NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3930 on: <05-27-16/1032:21> »
In any case, it looks like Robyn and Al2 are out of this fight for now.  Robyn is telling the others to flee without her and come get her later.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3931 on: <05-27-16/1303:56> »
I think going to full VR would allow you to ignore the penalties as they are purely physical and the RAS override should stop you feeling them!?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #3932 on: <05-27-16/1723:03> »
I think going to full VR would allow you to ignore the penalties as they are purely physical and the RAS override should stop you feeling them!?

Mercy asked me to put a note here that, based on this idea and some other thoughts, Robyn's last IC post will possibly be amended once the workday in Alaska is done.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3933 on: <05-27-16/2016:43> »
Bit vague where Arthur is...? In a car in the car park I'm assuming...there's no ground LOS to the handler and the beasts as they exited from behind their van (which is facing your way), they are approx. 40-50m from the breech, that's at least long range for a shotgun!

Barghests got 4 hits and 5 hits (not bad on 10D!), -2Agi and Rea for Isaint unless you are going to burn more precious edge?  We'll see how the rest fare

Unless Isaint moves he doesn't have an armoured target to see yet (a few sprawled gangers), unless you go back to the breech?  Happy for you to 'hold' action and save that roll...

New round, we'll count this as round 1 after RP time  :o ;D

Foes on foot are loosely going on initiative 25, vehicles are around 30
Smoke is beginning to clear, Robyn can 'see' they are also using active ultrasound

Have fun at your festival!

While you are all at it you can resist the next nasty coming your way (Adamu is right, they seem to be after you!) from the two inside the building firing through the breech (assuming they aren't dead before ini 25 anyway...)

Arthur and the Morgan are parked at the edge of our safehouse (on the google maps map it would be parked between the red car and the bus on the parking lot.
Also since you described the Barghest's appearance I assumed they were visible from the parking lot. According to the measurement tool in google maps it's exactly 25 meters to VAN 2 from that parking space, so -1 for distance and they have probably cover - but Arthur also has an enhanced sensor array with all the usual jazz - including thermo vision and vision enhancement.
If you say he can't see them from there, I'd like to change Arthur's action to set the car in motion until he has a firing solution (So one control vehicle action before he starts shooting)

Isaint was the last to leave the building - having helped up Al and given him a push, so I imagine he's still at the edge of the mana static zone and with sight into the building. And yes, he was shooting at one of our pursuers.

I spent a second point of edge to negate the second paralyzing howling: Edge Reroll: 9d6t5 3 [9d6t5=2, 2, 3, 1, 3, 5, 1, 5, 6]
Total 6, so no problem there.

Sonic rifles next: Isaint will go full defense for those:
Defense (Full Defense): 24d6t5 8[24d6t5=6, 4, 2, 4, 3, 4, 5, 3, 1, 4, 6, 4, 6, 6, 3, 3, 6, 4, 5, 5, 1, 1, 3, 2]
Defense (Full Defense) 2: 23d6t5 6[23d6t5=1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 6, 6, 1, 3, 4, 1, 1, 4, 5, 5, 6, 2, 1, 5, 1, 1, 2, 4]
I can't be sure, but I think I evaded them. Just in Case here the Willpower Soak: Soak: 5d6t5 3 [5d6t5=6, 6, 4, 2, 5]

« Last Edit: <05-27-16/2029:24> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #3934 on: <05-27-16/2049:54> »
@Jack - check back a couple of posts - Aria said that if your shot is to sonic beam guy then he's down and we only get shot by one of those.
He also posted the hits for the second guy - only 3 so you are definitely good.

@Mercy - the beams only hit three targets, and what Jack says confirms two of them are Isaint and Al. So if Robyn has the lowest initiative, then your dog is not targeted by the sonic beam (singular).

Tomorrow (sorry - can't keep eyes open tonight) I'll get my initiative and rolls up - heck, if I roll well on initiative there may not be any sonic beams at all....

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3935 on: <05-28-16/0011:02> »
OK.  Definitely some thoughts to go with here.  Thanks to everyone for helping clear the situation.  I am going to edit my IC post.

So I used an Edge and resisted both howls and I also resisted the second sonic rifle after ISaint took down the first man.  Al2 is still paralyzed from the howls and the opposition could still continue to do this sort of thing.  The gangers have gone away so we are facing a handful of opponents.  I can go full VR and try to influence the fight through the matrix or stay and try to help directly.  I am leaning to going VR, but that will put my body on the ground next to my hound.  Problems with this?

I will add to the IC post when I get some feedback.
« Last Edit: <05-28-16/0056:32> by Mercy Merchant »

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3936 on: <05-28-16/0112:53> »
@Mercy - it seems dangerous, but so does you running around without Al2, trying to whip people. I say stick with what you're best at.

Howl resist 10d6t5: 4 [10d6t5=2, 6, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 2, 3] so far so good
Howl resist 10d6t5: 2 [10d6t5=1, 6, 3, 2, 3, 6, 3, 1, 4, 4] aaaand not so good. Edge time.
Howl resist 8d6t5: 1 [8d6t5=2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 6, 4] well that sucks.

-2 Agi & Rea, Init down to 14.

Archery 13d6t5: 1 [13d6t5=1, 4, 3, 4, 2, 2, 4, 1, 6, 3, 4, 4, 3] watch me go.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3937 on: <05-28-16/0318:14> »
@DireRadiant
You sent a spirit with Deckard, it would probably be a good idea to have the spirit inform Deckard to return to his body pronto before it is moved somewhere else.
Also a spirit attack from the astral on the dual natured opponents would be nice right now... ;)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3938 on: <05-28-16/0345:13> »
Phone typing so no IC and no dice rolling...

Rough order of coming foes' actions:

Their decker will mark Arthur (follow up with data spike next phase)
Van2 will launch a drone swarm, rota drones, will need to check rules to work out realistic numbers
Handler take cover and will tell barghests to attack (trained to grab and hold weapon arms)
Guy by corner will blind fire a gas grenade from his Alpha
Guy inside will drag his buddy into cover
Van 1 not sure yet, will depend what happens
Mage will Pulse you all again, force 6

So you can incorporate some or all of that into your IC

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3939 on: <05-28-16/0401:20> »
And having skimmed Howling Shadows the barghests have armour 11 with goggles and ear protectors

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3940 on: <05-28-16/0507:49> »
Arthur's defense (by being slaved to the Agent): Matrix Defense/Full: 18d6t5 7[19d6t5=6, 6, 6, 1, 5, 2, 2, 5, 3, 4, 4, 5, 2, 6, 3, 3, 2, 2]. Attacker has -2 due to public grid and 6 noise from Jammer + 5 noise from Smoke&Mirrors
The agent cluster performs perception tests for marks on the master device:
Matrix Perception: 6d6t5 2
So Arthur would shut down the Wireless connection before being hit.

The mage would need line of sight (but maybe he is invisible) and Karasu hopefully will have her Counterspelling ready for this.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3941 on: <05-28-16/0715:12> »
Okay -

First howl resist - first howl: 15d6t5 5 Cool
Second howl resist - Second howl: 15d6t5 9 Cool

Flash bang - Flashbang at end of first turn: 17d6t5 7 3 stun for total of 4 boxes

New turn

My initiative after wound mod is 32.
That is before the sonic rifle guys, so my first action will be shoot the second sonic guy in the head
Ready weapon
Center
Call shot - vitals
The centering will take care of my wound and called shot mods.
Shoot second sonic guy: 14d6t5 4 That's hand-loaded APDS slugs from my Remington 990 shotgun.
So base 14P + net hits AP -5.

If he's down that solves a lot of problems, obviating need for some past rolls people have made.
Even if he's just wounded they might be up against fewer successes.

But in case I missed here is my defense roll against his shot.
Dang it - something weird happened with the copy/paste - but got three hits, so that's me cool on the second sonic even if it happens.

Not going to post IC for now - too tangled, too much back-edits, since don't know what is up with Rick, etc.

Will decide next action when I see how things shake out from here - hopefully we'll be able to preempt some of that list of nasty things Aria said were coming up once all our actions for this new turn are posted!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3942 on: <05-28-16/1042:19> »
I am unsure of the effect of changing from one mode to another is on my initiative.  My meat world initiative is 10 + 1d6 and I have not gone yet in the current round since my roll is 12 (2IP).  If I switch to VR on my first IP, my VR initiative goes to 10 + 5d6.  Do I reroll initiative and subtract 10 for the IP already used or do I stay with just 2IP for the current combat round?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3943 on: <05-28-16/1125:17> »
You roll the 4 additional dice and change the Ini base. Since you already acted once, you subtract 10 and act according to the new Ini in the second phase.
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3944 on: <05-28-16/1506:18> »
Marks on Arthur will be coordinated with the pulse so no way to give him additional orders  :o

Sonic guy will go full def in response and Al misses, don't think anyone has been remotely affected by the sonics anyway, let's see how you fare against a neuro stun gas grenade  8)

@adamu: those 15d for howl resists include edge?!?