NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #3795 on: <05-07-16/1526:13> »
@CoF

Logistics

Okay, we've decided to get out of this bar - which is sure to be ground zero for some horrible assault - and go somewhere else to deal with our various problems.

But questions remain - HOW and WHERE

HOW

We started the run with a pretty good fleet of personal vehicles. Al had a four-seat sports car. Half-pint (somehow still with us) had the obligatory van, and there were also some bikes. No doubt Isaint also has several remote-piloted LAVs and submarines waiting in his Batcave somewhere.

We last had all those vehicles at Rory's. But afraid we actually don't know where they are now.
The move from Rory's to Below (via Kennington station in the LCV) was a GM fast-forward post (post 219).
Then the move from Embankment station to Angels in the West End was another GM fast-forward post (post 496).
Those are both moves that would probably need vehicles,especially with crates and mules and cellos and combat drones...

Not faulting GM fast-forward posts one bit - we'd never get anywhere without them - but at this point should we assume that our vehicles are here at the bar with us?
Maybe we loaded the bikes into the van, then had the car and van autopilot from Kennington to Embankment?
If we can make that assumption, then we are golden on HOW we go somewhere.

WHERE

Isaint asked Torrent for a place to go to ground.
What if he doesn't answer?
What if he is slow to answer - can we just get out of here right now please, and even if it means just driving randomly, so that the local security forces don't drop an FAE on us just to purge the FAB?

Also, do we want to trust what he offers? Are his comms secure? Is he more loyal to us, or his own employer?

Who here has a place in or near London?

I hate to say this, considering the history, but Al does have a place between London and Oxford...

It is totally off the grid, known to no one. Got lots of beer and Nuke-it meals (the steaks are for Spike). More cars, plus a boat, as it is on the Thames.

But the isolation means bad guys will not need to pull punches (not that they ever have). On the other hand, we won't have to worry about innocent bystanders.

Anyway, the plan would be that they never find it (yeah, right).

Just one option.

MORE than happy - yes MORE than happy not to lose another safehouse, so another option more than welcome.

But the most important thing is to move NOW, so if this is what you want then let me know and Al will offer it IC.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3796 on: <05-07-16/1543:33> »
I'd have assumed we reclaimed our vehicles after getting out of the Containment Zone (because really, we wouldn't have walked through half London with that cargo)

And yes, Isaint has the following transports:
- a racing bike
- a VTOL Drone with a Valkyrie Module
- a two-seater Thundercloud Morgan with an additional Valkyrie Module. Arthur the Anthro Drone is piloting the car

So all in all I can transport four people, two of which can be worked on by a R6 autodoc

Where: For the moment I'd suggest the storage unit we used to prepare our cover. It's not overly populated, the team knows the address already and we don't have to leave London.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #3797 on: <05-07-16/1604:05> »
Great - I've got three seats in my car too - are we doing this mana barrier thing before or after we get there? (you can guess my vote...)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3798 on: <05-07-16/1620:19> »
The spell won't take more than about a second to cast, so it wouldn't really delay us  ;)

But I'd also expect Half-Pint to bug out about now.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3799 on: <05-07-16/1626:09> »
Which would cost us the van in terms of transport.

And, come to think of it, if I've got the idol and am holding the detonator, I'd probably better ride alone in my car....

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3800 on: <05-07-16/1648:40> »
I know that Deckard has a bike too. So we have enough transport capacity - if Al does not ride alone.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3801 on: <05-07-16/1841:11> »
Well, people are certainly welcome, but if it looks like someone's going to get the idol from me he'll blow it (and the whole car) up first.

Hmmm, that sounds like a fun conversation to have IC.

But we won't get down to determining seating arrangements until you guys sort the mana thing.

After that we move.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3802 on: <05-08-16/0005:08> »
Do not forget that the other Al is large and weighs in at a bit over 300 pounds. 
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

adamu

« Reply #3803 on: <05-09-16/0347:58> »
So does the idol go through the barrier?

If not, we can wait until we are done with the barrier to move the idol out. Glossed that detail for speed's sake.

How heavy is it again? I guess Rick can levitate it out to the car, or Jack and Al can carry the crate.

We'll put it in the back seat. Al will hang on to the pull detonator as we drive.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3804 on: <05-09-16/0451:13> »
It would be nice if the idol was disrupted too, but I'd expect it to be of higher rating than the barrier and more likely disrupting the barrier - if it is at all affected.

@Dog-Al
A single success allows you to levitate 200kg. The unconscious Hound is no trouble. ;)
Also: Wow, what a heavy beast.
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3805 on: <05-09-16/0726:01> »
LOL  Yeah, when this animal barrels into someone, he knows it.  At the shoulders, this thing is almost three feet tall.  It is pretty big.  Thank you for moving it for me.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3806 on: <05-09-16/0803:19> »
For those getting a Valkyrie check up it will confirm that the pathogen survives inside the host even when you've done the mana barrier trick...damn, all that for nothing  ::)  I'll confess I'm no medical expert so this might all be bollocks but this bacteria has found a way to 'hide' inside the aura of the individual it's in.  Cure disease or nice strong antibiotics will knock it flat though!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3807 on: <05-09-16/0845:38> »
Yeah, I expected as much.
But if it hides in the aura and the aura is knocked out through the intersection, the dog should be cured (and all others who didn't get knocked out would still carry them  ;D )

talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3808 on: <05-09-16/1027:03> »
Sure, works for me!

Background count around the artefact has gone to 4 btw  ;)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3809 on: <05-09-16/1046:30> »
Is the background count only for mojo slinging, or does it give matrix noise as well?