NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #3945 on: <05-28-16/1711:31> »
Marks on Arthur will be coordinated with the pulse so no way to give him additional orders  :o

Sonic guy will go full def in response and Al misses, don't think anyone has been remotely affected by the sonics anyway, let's see how you fare against a neuro stun gas grenade  8)

@adamu: those 15d for howl resists include edge?!?
Nope, that's just 8 for intuition, 5 for Willpower, and 2 for my Dampers.

Edge for CoF so far - used one to not have my comms picked up back in the ventilation shafts (waste), one to make it under the falling security door, and one to survive jumping on the grenade.

And Neurostun no fun!
Which class? Just so we know about the penetration factor...

The rules are a bit hazy, but based on the Example on , if it goes off now during the second combat turn, we don't actually roll the resist until end of the third turn.

For the Pulse spell, well, I'm still waiting to hear if Rick or Yukika are going to help with any counterspelling before I roll to see if my Fairlight gets zapped.

@Team - once again we are in a situation where just tossing dice back and forth at the bad guys is going to leave us far short of a victory. We can't handle this sort of barrage for a lot longer!

So trying to figure out the best play for my second initiative pass this turn, but just not clear where we all are...

Aria's been pretty clear that the two sonic beam guys (one down) are near the marker for Breech.
And the vans are shown, so we know the barghests are between the westward van and us.
Is there a third armored guy in there somewhere? Or was that just the animal handler?
EDIT - oh, yeah, third guy (gas grenade guy - KILL HIM) is "by the corner" - is that the west corner near Arthur?

I think it's been assumed so far that Isaint and Al and Robyn (and the dog) are all in the parking lot somewhere between the Breech and Al's Car (which won't carry all of us, but there are how many unexploded bikes nearby?).
Would it be helpful if I marked that cluster?

Do we have a final answer on whether Robyn is down and unconscious? Or down and in VR? Or still up?
The dog I am pretty sure is down.

Where are Jackhammer and Yukika?

Is Rick astral, and if so where's his meat? Or is he up and if so where?
His spirit?

Given that we've been provided with a great map and know where the enemy's main ground elements are, I think if we had a clear picture of where we all are then we could start to be proactive instead of reactive.

« Last Edit: <05-28-16/1714:44> by adamu »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3946 on: <05-28-16/1726:02> »
The neuro stun will be the nastier one, can't remember off the top of my head which that is...

I'm pretty sure you are right on the timing of the gas, but once it has touched you I don't think moving out of the cloud is enough to save you!!?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #3947 on: <05-28-16/1907:41> »
The neuro stun will be the nastier one, can't remember off the top of my head which that is...

I'm pretty sure you are right on the timing of the gas, but once it has touched you I don't think moving out of the cloud is enough to save you!!?

NS X - which as -2 penetration vs. protective stuff.

And no argument on the once-exposed ruling.
But I'm just glad we have the rest of this turn and all of the next turn before we start feeling it - a team like ours can push back pretty hard over almost two combat turns once we get everyone posting!

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #3948 on: <05-28-16/1916:15> »
Yukika is with the main group through the breech. Yukika is assigning 6 counterspelling dice to everyone in the team.

I am not sure we settled whether Deckard is present or out scouting. If present, then Yukika has a spirit present and can command it. If not, then the spirit is assigned to Deckard for a remote service, She can still communicate to Deckard and he can release it, so Yukika can summon a new one,  or assign it to return and fight.

adamu

« Reply #3949 on: <05-28-16/1921:18> »
Yukika is with the main group through the breech. Yukika is assigning 6 counterspelling dice to everyone in the team.

I am not sure we settled whether Deckard is present or out scouting. If present, then Yukika has a spirit present and can command it. If not, then the spirit is assigned to Deckard for a remote service, She can still communicate to Deckard and he can release it, so Yukika can summon a new one,  or assign it to return and fight.

So can we each add all six extra dice to our resists against the Pulse spell, or are you holding any back for possible subsequent spells in this Combat Turn?

And thanks in any case!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3950 on: <05-28-16/1924:39> »
@Aria
If you don't mind I'd like to see a few rolls for the opposition (especially for that hack attempt) so I can gauge if another point of edge is necessary.
Against the gas grenade, Isaint will interrupt and run towards the rifleman.

Also could you formulate how you intend the Pulse/Hack combo to work? During the pulse you can't hack and afterwards Arthur and Isaint's commlink are either both ok or both rebooting.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #3951 on: <05-28-16/2222:39> »
So can we each add all six extra dice to our resists against the Pulse spell, or are you holding any back for possible subsequent spells in this Combat Turn?

And thanks in any case!

6 assigned against the first incoming spell.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3952 on: <05-29-16/0337:27> »
Robyn is in full VR at this time and so is unconscious on the ground near the Hell Hound.  I am waiting for any other posts for the first IP before I add anything new because I do not want to skip people.  Robyn's new initiative is 21 and 3IP remaining.  There are two unexploded bikes on the ground here that the dead gangers were looking at when Robyn came through the hole and killed them.  I am trying to come up with good tactics for Robyn while in VR and it seems that some data spikes might help.  If I can damage the RCC enough to scare the rigger, he may take it off-line, reducing some of his control over the drones.  Ideas?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3953 on: <05-29-16/0543:45> »
Can you handle the noise? Attacking in this condition could very well damage your gear significantly. If you could manage to get control of the van's pilot, you could crash it for full collision damage into the other van, taking out two targets with one hack.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3954 on: <05-29-16/1031:39> »
I can neutralize a significant amount of noise.  Do you know what the total is right here, just in case I am not calculating it correctly.  Controlling the van would take at least a couple of IP and I was thinking of something quicker.  DO you think we have the time for me to hack the van?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3955 on: <05-29-16/1139:34> »
Noise is 6 spam zone plus 6 for their jammers, I'm guessing Isaint has given you the frequency his isn't on?!?

@Jack, Arthur will be outside pulse, I think Robyn will be ok when pulse hits, she'll loose wifi temporarily but her deck can maintain the VR environment (?!?)

Smoke and mirrors is running on your link, unless Arthur is running it not sure your whole PAN should benefit, kind of makes drones immune to hacking, and where's the fun in that ?!  ::)
« Last Edit: <05-29-16/1147:03> by Aria »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3956 on: <05-29-16/1311:54> »
Right now I can burn through 12 noise so should be good to act.  I am still thinking that my data spikes are a good bet since I have a pretty good dice pool for that at 16.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3957 on: <05-29-16/1432:36> »
You've got to find them first! They are going to be hidden, and there will be at least 1 per foe, possibly more... I'm assuming you can rule out RFID tags as sources otherwise it would take you a week to sift through them all  ::)

The gang's bikes won't be hidden, but you can't get an autopilot to crash itself, you'd need to remote control the bike!
« Last Edit: <05-29-16/1434:58> by Aria »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3958 on: <05-29-16/1502:02> »
So, unless I am looking at this wrong, I need to use a complex action for Matrix Perception to see if hidden icons are here, then a second complex action to find it with an opposed Matrix Perception?  Then I can attack it, provided I find it.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3959 on: <05-29-16/1626:19> »
Now you're asking lol...will have to look it up myself!  I had thought you need to pick a hidden icon to perceive (after step 1) and hope you get lucky...but that is perhaps a little unfair, deckers get a hard enough time as it is... I will try and look it up tomorrow unless someone beats me to it!!!