NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #3840 on: <05-16-16/1719:49> »
Wait are we allowed to play multiple characters? I saw Dire post in the main IC. I have a technomancer ive been working on with Point Buy that I have been dying to use.

Dire's playing the other character in a separate game within the campaign.

I don't have a problem in principle with anyone having more than one character - the problem is having slots in games.

I am chock full right now and turning people away on a weekly basis - so no extra slots on my side.

Unlikely any will open for existing players to add characters as long as we have a steady demand from new people we would like to accommodate.

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #3841 on: <05-16-16/1754:14> »
Wait are we allowed to play multiple characters? I saw Dire post in the main IC. I have a technomancer ive been working on with Point Buy that I have been dying to use.

Dire's playing the other character in a separate game within the campaign.

I don't have a problem in principle with anyone having more than one character - the problem is having slots in games.

I am chock full right now and turning people away on a weekly basis - so no extra slots on my side.

Unlikely any will open for existing players to add characters as long as we have a steady demand from new people we would like to accommodate.

No worries. Was just wondering is all.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3842 on: <05-16-16/1953:52> »
Feel free to post the character on OP and start your own IC thread though...you'll accrue rewards that way and build up the character!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #3843 on: <05-16-16/2033:27> »
Feel free to post the character on OP and start your own IC thread though...you'll accrue rewards that way and build up the character!

Too much temptation to turn him into a legendary cyberterrorist(vigilante) buuuuuut if you insist...
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3844 on: <05-17-16/0812:53> »
@CoF: Mr J picks up your package (well not in person you understand) and meets the agreed on payment plus bonuses (assuming you don't blow the artefact up in his team's faces?!?)

Can you let me know what precautions you are taking at the safe house, whether you are disabling the existing surveillance stuff there etc?!?  You never know, something nasty might happen?!?  ::)  ...of course it might be more surprising if it didn't  8)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3845 on: <05-17-16/0844:20> »
Personal precautions:
The rifles stay in the car together with Arthur. The area jammer will get turned up, the Agents are kept on overwatch for approaching wireless active weapons and/or silent running gear from outside the team. Likewise Susi will be kept on full defense.
Isaint changes once again his face, hair and beard as well as the color of his coat and wild hunt jacket.

Team precautions:
Checking, where are the exits, how do you get away from the house fast and safe, where are weakpoints an opponent could enter, looking for bugs and other surveillance stuff beside the obvious one. In addition there will be a short stop at a stuffer shack to get some high performance bleach - no good reason to leave DNA behind (even if its nearly unavoidable while using the toilet - but with our current condition bleach is a good idea anyway)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #3846 on: <05-17-16/1225:08> »
Al will find an exterior wall that is away from any actual entrances and prepare to make a quick hole there.

I'm out of det cord - free gift to the Johnson's team, I suppose - but I still have an R6 linear charge. If I can set it correctly it will easily tear a hole big enough for easy exit in the wall without a backblast into the safehouse.

Will scout a foot-route from that exit point through adjacent properties and out to a spot to park my car, which of course I will park legally.

I only need two successes to place the charge properly.
Deomolitions test for linear charge: 11d6t5 3

Will use a hard-wired pull detonator with no wireless capability.

And
@Aria - I think we've all be role-playing the oncoming sickness pretty well, but the hard and nasty (as in completely debilitating) game effects are coming.
Time record-keeping has been a bit on the 'storytelling' side - can you give us an idea of how sick we're getting?

Also, not clear on just how long these debilitating (the nausea is just a game-ender) effects last...a few minutes at their peak? A few hours?

Finally, yes, in game terms we were all exposed at pretty much the same time, so in game terms we will all just collapse into convulsions of vomiting or whatever at exactly the same time.
But will there be some allowance for the sickness progressing at different rates in different metabolisms?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but for some strange reason I have a feeling we are going to get hit right when we are quite sick, and would like to be able to calculate penalties properly.
« Last Edit: <05-17-16/1230:06> by adamu »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3847 on: <05-17-16/1634:14> »
I'd have assumed the severeness is expressed in how many boxes of stun you initially get - since the nausea doubles wound modifiers you'd get a pretty good simulation of how bad you feel.
Add to that the disorientation for two additional points of penalty and you should have a pretty good approximation (It's actually quite close to what we went through with the area effect drugs in CoP.

Isaint was lucky enough only to get two points of stun damage, so I'd assume he'll be somewhat in control of his body - even if he still is disoriented as the rest (which I'd play as having a fever)
talk think matrix

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #3848 on: <05-17-16/1829:20> »
And if 13-Hits from toxin resistance > your Willpower you'll be fully incapacitated from the nausea cramps and vomitting.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

adamu

« Reply #3849 on: <05-17-16/1955:42> »
And if 13-Hits from toxin resistance > your Willpower you'll be fully incapacitated from the nausea cramps and vomitting.

Yup - that's what I'm talking about - three combat turns of complete incapacitation. (I can deal with the big negative mods.)

I'm due for it, and not complaining - them's the breaks.

But I am looking for a sense of how far off our diagnostics tell us it will be, and whether that particular three combat turns is going to hit everyone simultaneously.

Also, although we are all role-playing sick, technically nothing happens until 12 hours pass.
At that point, the incapacitation is three turns, but then can we heal the stun damage as normal? I that the peak of the sickness? Or is it ongoing forever until we get this super-controlled meds?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3850 on: <05-18-16/0132:32> »
12 hours is the interval so you test again each time until you beat it or die! The first interval is still a few hours away and will hit you all pretty much together (with varying results as per your previous rolls). Will post more in a bit

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3851 on: <05-18-16/0244:34> »
Healing the stun probably won't be possible until the infection has run its course, will it?

Ordering some stim for emergencies seems to be a prudent move then
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3852 on: <05-18-16/0250:09> »
The security systems are theoretically non-functional, but we still have drones outside the building providing Robyn with a feed of the surrounding area.  Al2 is apparently now cured and is also providing security inside the house.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

adamu

« Reply #3853 on: <05-18-16/0418:12> »
12 hours is the interval so you test again each time until you beat it or die! The first interval is still a few hours away and will hit you all pretty much together (with varying results as per your previous rolls). Will post more in a bit

Okay. that's useful, thanks.

So that makes this drug unique to the core rules, which is totally fine with me - all for exotic and cool threats.

But without the core rules to lean on, I'm left with more game mechanics questions (feel free not to answer if we just don't know because of the newness of this mutated drug!):

* I may be misspeaking when I said this ongoing effect is outside the core rules. If we have to make ongoing tests on the basis it is still in our systems, then this could fall under the Concentration rules. In that case, each subsequent test is against a +1 on the Power (so next test will be against 14, and so on). Is this the case?
Whether this is that rule or not, it still leaves the following questions.

* Is Jack right that we can't heal any stun damage from this until it is cured?

* When we hit the 12-hour mark, we all get really sick at the same time for nine seconds, then are left with our Stun damage.
Then we make another test. Is that test a new one needing 13 (or 14)  hits?

* Or is it like an extended test and we add new successes to our old successes until we get it from 13 to 0?

* When we first rolled, we got to add the ratings of protective devices (per core rules). Will we get that again on subsequent rolls?

* Will wound mods count against the resistance test?

@Team - based on this ruling and a more careful study of the rules, just sitting in the safehouse and waiting this thing out is not going to work - it's going to just keep getting worse.
So if we have to take active measures, now is the time to do it, while we still have a few hours.
Not later.

Aria suggested that going to a street doc for treatment would risk having the contact flip on us.

But my street doc here in London (we used her place on the last run) is Loyalty 4...worth a shot?

If that doesn't work, then I think we make a run some place that has the stuff we need.
If a Johnson came to us and said we had three hours to steal some drugs from a big hospital or pharaceutical repository, we wouldn't blink.
So I say one option is doing it now, before we are actually saddled with all these huge mods.

Because depending on the answers to the questions above, and based on the dice probabilities,  if we just sit here we are simply going to get sicker and sicker until we die.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3854 on: <05-18-16/0434:25> »
The getting worse thing only happens if you continue to be exposed to the toxin/disease - at least that's how I understand the rules.
If that were the case I doubt anyone would survive this, because getting 14 successes in one swoop would need around 42 resistance dice on average.
We'd have pretty much doomed the Underplex and maybe London as a whole.

Wound mods normally don't count against resistance.

If nothing else works, we'd have to try the intersection trick again: Everyone who can't astrally perceive gets a dose of deep weed and runs headlong into a mana barrier.
talk think matrix