13D)
8 Barghest attack Isaint (5Agi+8Att+2Charge-2damage = 13D)
4 Jackhammer?
xx Yukika?

??Enemy decker homing in on Robyn’s deck?!  Log+Sleaze resist roll please!

12 Al?
10 Drone swarm 6x MCT-Nissan Roto-Drone [H4, Sp4, Ac2, B4, A4, Pi3, Sn3] +5D +5 limit for swarm Rifle Targeting 6+Pi3+Smart2+5Swarm = 16D
8 Arthur
2 Isaint
5 Handler
1 Robyn

2 Al?

Known Stats
[spoiler]
Barghest
B 8 A 5 R 6 S 6 W 4 L 2 I 5 C 5 E 4 ESS 6 M 5 Armor 3 + 11
Initiative 11 + 2D6 Movement x2/x6/+4 Condition Monitor 12/10 Limits Physical 9, Mental 5, Social 7
Skills Intimidation 7, Perception 6, Running 5, Tracking 6, Unarmed Combat 8
Powers Armor 3, Dual Natured, Enhanced Senses (Hearing, Smell, Sonar), Fear, Immunity (Barghest Howls), Natural Weapon (Bite: DV 8P, AP –1), Paralyzing Howl

[/spoiler]

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #3984 on: <05-31-16/1014:38> »
Robyn at 21:  Matrix Perception: 14d6t5 6  Looking for hidden icons in the area

Robyn at 11:  Matrix Perception: 14d6t5 3  Looking for the RCC icon
Use Edge to reroll misses:  Matrix Perception w/ Edge: 11d6t5 1  4 hits total

Each hit you get on Matrix Perception lets you ask one question. So at 21 you get to ask 6 questions. The first question would be "Are there any hidden icons in the area?" You'd then have 5 more to try and find the specific one. This is where it gets murky. The rules say if you "know at least one feature" of a hidden icon, you can find it as a Matrix Perception question. But they also say to find a hidden icon you need to do an opposed Computer+INT test. The opposed test says you have to pick the target randomly, so maybe the Matrix Perception question lets you remove that randomness? It also doesn't say if the opposed test is a complex action, or part of the Matrix Perception action, or anything. Lots of mystery meat for the GM to rule on. :P

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3985 on: <05-31-16/1018:26> »
@Finding running silent things:
Sure, p. 235 core:
"If you are trying to find an icon that's running silent [...] the first thing you need to do is have some idea that a hidden icon is out there. You can do this with a hit fro a Matrix Perception test; asking if there are icons running silent in the vicinity [...] can be a piece of information you learn with a hit.
Once you know a silent running icon is in the vicinity, the next step is to actually find it. This is done through an Opposed Computer + Intuition [Data Processing] v. Logic + Sleaze Test. If you get more hits, you perceive the icon as normal; on a tie or more hits by the defender it stays hidden and out of reach."

So you can skip the general search for hidden icons if you already know what you are looking for specifically.

Edit:
One question: Does the Barghest have 15 defense dice? Shouldn't it be REA 6 + INT 5 - Wound 1 - Salvo/Spread 8 = 2
(If this was intended, I'll just assume 'Magic' is the answer and try to shoot down this damned mage  ;D )
« Last Edit: <05-31-16/1039:15> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #3986 on: <05-31-16/1029:47> »
You left off the next paragraph:
Note that if there are multiple silent running icons in the vicinity, you have to pick randomly which one you’re going to look at through the Opposed Test.
Running silently is a mess. :P

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3987 on: <05-31-16/1045:07> »
Yeah, but I always thought that referred to the first part of the paragraph - You are asking: "Are there hidden icons around" and your search answers: "Yes, 25. Which one do you want to look at?"

If you had no clue who or what you are dealing with, you'd indeed need to choose at random, but if you can actually see the device or already know what kind of device you are facing, you should be able to just look for it specifically.

At least that's how I handle this at my table.
talk think matrix

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #3988 on: <05-31-16/1102:40> »
Nod, that's a reasonable interpretation. I was just pointing out its unclear. Makes running an RCC silent fairly weak though as they have no Sleaze by default.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3989 on: <05-31-16/1109:37> »
Yeah, but that can be remedied by having a Sleaze Attribute modded in and running the aforementioned Smoke&Mirrors
talk think matrix