NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3915 on: <05-26-16/0849:27> »
@Aria
Null sweat, as long as we are clear on the ranges involved - might as well have been pure luck to target the window first from which Isaint has shot and having an adept drive is completely believable

But correct me if I'm wrong:

There are two vans approaching and 23 bikers already around the complex, primarily armed with improvised melee weapons. I'll assume they keep to the asphalted ground and are evenly spaced out around the 20m wide and 30m long house, which would make us face about 4 bikers on this side + the approaching van.

I'll generously assume that the Manastatic spell has been overcast to get at least a radius of 10m (Force 10) - which we should leave immediately by leaving the house.

This is going to be fun...

@Mercy
My lovely new Howling Shadow Sourcebook has quite interesting rules for training and commanding Critters + critter armor. If you want I'll compile you a few infos for Dog-Al.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #3916 on: <05-26-16/0901:03> »
Sorry to be a bother, my build involves the usage of four Cyberlimbs, two arms, two legs, but it lacks the Torso & Skull.  Now, that being said I tried to keep the Physical Stats comparable, both arms are 9 Agility & 8 Strength, whereas both legs are 8 Agility, 9 Strength.  Is it safe to assume that I can use 9 Agility for my Unarmed Combat (Cyberweapons), right arm has a Shock Hand and Spurs, and the same for my Automatics skill?  Or should I be using an Averaged agility across 5 'limbs' 2 Arms, 2 Legs & Torso?

I have noticed that Chummer is outputting a Physical Limit per limb, do I use that or my natural Limit in combat?  Sorry, like I said when I originally posted interest, it has been a long time since I played Shadowrun in any version other than a PC, heh!

Thanks in advance!

~ Zen

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3917 on: <05-26-16/0919:49> »
Just from a rules perspective, the torso has no influence on your stats as it's not a limb that can be augmented (likewise the head)
Out of curiosity, why did you make the legs stronger and less agile?

The German Chrome Flesh rulebook has the optional rule (another word for errata) that you average your limits over your four limbs and also use the legs' agility to determine movement speed.
For weapon usage it's pretty definitely sure that you use the enhanced agility scores. 
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3918 on: <05-26-16/0944:11> »
Sorry, Adamu.  I did not mean to cast any aspersions on Al's character.  It is still a beautiful gesture to jump on the grenade.  And I guess Robyn did not actually realize Al's intent and thought he was jumping to get the grenade not land on it. 

As to the gangers being kids, they are in the wrong place, then.  Not sure if she will lose any sleep over these two.  I will edit the post a bit to reflect the results.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #3919 on: <05-26-16/0946:48> »
For some reason I thought the Walk & Run speeds were derived from Strength, lol, I will switch it back, so that his Averages are all nice and neat now.  Question, how does his Natural Agility & Strength figure into those Averages at this point?  With my backstory he got fragged by a breaching charge that left him for dead, losing his arms and legs, as such I purchased him with 1 Agility & Strength, relying on the Cyberlimbs to up those. 

When calculating his Average, assuming I base line all limbs to 9 Agility, 8 Strength, do I multiply his 9 Agi by his four limbs, add his Natural Agility of 1, coming to a total of 37, coming to a total of 7.4, and round up to 8?  Or do I only divide by 4, ignoring my base Agility completely?  Sorry, I am slightly confused, by the limbs are kind of central to the character ... :(

adamu

« Reply #3920 on: <05-26-16/1025:56> »
Sorry, Adamu.  I did not mean to cast any aspersions on Al's character.  It is still a beautiful gesture to jump on the grenade.  And I guess Robyn did not actually realize Al's intent and thought he was jumping to get the grenade not land on it. 

As to the gangers being kids, they are in the wrong place, then.  Not sure if she will lose any sleep over these two.  I will edit the post a bit to reflect the results.

Hah - no aspersions perceived.
I mostly just wanted to be clear with the GM on when the grenade blew, take my licks in game terms, but adjust my IC if necessary to seem COOL.
Would certainly have thrown it had time allowed - which, sadly for my Edge pool, it did not.
The main thing is that no one else had to take the blast.

As for 'kids', well, old enough to kill for money, old enough to be killed for survival.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3921 on: <05-27-16/0104:37> »
I'll just be using the "observe in detail" action mostly, looking for trouble & all that.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3922 on: <05-27-16/0159:09> »
@Jack  Would love the help for Al2.  Right now, I have him with a modified Armor Jacket because that was the best I could come up with.  And I basically made up my commands and training, so it would be good to have something a bit more official.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3923 on: <05-27-16/0724:26> »
I'll be only sporadically available during the weekend, since I'm off to Rockavaria Festival \m/  ;D

@Mercy
I'll sent you a PM

@Game
Can we get a Ini for those enemy actions? This will become very dicey very quickly.
Oh, and also the thresholds for the Paralyse resist.
If necessary I'll edge the second roll too.

Resist:
Resist: 12d6t5 2 [12d6t5=4, 2, 6, 3, 1, 5, 3, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1]
Edge: Resist Reroll: 10d6t5 4 [10d6t5=1, 5, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 2, 2, 5]
Resist 2: 12d6t5 3 [12d6t5=1, 3, 4, 3, 6, 1, 2, 6, 3, 4, 5, 1]
Edge Reroll: 9d6t5 3 [9d6t5=2, 2, 3, 1, 3, 5, 1, 5, 6]

New Round:

Ini: 16+4d6 32[4d6=2, 5, 4, 5]
Ini Arthur: 10+4d6 28 [4d6=3, 6, 4, 5]

Isaint:
Simple Action: Command Arthur
Free action: Draw collapsed Crockett (Left hand)
Free action: Command Crockett to deploy
Simple Action: Shoot at Armored Figure 1/Called Shot Vitals
Shoot (Ruger Warhawk): 14d6t5 6 [14d6t5=6, 6, 3, 4, 6, 2, 3, 3, 6, 4, 4, 6, 2, 5]
DV 14 AP -4 + Net Successes
Shots remaining 3/6

Arthur:Simple Action: Aim, Simple Action: Auto Shotgun: Medium Spread, Medium Distance, Flechette, Simple FA
Flechette FA Salvo: 12d6t5 7 [12d6t5=6, 1, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 5, 2, 2]
Auto Assault 16 w/Flechette:
DV 12(13+2 Flechette-3 Medium Spread) + Net Successes, Defense -8 (-3 Flechette -5 FA Salvo) AP +4

Medium Spread targets up to three targets in a 4m field: Two Barghests + Handler

Soak Flashbang:
Soak: 22d6t5 12 [22d6t5=5, 6, 5, 6, 1, 3, 5, 4, 3, 1, 5, 6, 5, 5, 2, 6, 4, 6, 2, 6, 1, 3]

Edge remaining: 3/5

Current Defenses:
Matrix: R6 Jammer around Isaint and Arthur
Commlink attended by Agent 6 (Susi), running silent + Smoke&Mirrors 5 + Full Defense (12 D to find, 19 to defense)
Noise reduction 7 (Fresnel Fabric) + Device Rating 7
All devices slaved to commlink for DR+FW 7+ 5 Full Defense)
Isaint defense: 17 (+ if necessary 7 Full Defense)
Isaint armor: 21+5(Body)
Arthur defense: 10+5(Full Defense)-2 (sits in Car)
Armor: 20 (Wears Isaints Full Body Armor) + 6 Car armor
« Last Edit: <05-27-16/1931:11> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3924 on: <05-27-16/0800:05> »
They've got a pet go-gang as a smoke screen, they found us almost immediately, they've got powerful spells, vehicles with gun turrets they aren't afraid to operate in public, mortars with exotic payloads they aren't afraid to fire off in Harrow, and badass paracritters.

So they are very well funded and organized.

But for all those amazing resources, they have not thrown a single lethal or even physically damaging attack at us (plus the GM's mention of an "extraction" vehicle.

Anyone this well-funded would know we don't have the dingus anymore, so they are after US.
And it seems quite clear they want us alive.

Knowing that gives us an advantage...

(And in no way disinclines Al from killing them - he'd rather they kill him than take his freedom!)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3925 on: <05-27-16/0826:07> »
Bit vague where Arthur is...? In a car in the car park I'm assuming...there's no ground LOS to the handler and the beasts as they exited from behind their van (which is facing your way), they are approx. 40-50m from the breech, that's at least long range for a shotgun!

Barghests got 4 hits and 5 hits (not bad on 10D!), -2Agi and Rea for Isaint unless you are going to burn more precious edge?  We'll see how the rest fare

Unless Isaint moves he doesn't have an armoured target to see yet (a few sprawled gangers), unless you go back to the breech?  Happy for you to 'hold' action and save that roll...

New round, we'll count this as round 1 after RP time  :o ;D

Foes on foot are loosely going on initiative 25, vehicles are around 30
Smoke is beginning to clear, Robyn can 'see' they are also using active ultrasound

Have fun at your festival!

While you are all at it you can resist the next nasty coming your way (Adamu is right, they seem to be after you!) from the two inside the building firing through the breech (assuming they aren't dead before ini 25 anyway...)

ARES SCREECH SONIC RIFLE
ACC 6 DV 7S AP * MODE  SS

The sonic rifle can fire with variable beam settings. It uses the same rules as shotguns (p. 180, SR5) for determining the number of targets affected and the DV modifier, as well as ranges. The Exotic Ranged Weapon (Sonic Rifle) skill is used to fire this weapon. The Damage Resistance Test uses Willpower instead of Body and ignores all standard armor. Damper earware (p. 454, SR5) provides +2 bonus dice to the resistance test.

Targets hit by a beam suffer the effects of disorientation and nausea (see p. 409, SR5) <oh for an 'evil' smiley>

The go-gang were just convenient :P
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3926 on: <05-27-16/0836:39> »
Should say those sonics are med range medium spread: medium range, –3 DV, targets get –3 defense, and up to three targets within a 4-meter spread... we'll say that's Al, Isaint (assuming he's shooting inside) and the person(s if Isaint is outside) with the lowest initiative for this round (as a 'fair' way of measuring how fast you got out originally)

adamu

« Reply #3927 on: <05-27-16/0853:37> »
@Aria - so just to be crystal clear -

everyone has to resist TWO paralyzing howl attacks, and each of those getting sonic beamed also resists TWO separate attacks

Just to make things quicker, do we know how many successes those beam weapon attacks got?

Thanks!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3928 on: <05-27-16/0958:11> »
Robyn Initiative:  Initiative: 10+1d6 11

Al2 Initiative:  Initiative: 10+3d6 22

Pretty safe to assume Robyn has the lowest initiative so is the third victim, after Al and ISaint, but only one sonic rifle left.

Resist Sonic Attack 2: 7d6t5 4  Resisted the sonic rifle.. 

Resist Howl 1: 12d6t5 5
Resist Howl 2: 12d6t5 2
Resist Howl 2 w/Edge reroll: 10d6t5 3  Resisted both howls.

The Hell Hound only needs to save against the howls.

Resist Howl 1: 9d6t5 2
Resist Howl 2: 9d6t5 3  Total of 4 net hits, so Agility is now 0 and Reaction is now 1 and initiative is 18.  Not that it matters since the hound is paralyzed.

« Last Edit: <05-28-16/0044:29> by Mercy Merchant »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3929 on: <05-27-16/1019:57> »
Two howl, 2 sonic if Isaint's outside still, if his shot is against one inside then only 1 sonic! Al2 doesn't need to worry about sonic if paralysed!

Sonic got 4 hits and 3 hits, Isaint will take out first one if he clarifies that as his target, I assume he will but don't want to dictate!