NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3960 on: <05-29-16/1802:47> »
No, I am asking to make sure my interpretation is correct.  From what I am looking at, I need a Matrix Perception just to see if there any hidden icons about then another one to look for something specific.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #3961 on: <05-29-16/2345:08> »
@Zen Gypsy: RAW, Cyberlimb Customization can't get the relevant stat higher than your natural stat. With STR/AGI of 1, you can't use Customization at all, meaning you max out at 4 or 7 depending on if you allow the 'base' of 3 on the cyberlimb to override the Customizaiton rule. Either way, you can't get to 9 without having a base attribute of 6.

Edit: Ah, I was wrong. I interpreted natural maximum to be your current max as opposed to your racial max. Disregard this. :P Seems weird that it turns STR/AGI into dump stats, but I guess it is what it is.
« Last Edit: <05-30-16/1307:11> by Irn0rchid »

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3962 on: <05-30-16/0045:52> »
Actually, I believe the cyberlimb base is per your metatype, not your current stat. I think that's weird, but if we started a list of things I would change in Shadowrun, well... SR6?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3963 on: <05-30-16/0155:09> »
I confess to being a bit confused at this myself.  I started a new Human character in Hero Lab with stats of 2 for STR and AGI.  I then added a cyber arm and it let me take its AGI and STR to 6 each plus let me add enhancements of three more, for a total of 9 in each stat.  Then I did it for an Elf character and it let me go to a 7 AGI and only 6 STR.  Then a Troll and I was able to only go to 5 AGI but 10 STR.  My conclusion is that the cyber limbs can go to the normal stat max at character generation, and then can still add up to +3 more as enhancements.  For example my Troll ended up with an arm with AGI 8 and STR 13.

Someone please clarify this if I am misunderstanding it.

adamu

« Reply #3964 on: <05-30-16/0303:02> »
@CoF

Still not posting my second IP actions because they will almost certainly involve getting Al and at least one other person into cover or a preferably a vehicle.

Somehow this has shaken out that we are in a cluster in the middle of a kill zone. Most of us have weathered the first combat turn and that withering first IP from the bad guys of the second combat turn, but we definitely can't stand up to any more IPs like that.

Can't move/post 2nd IP actions, though, until we know about Rick's body (where? ambulatory or not?), which will also give us the disposition on our spirits, which we sorely need.

But in preparation, here are some points to get everyone clear on:

* Aria - that last Pulse, I assume it's AoE encompasses the two bikes idling on the ground near us, and I'll roll for those. Does it also extend to Al's car?

* Besides two salvavageable bikes and Al's car (4 seats), how many seats have we got in other vehicles?

* At the moment, only Robyn and the dog are "down" for sure (not sure how much longer that will be the case). Isaint is pretty busy shooting things. Al can pick up Robyn with a half-decent roll, and I maybe Jackhammer can get the dog (how much does it weigh again?), but whether we have seats to include the animal I am not sure - heart-wrenching as it might be, people before animals.

Things look really grim right now as we brace for the enemy's next round of attacks (praying they don't have too many IP for the turn). But keep in mind that we have barely acted. Many of us have not yet acted in even the first IP of the second turn, none of us yet in the second.
As I think about all the useful and/or destructive things we are all capable of once we wade through the logistics of PbP, I am pretty optimistic!

Fingers crossed especially for Jack's Interrupt going after that gas grenade guy - the Neurostun is the worst thing they've thrown at us, so any enemy that has it needs targeting (in fact, if they are trying to get us alive, hopefully they won't hit us with it again, because too much of that stuff will kill you fast).

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3965 on: <05-30-16/0458:56> »
I'm back from listening to Iron Maiden and Sabaton, time for some action  ;D

@Cyberlimbs
Yeah, customization is possible up to your metatype. Strength and Agility start at 3 even if you have ones in those stats.

@Matrix
If you are hunting for hidden icons you generally have to make a first (unopposed) perception test to see if any are near.
BUT: If you already know a feature of a hidden icon (i.e. the van over there) you can just make a perception check vs. sneak+log.

The most efficient way for Robin would be:
- Perception check to find hidden van
- 3 MARKs to control the Van with a complex action
Getting 3 MARKs in one go is possible with a -10. Alternatively you could do it in three phases with 2 MARKs for -4 and one MARK without penalties.

@Matrix Defenses

Noise is 6 spam zone plus 6 for their jammers, I'm guessing Isaint has given you the frequency his isn't on?!?

@Jack, Arthur will be outside pulse, I think Robyn will be ok when pulse hits, she'll loose wifi temporarily but her deck can maintain the VR environment (?!?)

Smoke and mirrors is running on your link, unless Arthur is running it not sure your whole PAN should benefit, kind of makes drones immune to hacking, and where's the fun in that ?!  ::)

Yeah, all team members are exempt from his jammers due to its wireless feature

Regarding Immunity: That is kind of the point of this (very expensive) setup. Using the sleaze rating of the master to hide the devices in the PAN is very much intended and has even an example in the core book.
But it's not hopeless for your hacker: Isaint's dozens of RFID chips are burned out, so it's not like anyone needs to sort through them. And even then, they already know a feature of the device they are looking for (Anthro drone within 100), so it's only a Matrix Perception check vs. Sleaze+2x Agent Rating (Full Matrix Defense).
(Isaint explicitly has the computer active skill at 6 to be a proficient defender on the cyber front)
If he didn't have an iron clad defense, he wouldn't have given his drone one of the most powerful assault shotguns to play with  ;D

And it's not like they didn't have had their chance: Isaint lowered his defenses while he had his Agents search for the Antibiotics. If they want to hack his gear they'll have to do it the hard way - just like Robin has to, too (all's fair in cyber warfare)

With that in mind: Pulse resistance checks:
Object Resistance (commlink): 16d6t5 7 [16d6t5=2, 3, 5, 5, 4, 6, 2, 4, 3, 5, 6, 5, 5, 3, 2, 1]
Object Resistance (gear): 9d6t5 2 [9d6t5=2, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 4, 4, 1]

Edit:
Also a thought that just struck me: How do those people already know they are up against a drone - from their perspective, all they have been seeing so far was a parked car with polarized windows, followed by the sudden appearance of someone clad in full body armor with an assault shotgun (And Radar wouldn't be a good solution - the jammer has double effectiveness against that).

« Last Edit: <05-30-16/0945:54> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3966 on: <05-30-16/1310:11> »
Two completely off topic comments:

I wish to thank anyone here who has been in service to the country, whichever country, in the pursuit of freedom.  And I do not want to leave out any spouses, families, or any other sort of significant other in my gratitude.  All of you have served as well and suffered as much when someone falls in the line of duty.  Please accept my heartfelt gratitude on this and every other day, for, to me, every day is a Memorial Day.

I have seen no movement at all on Dumpshock.  Does anyone else play on both sites and can verify that for me?  Every time I check, it seems to be the same.

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #3967 on: <05-30-16/1322:02> »
Most recent post in the PbP section on DS is from Saturday night.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #3968 on: <05-30-16/1419:32> »
Hi Guys, I'm back. A little confused as to everything happening, but hopefully I'll be able to reduce a bit the Stun we'd take by sending away the flash grenades.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

adamu

« Reply #3969 on: <05-30-16/1421:13> »
Two completely off topic comments:

I wish to thank anyone here who has been in service to the country, whichever country, in the pursuit of freedom.  And I do not want to leave out any spouses, families, or any other sort of significant other in my gratitude.  All of you have served as well and suffered as much when someone falls in the line of duty.  Please accept my heartfelt gratitude on this and every other day, for, to me, every day is a Memorial Day.

I have seen no movement at all on Dumpshock.  Does anyone else play on both sites and can verify that for me?  Every time I check, it seems to be the same.

Second the Memorial Day sentiments!

As for DS, I don't think there is a problem with the site. More likely with (1) the calendar, (2) me, (3) the site..

Posting always slows over the holiday periods (nerds like me are usually happy to have some extra free time to post, but the fact is, a lot of us do most of our posting from work, or else (the horror) do RL recreational activities on holidays.
For whatever reason, the general rule is slow posting over holidays.

As for me, I'll just continue to apologize - I am in a serious RL activity spike right now - the ball is in my court with the Chalka team and I need to do a resolution post on their current combat now that Dire has given me the last player action I need.
(But all my other TC threads on DS are in the players' courts at the moment.)

As for the site, sadly, Stormy Waters-related threads seem to be the bulk of activity on the PbP page, so if we slow down....

adamu

« Reply #3970 on: <05-30-16/1424:25> »
Hi Guys, I'm back. A little confused as to everything happening, but hopefully I'll be able to reduce a bit the Stun we'd take by sending away the flash grenades.

Yeah, lots to sift through and you'll have to kind of read IC and OOC to catch up.

Mainly we need to confirm that you came back to your body from your astral recon when we got attacked (someone posted a rationale for that somewhere).

If you are on the ground here with us, then we don't have to worry about getting you body out, and of course any awesomeness you can help with - indeed, anything you can do about incoming grenades would be totally awesome.

Also, if you are on the ground with us, then we might have access to the spirit I think Yukika sent with you!

But mostly just great to have you around! Hope you have been having fun and not working!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3971 on: <05-30-16/1427:06> »
I think at least one grenade you won't be flinging away since Al landed on it as a heroic sacrifice to his girl  ;)
Also, those Barghests are still out of sight and some 40m away from the breach.

But good to have you back - we really could use some more magical fire power (and a strong manabarrier against those annoying pulse/mana static combos). And while we are opening christmas packages: Some spirit fire power would also be quite nice  ;D
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3972 on: <05-30-16/1430:21> »
@Obi - hey, loved your IC post - you said you were confused here in the OOC, but seems like you were being modest!

With all this PbP disjointedness, I guess we'll have to wait on Aria to determine timings of things, but very glad to see you got your turn in.
If it stops even one of the grenades outside (the flashbang, which did a lot of damage) and/or the Neurostun, which I think Isaint is trying to either pre-empt or at least get revenge for - if it stops either of those it will be huge for us.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3973 on: <05-30-16/1445:02> »
To be clear, I can't stop the neuro stun grenade since it most likely has an impact fuse. The interrupt is for the Run For Your Life action to run towards the attacker.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3974 on: <05-30-16/1459:05> »
Got - well...still kill that guy!