NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3735 on: <04-16-16/0450:52> »
Has anyone even said enough in IC that I would know there is a real problem?  I have no ability to sense astral anything.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

adamu

« Reply #3736 on: <04-16-16/0657:03> »
Has anyone even said enough in IC that I would know there is a real problem?  I have no ability to sense astral anything.

I think not yet.

Al plugged the leak and told Robyn it was safe to come back (not sure if that's strictly true now - oops - but I don't think it any more damage will be done now - and we're certainly better off together).

All this stuff about "infection" and ongoing magic loss came up from Aria OOC and while we've been babbling excitedly since, no IC since that revelation from the GM.

We need Rick or Isaint to chime in on this action if they perceive it!

adamu

« Reply #3737 on: <04-17-16/1425:06> »
@Aria and all -

just hope to clear some PbP fog, make sure we are all seeing things the same way.

When Al shot the sec checkpoint guards, I used called shots to the upper arm/shoulder, which per the rules can't possibly do more than three boxes of damage, and also has no bleed-out secondary effect.

Jackhammer then threw a big chunk of the gate at them, but while dangerous and intimidating, I honestly didn't imagine it as the kind of focused attack that would necessarily be lethal...moreover there were no rolls for that action.

Subsequent IC from the GM merely indicated that there was no further resistance, which is what I had hoped for with rentacops with a bullet each in their gun arms and confronted by a giant gate-throwing ork.

Aria - can we get some clarification on whether the two guards were killed? Would really rather not be running around slaying guys just working for a living in the mall, and took a risky attack option to avoid doing so...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3738 on: <04-17-16/1442:42> »
That's Isaint being a bit overdramatic - after all he did not have time to take the guys vitals, only heard Al shoot them and than see them knocked down by a heavy security gate  ;)

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3739 on: <04-17-16/1451:41> »
@Mercy

Not to discourage your initiative, but are those two NPCs appearing cleared with Aria?

Imho that is a major thing to conjure up as a player - not to mention that we still have no confirmation about the nature of this stuff.
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3740 on: <04-17-16/1459:18> »
Sorry, no, I did not talk to Aria about it.  I was going off of how you guys played in the CoP thread.  If I did this wrong, I can edit the post.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3741 on: <04-17-16/1519:38> »
Normally it wouldn't,
but I don't know if this isn't a major plot point
(Also we had in the past some severe conflict about posting speed and giving other players a chance to react which led to some players leaving the game, so I try to be a bit more cautious    :-\ )
« Last Edit: <04-17-16/1601:52> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3742 on: <04-17-16/1555:50> »
Don't worry, happy for you to use initiative and keep the story going when I'm not about! And who knows, the two mages might turn out to be flakes, or toxic shamans? The possibilities are endless 8)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3743 on: <04-17-16/1601:29> »
Oh, and the AROs will probably do squat for denizens of Below. There's plenty of tech but comlink signals are too flakey to be widely used ousted the major hubs...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3744 on: <04-17-16/1604:43> »
@Mercy

Well in that case forget I said anything  ;D
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3745 on: <04-17-16/1700:48> »
The ARO in the front of the tunnel is more for the tourists from the Overworld who are using this to transit to the Underplex.  I am not sure that lots of people from Below go there.  But you are correct.  I should have waited as I do not wish to be the cause of anyone leaving.  I just get this urge, but I will tamp it down.  "Down boy, down.  Slap, slap, slap."  There, that might take care of it for a bit.  I guess I can always ask on the OOC if it is OK to post?

And I hope that ISaint and Robyn can make it through this and still be associates.

adamu

« Reply #3746 on: <04-18-16/0502:49> »
@Jack - thanks for the edit on the guards being dead - hated to nitpick, but it's an important detail to me.

Alas, we wouldn't be in London Below if we weren't arguing with each other. Something about this place just brings it out...!

Anyway, one thing is - and hope I'm not speaking out of turn here - but just my sense is that all of the players now remaining in this group are cool with a brisk posting style - so hopefully that game-chilling issue is off the table now.

@Aria - any visible mechanism connecting Aku Aku with the cannisters? Can't think they're just packed together randomly - can we see how they were meant to trigger (other than being shot)?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3747 on: <04-18-16/0723:26> »
@Mercy

Don't worry, without a bit of drama it would be only half the fun.
Always remember: Isaint has problems talking with women, has problems not to unintentionally insult others and has a serious protector complex.
It's only natural that Robyn would be the one to get into a conflict with him
But as long as both act like adults I'm confident that this won't be a fundamental problem  ;)

@adamu

True, but especially with the inter party relations it would be very interesting to see the reactions of the other team members to the first serious disagreement in the party. (Although I enjoy it immensely that Mercy is posting so frequently *thumbsup*)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3748 on: <04-18-16/0834:34> »
Ok, here goes, if I miss something shout!

There are valves on the canisters for releasing the contents!

Guards not dead

Mages seem to be sorting out the FAB

IC coming up!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3749 on: <04-18-16/1035:12> »
@Mercy: just in case it wasn't clear, having the Old One's voice in your head like that should be disturbing! It definitely comes under the category of 'magic shit' not any technological trickery!