NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #3855 on: <05-18-16/0624:40> »
Yeah, I understand the rules say it requires ongoing exposure,  but that's the only place in the rules that allows for ongoing tests. So maybe having the stuff still in our lungs is the ongoing exposure. ....

And yeah I know resist don't usually count mods, but this stuff is not usual!

Not bothered by the toughness of the challenge,  but still unclear on the mechanics so just trying to confirm some things so I know what to roll.

Do we have a lot of deep weed?  Do we know that will work?
How is that easier than stealing drugs from a hospital?

Whatever we do let's do it now rather than wait to get sicker.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3856 on: <05-18-16/0726:17> »
The problem is that SR doesn't really make a good job differentiating between toxins and diseases.

Let's see what Aria says about that.

I don't think anyone of us has deep weed, but the drug isn't that uncommon or expensive to quickly get your hands on.

Since the trick worked on the hell hound we can assume that it would also work for us, but no guarantees. At the very least we'd knock ourselves completely unconscious - which obviously would put us in a somewhat vulnerable position.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3857 on: <05-18-16/0843:29> »
Rules are hazy at best on this one, and it's also mutated in to the boot... this stuff is vicious, the rules in London Falling are as follows:

Mutated FAB III: [Vector Inhalation, Speed 12 hours (3),
Penetration 1, Power 13S, Nature Bacterial, Effects: Stun
Damage, Nausea, Disorientation]
If they have a
medical kit, assume that they have access to antibiotics at the
Rating of the kit. If they have a Doc Wagon contract, assume
they can get spirited away to a medical clinic and receive Rating
6 antibiotics and the situational bonuses associated with
ideal care.

Making the Toxin Resistance Test (SR5, p. 408):
Exposed victims make a Body + Willpower + the Rating
of any protective systems, implants, etc. Every hit reduces
the power of the toxin by 1. If hits reduce the Power of the
toxin to 0, the disease takes no effect; otherwise, refer to the
full symptom description below.
If the pathogen’s Power is not reduced to zero, it is added
to the pathogen’s Power when rolling subsequent Toxin
Resistance Tests
. The Power accumulates in this manner for
6 resistance tests. After 6 Toxin Resistance Tests, the Power
has peaked and will grow no more. The effects of the toxin
continue until its Power is reduced to zero.

Symptoms:
• Stun Damage: The runner suffers a pounding headache
and a stiff neck. Must resist toxin Power (Base 6)* Stun.
• Malaise: If the current toxin Power is equal or less
than Body, the runner suffers a –1 to all actions. If it is
greater, –2 to all actions.
• Disorientation: –2 to all actions until the toxin Power
is reduced to zero.

*So the stun you thought you had isn't necessarily what you get...errr I think... you need a separate roll?!?

Anyway, the shit is going to hit the fan before the 12 hours are up so we can resolve all this later  8)

I've had a look at the 2076 Google map and added what I think might be a suitable location in Harrow...feel free to disagree but it seems to fit the description Dire gave?!?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3858 on: <05-18-16/0859:07> »
Oh, that is indeed a very worrying disease.

Adding whatever power you didn't resist to the next roll makes it very unlikely to beat.
But at least the Stun damage might be partially avoidable.

FAB III Toxin Resistance: 16d6t5 6 [16d6t5=5, 6, 5, 2, 2, 5, 3, 5, 1, 3, 3, 1, 5, 3, 3, 1]
So at least in the first 12 hours Isaint won't take any stun
But now he has to resist a Power 15 disease with 16 dice 

Knocking yourself out through intersection becomes more and more attractive.
talk think matrix

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #3859 on: <05-18-16/0956:36> »
I've had a look at the 2076 Google map and added what I think might be a suitable location in Harrow...feel free to disagree but it seems to fit the description Dire gave?!?

Whatever you choose is fine. :) I picked a place at random, purposely with no specific thing in mind.

And as a horrible aside, how would -we- know the mutated disease rules?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3860 on: <05-18-16/1010:15> »
As to knowing, Robyn has been searching the data files of the Nexus as well as asking questions of a guy she knows at London General.  Perhaps she got this information from one of these sources.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

adamu

« Reply #3861 on: <05-18-16/1240:05> »

Whatever you choose is fine. :) I picked a place at random, purposely with no specific thing in mind.

And as a horrible aside, how would -we- know the mutated disease rules?

Yeah, as Mercy says, GM providing rules knowledge can equivalate all the information Robyn's expertise and research provides.

But I did note at the top of my previous question wall that I am cool if all the info is not forthcoming for that very reason.

Except...that we need to know what to roll and when, since this is all outside the RAW.

@Aria - thanks so much for the clarifications.
I love PbP, but this is one of those days I miss tabletop - this would all be resolved in three minutes face-to-face.

Anyway, yeah, the rules on all those symptoms are different than in the RAW - does look like a separate test for the stun damage effect.

Also, the initial listing says Stun Damage, Nausea, Disorientation, but then the detailed listing of the symptoms says Stun Damage, Malaise, Disorientation.
So is that Nausea, Malaise, or both?

And with this cumulative impact of failed rolls thing, is it cool to go back and add Edge to the initial rolls we made (if we haven't used it on this test already?).

Anyway, as you say, if there's a big scene coming before we hit twelve hours, I suppose we can table all this.

But Al doesn't know that, and he's still pretty eager to go jack a hospital right now.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3862 on: <05-18-16/1241:15> »
You do not know anything about the mutated effects (or even that it is mutated!)...the Nexus provided Robyn with info on the FABIII release on Chi Town, her doc contact will clam up at the mention of FAB and perhaps suggest a meeting in person (they are always watching, or listening in this case).  EVO might be more forthcoming with intel.

Bear in mind that the rules below are for resisting it yourself...going to hospital / doc wagon / sizeable black clinic will get much better results in terms of bonus D ...effectively they can 'cure' you of it without worrying too much about rolls

Not sure about Al's loyalty 4 contact, there's 'going out of your way' and then there's risking infection of all of your patients by a powerful pathogen!!!

You can source Deepweed if you want it, it won't be pleasant!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3863 on: <05-18-16/1257:27> »
Well, if Al suggests we make a quick run against a hospital with the necessary meds, we can get to that IP ;D
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3864 on: <05-18-16/1302:06> »

Harrow sounds great.
Was there meant to be a link with that?

For the Loyalty 4 contact, we could avoid risking her patients by just having her help us get the right meds???
She runs a legit street clinic for the indigent, and also has Connection 4...

Damn, can't get this up without more posts coming up to respond to...yeah, Jack, I'll put an IC post up in a minute!
Just brainstorming here....

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
« Reply #3865 on: <05-18-16/1516:20> »

Harrow sounds great.
Was there meant to be a link with that?

OP PC resources, though it should be linked on the MAPS page.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1VFcZbE97PvPGp-gTKIV7afRiw_M

adamu

« Reply #3866 on: <05-18-16/1655:57> »
Dang, I gotta get into the habit of looking at OP for this stuff!

Thanks!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3867 on: <05-18-16/1752:02> »
It's linked at the beginning of this OoC too isn't it?!?

Re the clinic: doubt they would stock antibiotics this powerful so would need to order in...taking time etc, time you might not have  8)

You can add edge to previous disease resists if you want

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
« Reply #3868 on: <05-18-16/1824:50> »
Can you let me know what precautions you are taking at the safe house, whether you are disabling the existing surveillance stuff there etc?!?  You never know, something nasty might happen?!?  ::)  ...of course it might be more surprising if it didn't  8)

Yukika will wear her custom ballistic mask, which is a traditional Noh mask, to conceal her identity. (Ha!) Depending on Rick's astral scouting may use a Service to scout the Safe house for astral presences. Then use a service with a Spirit of Man with optional innate spell power to Catalog everything in the safe house to help find all surveillance gear. The spirit will materialize and speak aloud where indicated as safe to speak the list of contents. I expect this to take some time. How long does it take to "catalog" an entire house? Then finally use a Service to have the same or a new spirit astrally patrol nearby, outside and inside views. Then buckets and cool ice and wet cloths ready for everyone!

I really like the google maps and the overlays for games.
« Last Edit: <05-18-16/1831:52> by DireRadiant »

adamu

« Reply #3869 on: <05-18-16/1922:08> »
It's linked at the beginning of this OoC too isn't it?!?

Re the clinic: doubt they would stock antibiotics this powerful so would need to order in...taking time etc, time you might not have  8)

You can add edge to previous disease resists if you want

Okay, understood about the street doc.

I'll give rerolling fails on that initial toxin resist a think...thanks for the answer!