NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3825 on: <05-11-16/1017:49> »
Exiting and exotic locales for sure - but that's why we are paid the big bucks.
And it's probably easier to deal with a few ghouls or shadow spirits  than with Winter's strike team when he/she inevitable follows our Johnson to the meet  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3826 on: <05-13-16/0757:19> »
She sends a message to her Evo handler, >>Mister Brown.  Robyn Lysander.  Can you try to get some information for me, please?  I have been approached by a woman calling herself Yukika Karasu.  I recognize her from a couple of meetings I have had with a senior Mitsuhama executive named Nobu Harakira.  She was in the background in those meetings, but my opinion is that Nobu Harakira does not include people in his meetings without a purpose.  Do you have any information on her that you can share with me?<<
I think it best if you and Dire concoct the answer to this either OoC or IC...

I'm happy to let you keep on planning over the weekend rather than interfere at this stage, if things seem to have stalled I will push you in the direction I want you to go...and you might not like that  8)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3827 on: <05-13-16/1009:10> »
Cool. 

@ Dire  Do you want my EVO handler to be able to provide me with any information on you.  Let me know if you think he knows anything that he might be able to share with me.  I am comfortable if you think the answer back is that he knows nothing yet but will ask around.

Is anyone else having trouble getting to Dumpshoick?  Second day in a row that the site is unavailable.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #3828 on: <05-13-16/1026:00> »
@Mercy It would be reasonable for AAA intelligence to flag Yukika Karasu as an obvious intersection between Nobu Harakira, a senior Mistuhama Security Executive, and Hirohito Murashi, a Yakuza Wakagashira. The exact nature of the connection would be unknown given all the many possible legitimate reasons for a social intersection given the closeness of the Japanese Expatriate community and that Yukika is a Shinto Priestess who naturally would serve in many community functions. Whether or not Mister Brown has that I leave up to you.

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
« Reply #3829 on: <05-13-16/1029:56> »
Is anyone else having trouble getting to Dumpshoick?  Second day in a row that the site is unavailable.

Yep, there is some kind of problem.  I am texting Redjack right now.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3830 on: <05-13-16/1032:16> »
@ DireRadiant  Thanks.  Alright, I am going to have him outline the basic connection for Robyn.  Her next call will be to her Vory handler.  Would he have any additional information regarding Yukika's connection to the Yakuza?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
« Reply #3831 on: <05-13-16/1101:52> »
@mercy Yukika is known as a Shinto Priestess who performs priestly functions for many Yakuza members and at many Yakuza locations, though not exclusively for Yakuza. While it's unlikely she is Yakuza herself she would know a lot of them. Anyone surveilling Yakuza public functions would be able to note her presence at such functions.

The Shinto Priestess is obviously Yukika's public persona. I'll remind you Al obviously knows Yukika outside of this Shinto priestess persona. As did Iris. So there is obviously more to know which higher connections contacts might reveal.
« Last Edit: <05-13-16/1134:37> by DireRadiant »

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
« Reply #3832 on: <05-13-16/1133:35> »

And DS is back up.

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #3833 on: <05-14-16/0827:02> »
Greetings!

While I understand that this thread is for Open Recruitment, I was curious how the submission and approval process go for both a new poster, and a new character?  Do I post the Build, Background, and Contact Info here in this thread, and when approved move that information over to the Obsidian Portal site?

I've moved away from my gaming group, and while real life interferes with me being able to get back down south to sit at a table with them regularly, I would love to be able to participate in one of my favourite genres.  I have a couple concepts I would be interested in trying, though my preference starts with Cybernetic Enhancements and then Adepts.  Currently thinking an Augmented ex-Corp Sec agent, or an Augmented Adept who used to work as a Hong Kong trigger man.

I am more familiar with the 4E ruleset, but do have access to the majority of the 5E stuff, so I will need some time to re-work one, or both, of these concepts, just would like to ensure that there are submitted in the proper fashion

Thanks for your time!

~ Zen

adamu

« Reply #3834 on: <05-14-16/1223:15> »

And DS is back up.

Sadly, WAS back up.

Oh well, I can't find time to keep up with the posts I want to make on even one of these two sites, so maybe a blessing!

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #3835 on: <05-14-16/1245:46> »
Why is it both apparent main forums about a future high tech game can't seem to manage their own tech well? :P

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3836 on: <05-14-16/1248:38> »
My tip: Winternight is at it again ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3837 on: <05-16-16/0753:17> »
Greetings!

While I understand that this thread is for Open Recruitment, I was curious how the submission and approval process go for both a new poster, and a new character?  Do I post the Build, Background, and Contact Info here in this thread, and when approved move that information over to the Obsidian Portal site?

I've moved away from my gaming group, and while real life interferes with me being able to get back down south to sit at a table with them regularly, I would love to be able to participate in one of my favourite genres.  I have a couple concepts I would be interested in trying, though my preference starts with Cybernetic Enhancements and then Adepts.  Currently thinking an Augmented ex-Corp Sec agent, or an Augmented Adept who used to work as a Hong Kong trigger man.

I am more familiar with the 4E ruleset, but do have access to the majority of the 5E stuff, so I will need some time to re-work one, or both, of these concepts, just would like to ensure that there are submitted in the proper fashion

Thanks for your time!

~ Zen
Hi Zen.  Our active games are a little full at the moment, although once the individual TC threads start to coalesce there may be room for more players.  Depending on whether Adamu needs me to run one of the TC groups will determine if I've got the time and brain cells to run another starting game soon.  If you would like to create a character and put it on OP then let me know your user name there and I can invite you.  I'm very happy for 'people in waiting' to start their own IC thread and begin exploring their character (rewards for 2075 are cumulative for any IC thread), but there won't be much GM involvement to begin with.  If you have a Dumpshock login there's also the Threads and General IC threads over there which you are very welcome to post in!

Any questions please shout!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3838 on: <05-16-16/0819:36> »
@CoF/Mercy: Happy for your contacts to get back to you, just remember it's still more or less the middle of the night.  Your doc can probably get you in for treatment (don't see him on your sheet so happy for you to fill in the blanks)... but you will need SINs for something like this and it's hardly going to be without scrutiny given the serious nature of the infection.  A back street clinic is likely to flip if you bring this to their door... think Ebola now and you won't be far off how seriously this will be taken (although you don't seem to be infectious...yet  8)).  Your EVO handler will no doubt be more than happy to help you at one of their facilities but the others might not be so keen on the strings that would come along with the offer!?!

Your best bet might still be the mages from Below but as I said before you risk tiring them out with lots of spell casting... all these things you can overcome, and I want you to keep moving along but you all need to appreciate just how FUBAR this situation is!

Shout with questions and comments, I'm trying to keep on top of everything but it's possible I've missed things in the walls of text you lot like  ::)

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #3839 on: <05-16-16/1616:39> »
Wait are we allowed to play multiple characters? I saw Dire post in the main IC. I have a technomancer ive been working on with Point Buy that I have been dying to use.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych